Post new Civ requests here

yeah, sure I guess. But it would have to be a mod, it could be one completely identical except that one civ. The civ you want is in the Star Wars mod, right?

yeah, sure I guess. But it would have to be a mod, it could be one completely identical except that one civ. The civ you want is in the Star Wars mod, right?

yea, i dont want the entire star wars mod. just like one star wars focused civ like "The Galactic Republic" that I can use in beyond the sword

I'll see what I can do. I don't have much time on my hands though, so maybe in a week or so.. a Super Bowl present maybe :D

I'll see what I can do. I don't have much time on my hands though, so maybe in a week or so.. a Super Bowl present maybe :D

haha, thanks man. i understand. im in the military and go to school full time so i don't have a lot of free time either.

I figured the leader of this "Galactic Republic" could be Chancelor Palpatine and the capitol could be (im gunna misspell it) Coruscant. Figured the units could be something like Jedi, Clone Trooper, or Republic Commando. If you could rename the spy to Sith Lord that would be pretty sick. Whatever you can do man, I'll like it no matter what i'm sure. Thanks again!

I'll probably steal units/graphics from the mod, which I'll download tomorrow since I'm really tired at the moment.

Hi there. I’ve been searching this forum for a while for my civ: Vietnamese, and have found 2 matches so far. But being a Vietnamese, all of them didn’t quite satisfy me, especially in the field of leaders. So I’m here to ask for your kind help in creating a brand new, 1.74 Vietnamese civilization, with me providing needed info. Here it is:
1. Name: Vietnam / Vietnamese.
2. Flag: http://www.mediafire.com/?mk1lo6jdkafeg
3. Starting techs: Agriculture; Fishing.
4. Cities (already sorted – those in parentheses are in case you can’t display them in Civ4, but if you can, please leave them in Vietnamese way):
Spoiler :
a. Hà Nội (Ha Noi).
b. Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh (Ho Chi Minh city).
c. Đà Nẵng (Da Nang).
d. Hải Phòng (Hai Phong).
e. Cần Thơ (Can Tho).
f. Huế (Hue).
g. Vinh.
h. Đà Lạt (Da Lat).
i. Nha Trang.
j. Buôn Ma Thuột (Buon Ma Thuot).
k. Nam Định (Nam Dinh).
l. Thái Nguyên (Thai Nguyen).
m. Quy Nhơn (Quy Nhon).
n. Thanh Hóa (Thanh Hoa).
o. Hạ Long (Ha Long).
p. Vũng Tàu (Vung Tau).
q. Cà Mau (Ca Mau).
r. Pleiku.
s. Hải Dương (Hai Duong).
t. Phan Thiết (Phan Thiet).
u. Mĩ Tho (Mi Tho).
v. Biên Hòa (Bien Hoa).
w. Việt Trì (Viet Tri).
x. Long Xuyên (Long xuyen).
y. Điện Biên Phủ (Dien Bien Phu).
z. Hà Giang (Ha Giang).
5. Unique unit:
a. Name: Bộ đội cụ Hồ (Bodoi cu Ho).
b. Pictures: http://www.mediafire.com/?k5s6c4k4ilgsq
c. Attribute:
+ Replaces Infantry.
+ Strength: 20.
+ Movement: 1.
+ Cost: 120 (but still cost 2 pop to draft).
+ Special ability: starts with Woodsmans I.
d. History:
Bộ đội cụ Hồ is the informal name Vietnamese give to their soldiers fighting under the direction of Hồ Chí Minh. They are renowned for defeating the French and especially the American army in two consecutive wars.
Bộ đội cụ Hồ are often regarded by their own enemies as one of the most seasoned troops in the world. There are many records of them shooting down aircrafts by merely rifles. Despite their small frames and sometimes backward equipments, Bộ đội cụ Hồ are able to take full advantage of the country’s forest terrain and deploy smart, effective strategies and tactics that bring fear to those who have ever engaged them.
6. Leaders
a. Lí Thánh Tông (Li thanh tong)
Spoiler :
+ Traits: Expansive; Industrious
+ Pictures (warning: no actual images, all are modern’s fancy): http://www.mediafire.com/?8kjp075cp9u55
+ Description:
Third emperor of Lí (Li) dynasty
Lived: 1023 – 1072
Background (since my English is not very good, feel free to correct my mistakes and change my writing style if needed):
Lí Thánh Tông was the first child of his royal family. Born Lí Nhật Tôn (Li Nhat Ton), he was chosen as the crown prince when he was only five years old. As growing up, Lí Thánh Tông became an intelligent youth, having a wide knowledge including music and martial arts. When he was seventeen, his father – emperor Lí Thái Tông (Li thai tong) had the prince temporarily take over the entire capital while he marched against rebels. Since 1042, Nhật Tôn literally became the emperor’s grand marshall, fighting various battles with noticeable successes. In 1054, after his father’s death, Lí Thánh Tông was officially the emperor of Đại Cồ Việt (Daico Viet).
Right after taking over the throne, he changed the nation’s name to Đại Việt (Dai Viet) – a name that would last for 8 centuries. Lí Thánh Tông also ordered the construction of many religious buildings, two of them are tháp Báo Thiên (Baothien tower) – one of the four famous Vietnamese projects, and Văn Miếu (Vanmieu) – the Confucian academy of Đại Việt. His wife, Ỷ Lan (Y Lan), was also one of the most talented queens in Vietnam history.
During his reign, Lí Thánh Tông maintained a strong army. In 1059, he led a campaign into China’s land, forcing a good term negotiation. Ten years later, Lí Thánh Tông fought his way to the capital of Khmer empire, capturing their emperor Rudravarman III. In exchange for the release, the Khmer king had to offer three regions of his land, thus the first steps of the expansive era of Đại Việt into the south.
Lí Thánh Tông died at the age of 49, after 17 years of ruling.
+ Character (I don’t know much about those xls numbers, therefore I’d like to use a measure of 7 degrees from -3 to 3, with -3 is ‘low’ or ‘abhor’ and 3 means ‘high’ or ‘love’):
- Building favour: Wonders, 2
- City management favour: Hammer, 1
- Favourite civic: Caste system
- Religion obssession (Isabella type): -3
- Civic obsession: 2
- Trading favour: 0
- Bribe difficulty: -1
- Demand frequency: 1
- Help frequency: 2
- War favour: 2
- Good memory: -1
b. Lê Thánh Tông (Le thanh tong):
Spoiler :
+ Traits: Philosophical; Financial
+ Pictures (warning: no actual images, all are modern’s fancy): http://www.mediafire.com/?4qlpqf9c7cwvw
+ Description:
Fifth emperor of Lê (Le) dynasty
Lived: 1442 – 1497
Background:
Lê Thánh Tông was a clearsighted emperor who bought Đại Việt to a golden age of feudal regime period.
Crowning at the age of eighteen, he immediately started major reforms in all social aspects. He published military laws that helped improve discipline and fighting strength; his army at that time possessed powerful gunpowder weapons and effective food maintaining techniques that were far beyond of its neighbors and even of western empires. In administrative issues, Lê Thánh Tông called off the hereditary tradition of government officials, and defined the retirement age at 65. It was under his account that the Hồng Đức (Hongduc) map – a complete map of Đại Việt territories – was drawn. The economy also bloomed under his rule. The printing and papermaking technology were at a high level of the time, resulting in a huge collection of books. Handicrafts and trade activities were highly developed. Lê Thánh Tông also paid close attention to education. He ordered many educative buildings and libraries, marked the final doctor exam papers by himself and took the initiative in the tradition of erecting the doctor monuments at Quốc Tử Giám (Quoc tu giam) – the country’s grand university. When it came to religions, the king esteemed Confucianism, but also let others spread freely. In the field of laws, he perfected and published the Hồng Đức code – a well-organized and progressive code that protected the common people, especially women.
During Lê Thánh Tông’s reign, Đại Việt made a lot of expansion. In 1471, he led 200,000 troops into Khmer territory, capturing the capital and merged their northern land into Đại Việt. In 1479, he conquered his two western neighbours. Until 1485, Đại Việt’s tribute state list included countries spreading from Thailand, Laos, Cambodia to Malaysia and Indonesia nowadays.
Being not only a bright king, Lê Thánh Tông was also a celebrated poet. He found Tao Đàn (Tao dan) clan which consisted of 28 then famous culturists, with him being the leader. He left many works written in Nôm (Nom) text – a Vietnamese language he encouraged of using as the mark of independence from China.
Lê Thánh Tông died when he was 56. He is often considered the most brilliant emperor of Việt Nam’s history.
+ Character:
- Building favour: none
- City management favour: Gold, 1
- Favourite civic: Vassalage
- Religion obssession: -2
- Civic obsession: 1
- Trading favour: 1
- Bribe difficulty: 1
- Help frequency: 1
- War favour: 2
- Good memory: 2
c. Nguyễn Huệ (Nguyen Hue):
Spoiler :
+ Traits: Aggressive; Organized
+ Pictures (warning: no actual images, all are modern’s fancy): http://www.mediafire.com/?5no9522n3nbau
+ Description:
Second emperor of Tây Sơn (Tay son) dynasty
Lived: 1753 – 1792
Background:
Nguyễn Huệ (aka Quang Trung) is one of the few unbeaten warrior leaders throughout the world history. Western missionaries of his time often compared him with Alexander or Attila.
Born the youngest of the family’s three sons, Huệ (Hue) and his brothers all excelled at martial arts, which gained them the name “Three heroes of Tây Sơn”. 12 years after their rising up against Trịnh (Trinh) and Nguyễn (Nguyen) lords in 1771, Tây Sơn’s army have seized control of the entire south Đại Việt. When the Nguyễn lord returned in 1785 with Siamese reinforcements, Nguyễn Huệ ambushed them in the battle of Rạch Gầm – Xoài Mút (Rach Gam – Xoai Mut). In four hours, his troops of 30,000 men defeated the allied Siam – Nguyễn of 55,000, with the latter’s casualties of about 40,000. After that Huệ proceeded to the north and cleared it of Trịnh lord’s forces in 1786. They returned with 105,000 of Chinese’s Qing troops while he came back to the south to solve internal conflicts. Then Nguyễn Huệ launched a famous campaign that led to the catastrophic defeat of his enemies in 1789: within 35 days of continuous marching and 6 days of fighting, he swept away the invaders from Đại Việt’s territory, killing and wounding at least 50,000.
Right after the war, the emperor started to rebuild the country with important reform policies. He expressed deep interest in education, especially the talented. Huệ ordered Nôm language replacing Chinese as the official. He supported free religion and free trading. It was under Quang Trung’s reign that the population management was first executed.
When preparing for a final large campaign to wipe out Nguyễn Ánh (Nguyen Anh) in the south (who later became Gia Long – the first Nguyễn emperor), Huệ died suddenly at the age of 39, after just four years at the throne. He’s usually regarded as the rustic hero of Vietnamese due to his great deeds.
+ Character:
- Building favour: units, 1
- City management favour: Food, 1
- Favourite civic: Free market
- Religion obssession: -3
- Civic obsession: 0
- Trading favour: 3
- Bribe difficulty: 2
- War favour: 3
- Good memory: 1
d. Hồ Chí Minh (Ho Chi Minh):
Spoiler :
+ Traits: Spiritual; Creative
+ Pictures: http://www.mediafire.com/?73jkh4ybyhx84
+ Description:
First president of Democratic republic of Việt Nam
Live: 1890 – 1969
Background:
Hồ Chí Minh, or Uncle Hồ (Ho) to his people, is the revolutionary who prepared the ground and led the Vietnamese’s fight for independence and territory integrity.
Born into a confucian family, but Nguyễn Sinh Cung (Nguyen Sinh Cung) also received French education. When he was 21, the youth then named Nguyễn Tất Thành (Nguyen Tat Thanh) left his homeland with the desire to learn the western countries’ advances and help his people out of the colonial fate. He travelled to France, England, the USA, the SSSR, China, Thailand, Hongkong and some other countries. During this time, he did various jobs to earn his living while still participated in many activities. In 1919, the Treaty of Versailles received the letter titling ‘Demands of An Nam’s people’ from a man called Nguyễn Ái Quốc (Nguyen Ai Quoc), but it was ignored. It was at this time that he began to approach the idea of communism. In 1930, Quốc united 3 communist organizations into Vietnamese communist party. He wrote many articles, books, poem and even drawings to propagandize his ideals to Việt Nam people. The revolutionary came back to Việt Nam when he was 51 and led the independence movement since then. After the successful August revolution that overthrew both the imperialist Japanese and French, Hồ Chí Minh became the leader of the newborn Democratic republic.
With the newly established state facing multiple critical difficulties, Minh came with numerous creative solutions that helped it to survive the interference of Chinese, French and English troops, with the former of over 200,000. When the Indochina war broke out, he and the government evacuated to Việt Bắc (Viet Bac – the northern border provinces) and directed the Resistant from there, into the decisive win of Điện Biên Phủ (Dien Bien Phu).
In the 1960s, because of his health, Hồ Chí Minh reduced his political activities and spent more time as the icon of the revolution, visiting and encouraging his people. He died of heart failure in 1969. Sài Gòn (Saigon), the capital of the pro-American Republic of Việt Nam, after the war, was renamed Hồ Chí Minh city in his honor. Nowadays he is recognized as a hero who had influence on the world’s history by UNESCO, The Times and other media.
+ Character:
- Building favour: none
- City management favour: none
- Favourite civic: Nationhood
- Religion obssession: -3
- Civic obsession: -3
- Trading favour: 2
- Bribe difficulty: 3
- Demand frequency: 0
- War favour: -1
- Good memory: -2
7. History
Spoiler :
Vietnam is a country unique for its continuous wars against invasions throughout more than 4000 years of its history. Though being dominated by foreign people for times, Vietnamese always succeeded in resisting the attempts of assimilation and dislodging their enemies to protect their culture. Dykes and canals are the archaelogical relics proving the existence of a rice civilization of ancient Vietnamese.
Initially, the Bách Việt (Bach Viet) tribes formed a nation called Xích Quỷ (Xich Quy), which spanned a large territory of modern south China and north Vietnam. During the period of China’s warring states, most of these tribes were annexed by the Chinese, except for Lạc Việt (Lac Viet) and Tây Âu (Tay Au), the southernmost two. The Lạc Việt formed their first government called Văn Lang (Van Lang) at around 700BC, but in the third century BC the Tây Âu conquered them and founded the country of Âu Lạc (Au Lac), which consist of both tribes’ names. Together they defeated the invasion of Qin Shi Huang’s troops using nỏ liên châu (no lien chau) - the ultimate multi-arrow crossbows, a fearful weapon that the Chinese imitated and claimed to be their invention some 400 years later under the name of Chokonu. However, Triệu Đà (Trieu Da), one of Qin’s generals, through bribing to rise up contradictions between the tribes and weaken the nation’s strength, has finally succeeded in his second invasion in 208BC. This year also marked the period of Chinese dependency which lasted more than a thousand years.
During that time, a large number of revolts have taken place, but all were bloodily suppressed by Chinese government forces. Sometimes they managed to win independence for a short time, but none of them could stand a century (the longest was the rebellion of Lí Bí (Li Bi), he and his successors set up a country named Vạn Xuân (Van Xuan) and defended it for 58 years) before being taken over again. Surprisingly, Vietnamese people were still able to conserve their culture after such a long period heavily affected by the north. It was not until 905AD, when a man called Khúc Thừa Dụ (Khuc Thua Du) built an independent government, that they could finally break out of Chinese’s control.
Since then, Vietnam spent another millenium under the feudal regime. Ngô Quyền (Ngo Quyen) was the first Vietnamese to claim the title of emperor in 939, after winning the first of the famous battles at Bạch Đằng (Bach Dang) river against northern invaders. The Ngô (Ngo) dynasty was followed by the Đinh (Dinh) of Đinh Bộ Lĩnh (Dinh Bo Linh), who united the nation after it was divided in a period of “Twelve warlords” and renamed it Đại Cồ Việt (Daico Viet). Lê Hoàn (Le Hoan) of the Tiền Lê (former Le) dynasty overturned the Đinh and then defeated the Chinese Sung army in the second battle at Bạch Đằng. The subsequent Lí (Li) dynasty (1009 – 1225) changed the country’s name to Đại Việt (Dai Viet) and moved its capital to Thăng Long (Thang Long) (now Hà Nội (Ha Noi)). Then the Trần (Tran) dynasty came to power and successfully carried out resistant wars against three consecutive invadings of the Mongols, among them the third war ended with the third battle of Bạch Đằng river. The Hồ (Ho) dynasty overthew the Trần in 1400 but they couldn’t fight the agression from the north shortly after, thus a brief domination from Chinese Ming for twenty years before Lê Lợi (Le Loi) drove them off. The Hậu Lê (latter Le) (1428 – 1789) period was temporarily interrupted by a coup by the Mạc (Mac) dynasty but it was restored in less than a decade.
The restoration of the Hậu Lê was also the beginning to a special stage of Vietnam’s feudal history. Two mandarins who helped the Hậu Lê to regain the crown also seized power and became two opposing forces, the Trịnh (Trinh) lord and Nguyễn (Nguyen) lord. The puppet Lê emperor held only his title. This period saw significant land expansion, trading development and new religion spreading, due to intense competitions of the two rivals. The rise of Nguyễn Huệ (Nguyen Hue) and his Tây Sơn (Tay Son) dynasty ended that separated situation; but unfortunately the government was unable to outlive his sudden death. A descendant of the Nguyễn lords, Nguyễn Ánh (Nguyen Anh), vanquished them and established the Nguyễn dynasty (1802 – 1945) and renamed the nation Việt Nam.
From 1858 to 1886, the French conducted a war that turned Vietnam into one of their colonies. Since then, they kept the nominal Nguyễn emperors and executed a colonial exploit policy. The Japanese supplanted them in 1940 and did the same to Vietnamese. In a short time of chaos after the Axis’ surrender in World war 2, Hồ Chí Minh (Ho Chi Minh) and his Việt Minh (Viet Minh) forces managed to snatch the opportunity and led the August revolution, overthrowing both the Japanese and the puppet Nguyễn dynasty while founding the Democratic republic of Vietnam.
The allies Chinese and English troops entered Vietnam right after that. They soon handed it over to the French, who were making a return in the hope to colonize the country for a second time. The newly formed Vietnamese government couldn’t tolerate that – and broke out the Indochina war. After their total defeat at Điện Biên Phủ (Dien Bien Phu), the French were forced to sign the Geneva agreements in 1954, which temporarily divided the country to two regions at the 17th parallel. That was when the American jumped in the southern part and found the Republic of Việt Nam, thus began the Vietnam war. Though employing various strategies and spent huge money for the war, the American army were bogged down and had to sign the 1973 Paris peace accords to avoid an upcoming failure. Only two years after did the Vietnamese succeeded in annihilating the pro-American government in the south and uniting the nation. But the patriotic wars didn’t end there. They had to fight the Khmer Rouge and then its supporting influence – the Communist Chinese until 1990.
In 1986, the Vietnamese government initiated Đổi mới (Renovation), an economic and social reform that gradually changed the country toward the capitalism with the now known as mixed economy. Vietnam today has gained recognition of the world, with its people hoping for finally an era of peace after a long history of fighting for their own land.
8. Unique building (Warlords and Beyond the sword):
Spoiler :
For those who are interested in creating not only a 1.74 Vietnamese civilization but also that in W and BtS, I would like to suggest a unique building FYR:
a. Name: Đình làng (Dinh lang)
b. Pictures: http://www.mediafire.com/?pe3v98rgyw49o
c. Replaces: Courthouse
d. Additional benefit:
+ +1 happiness
+ +2 culture
+ Can turn 1 citizen into Priest
Well, that’s it for my people! Feel free to discuss with me anything you disagree or want to change, or just want to know more. I’ve put quite some effort in making this post (it takes nearly a month!), so I really hope someone will make it. Your help will be truly appreciated. And one last word, in case I don’t monitor this subforum very closely and miss it when somebody posts my civilization, please PM me when you finish it, ok? Thank you :)
EDIT: this is a link to my thread requesting this same civ: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=456350

I have a simple request. No new Civs or anything.

There's some leaders we miss to have and I hope these will also fill in the missing three traits. They're also in Civ3 so maybe taking the civilopedia articles from there should be okay.

Their face can be made in any way. Im not sure how you'll deal with them.

You can make them as quick as you like, as long as it works. at least for the music, same as the other leaders.

The three leaders:

Hiawatha of Native Americans
Traits: Organized, Protective
Fav Civic: Nationhood. Focus: Food, Gold. Slightly Aggressive.
- not sure if he should be in his own civ, Iroquois. he'd be getting quite an army. not sure how he will be different than sitting bull. not sure if this fav civic would go well with him. applies to the other leaders.

Cleopatra of Egypt
Traits: Creative, Charimatic
Fav Civic: Hereditary Rule. Focus: Culture, Happiness. Slightly Passive.
- Her obelisks will be such at full effect now.

Xerxes of Persia
Traits: Philosophical, Industrious
Fav Civic: Slavery. Focus: Science, Military. Aggressive.
- i know this won't match him but I prefer having an extra leader with it rather than changing another.

i know there may be other leaders I could of got but these should do the job. thank you. :3

Hyrule from the Legend of Zelda series with Zelda as a leader

I have a request for a Taiwanese Civ

Taiwan/Taiwanese
Symbol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_Taiwan_proposed_1996.svg
Starting Techs: Mysticism and Agriculture
Leaders:
Koxinga (Zheng Chenggong)
-Organized/Protective
Xingsan (Liu Mingchuan)
-Industrial/Financial

Unique Unit?:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2a/Takasago_Volunteer_Corps.JPG

I did some research on Taiwan and this civ can be tricky to make as I have no idea what are the unique units and buildings of Taiwan exactly and that there are sparse information on the details of the Taiwanese aboriginals themselves. The only thing close to a unique unit are the Takasago corps consisting of Taiwanese aboriginals.

I would like to, if I may be so bold, request a Skyrim Civ.

Short Name/Adjective: Skyrim/Nordic
Symbol:
Starting Techs: Mysticism, Mining
Leaders:
High King Torygg -Protective, Philosophical
Jarl Elisif the Fair -Protective, Organized
Jarl Ulfric Stormcloak -Aggressive, Spiritual

Unique Unit:
Hold Guard- Replaces Swordsman
No bonus to city attack, but starts with City Defense 1

Unique Building:
Shrine of Talos- replaces Monument
All bonuses of the Monuent, plus gives 2 extra experience to all units built in that city.

I'd like it if someone made Liechtenstien.

Nation Name: Liechtenstein
Starting Techs: Agriculture, Hunting
Leaders:
Hans-Albert II - Economical, Cultural.
Alios - Economical, Cultural.
Both will have Lincoln's theme.

Unique Unit:
FL Humvee (Replaces Mechanical Infantry) (http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/31/article-0-15C6ED82000005DC-608_634x416.jpg)
Starts with City Defense 1 and can carry a stack of one unit.

Unique Building:
High Keep - Replaces Castle
Valduz Castle - Replaces Palace.

Request:
POWYS
Leader: Bleddyn ap Cynfyn Mathrafal
Idnerth Maelienydd
UU:powish Cavalry
A horse archer with +1 strength and +1 strength in hills
UB:Cynwyd
A castle with +1 commerce output

Must be modular.

I'd like to request The TARASCANS as a Civ. During Pre-Columbian times in Mexico they were the second most powerful and second largest state, with the Aztecs their only superiors.

They are being added to the colonization mod Religion and Revolution right now
It's certainly not equal to a Civ IV civilization, but might be a good base

Hello, I have a request for a new civilization : the Oceanian. I have the ideas for the UU(Ocean guard : replaces lancer, has +50% against archer units and +50% against mounted units instead of 100%. Has 6 strengh and upgrade to rifleman or grenadier) and the UB (Aquarium : replaces colosseum, has +2 health bonus and +1 happiness bonus for each sea ressource), but I don't have the time to do it.

If someone wants to do it I can provide the cities' names, the UU and UB icons. Thanks.

Nevermind I managed to do it myself.

I'd be happy to make a few of these civs. I'm not a particuly good modder but can do a few small XML changes. I shall see what I can do.

What leaders, uu and ub do you suggest for ulster, kensington888?

<-- Currently making Liechtenstein, but having a bit of a problem with buttons -->

Top Bottom