T-55.gif
    36.7 KB · Views: 148
  • T-55_Drawing_Russia_01.gif
    T-55_Drawing_Russia_01.gif
    113.8 KB · Views: 138
  • p91l.gif
    p91l.gif
    116.9 KB · Views: 164
Just so most of you know (and also incase you didn't see post 2), I'm still making units, so these requests do get seen.

Right now I'm focusing a lot on WW2 armor, as I have access to excellent skins for them on the Combat Mission Mod Database. I haven't forgotten about the other requests for more modern (and future!) vehicles. I have a mech fully animated but not skinned which I might release unfinished just to get it out there. I also have several tanks and a couple of planes for you modern people (F86, BT-2, Type 90, Tu95 Bear, Challenger II, just to name a few) in the wings. Many are already modelled and animated, just awaiting skins.

Keep the requests coming! I can say with certainty that I will be gone for at least a month, if not 2-3 as of July 26, so get them in while you can.

-Smitty

snafusmith said:
Just so most of you know (and also incase you didn't see post 2), I'm still making units, so these requests do get seen.

Right now I'm focusing a lot on WW2 armor, as I have access to excellent skins for them on the Combat Mission Mod Database. I haven't forgotten about the other requests for more modern (and future!) vehicles. I have a mech fully animated but not skinned which I might release unfinished just to get it out there. I also have several tanks and a couple of planes for you modern people (F86, BT-2, Type 90, Tu95 Bear, Challenger II, just to name a few) in the wings. Many are already modelled and animated, just awaiting skins.

Keep the requests coming! I can say with certainty that I will be gone for at least a month, if not 2-3 as of July 26, so get them in while you can.

-Smitty

So then how about a bombard and a ballista to bridge the siege warfare gap :D

I can get you more pictures if you need them. Come on, from one upstate New Yorker to another :)

Glad to hear you are still working on the 'Mech. I'm sure there are others here who could pick up the skinning if need be (maybe if you just provided a texture map with all the parts in different colors that would make it easier for us low-skill types to chip in?). Would love to see even the wireframe as a teaser :)

The Japanese WW2 tank. I dont recognize it out there. The Z, T something or the other. do it. do it. please.

snafusmith said:
Units to do:
-Chinese Type 90 MBT
-British Challenger II MBT
-Dwarf Gryocopter
-AH64 Apache
-Bombard/Balista
Thanks a lot snafusmith! These will really come in handy with my mod!

PS - Look to your PM.

There are several I'd like to request, but one comes to mind off hand (aside from the Stone Henge Superweapon from Ace Combat 04 ^^; )

The Japanese Underwater Carrier of WWII, the I-401. I would like see this to add some "superweapon" flare to Civilization IV, here are some resources and pics:

Side Shot 1
Side Shot 2
Side Shot 3

Info 1
Info 2

Other

It is hard to find much on this vessel, but it is interesting to hear right before the end of the war with Japan, one was en route to bomb Panama Canal--original plan was to drop infected rats and insects on the American coast o.o;

If you get some time, I would love to see an M109 A6 Paladin 155mm SP Howitzer. After seeing your various unit models, I believe that you could do this artillery piece justice.

You can find a variety of pictures at the following websites:

<http://www.army-technology.com/projects/paladin/>

<http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m109a6-pics.htm>

I would love to see some mechanized artillery, which could keep pace in an offensive with the mechanized infantry.

Unfortunately I won't be making any more units for a while. The US military owns me from now on more than ever, so what little time I have off will be spent staying sane. If I do get to any new units, they'll be from past requests.

-Smitty

Hi,

I just posted this over in the vehicle request thread but I am not sure if anyone is still looking at it.

I was wondering if you are still taking requests for vehicles as I need either a Dora Railway Gun or Karl Mortar for an Eastern Front scenario I am currently working on.

Here is the original thread I posted: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5222297&postcount=545

first of all, thank you for making a submarine unit!! it looks good and runs good. I was wondering if you could tweak the animation so that when it attacks and fortifies, it submerges...the original generic submarine does that and I thought it would be nice for your attack sub to do so, too. Thank you!!:goodjob:

Top Bottom