• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Potentially Historic Tuesday

Huh. I just saw the photos BvBPL posted.

Is this what you consider "historic"? Seriously?

Dude, that was at 4 pm on Monday.

Ah, so that's after the roads are clear? Man, here, you'd have to wait at least a day or so after the snow.

It was at the cusp of the start of the snow.

This is the view from my house now, about 24 hours later.

I had considered taking a photo from the same position I did last night, but forget that.

In the DC area that would be quite a lot of snow (looks like something that might have given us up to a week off from school) but not that much.

My friend who lives in NYC messaged me that the snow seems to have missed his part of town, and the NYC folks are real good about clearing the streets, at least in his neighborhood.

Actually, now that I think about it, for those of you living in that region, what's the word on the snow turning into ice and what not? I'd imagine if there was a lot of ice that might be a bit more historic, though not that historic.

When you jump out of your house from the second-story window to go shovelling, now that's impressive.

As an ex New Englander living in the wild western hinterlands of California, I was amused a few weeks ago when every school in San Francisco closed down because of a heavy rain forecast. It was also very windy and cold, poor dears.

I suppose my daughter has a long life of "when I was your age" stories mocking the relative sensitivity of San Franciscans to actual weather.

tbf parts of the North Bay experienced some pretty nasty flash floods during that stretch.

For some reason, the mailman didn't deliver today.

Snow shovelling is good for you. Works your obliques. And your triceps. If you're going to work out, you might as well have some winter fun doing it.

Maybe this thread should have been titled "potentially historic February", and it's only the 9th. We're being told to expect another 8"-14" (20-35cm) over the next 24 hours, which I think will push our 2-week total past 5'/1.5m.

Top Bottom