Pre-GodNES

If so, thats fine. Did seem a bit of a random comment and perhaps I took it the wrong way~ i'm just overly sensitive to trolling atm.

I imagine this thread is such a mess it will take longer. I don't mind waiting as long as it is happening.

Could everyone send me their god info or at least actions in PM, that way I could finish in five minutes after receiving the last ones. Reading through 27 pages of diplomacy, random talking and some occassional important stuff is taking all my time while with PMs you could get playing before Saturday!

also, you are allowed (and required) to name places whatever you wish

map: (unlabeled version, no outside terrain yet)

For the area I've created:
-The tribes will be the Merkids, Fendids, Oborids, Mantids, and Gothids. I will name any others if necessary
-The river will be War River
-The plains will be the Horseman plains
-The people of the Horseman plains will be a generalised ethnicity called the Mongoloids
-The river people will be a generalised ethnicity called the Riveroids

The creation of the library and the spreading of the pythons are Szok's only significant actions.

Is this creation story good or should it be a bit more serious and less Douglas Adams-
Pratchett -like?

---
The Origin of Mankind

The Creation of Humans
A long time ago, I don't know how long ago, it might have been yesterday but I really don't know, the Greatest One was making some midgets in his/her/its workshop. He/she/it (from now hsi) had lots of pieces from which to build hsi's creations; bones, organs, muscles and some other stuff even viler than these lying around on one's workshop floor. But hsi didn't care, because hsi had almost finished hsi's greatest creation: humans.
However, it lacked something, and thus hsi took something from the floor and stuck it to them. Hsi didn't have enough of those for all of mankind, but instead hsi found another piece fitting to the same place. These were different from the earlier ones, marking humans to two rough groups: males and females. Yet even then all humans didn't have something to fit that place so hsi combined parts of males' and females' to make something-in-betweens. Nobody knows which ones were first, males or females, and if the something-in-betweens were the pinnacle or residue of the creation, but it didn't matter, because of what The Greatest One had decided.

A Perfect World, and the Fall of Humanity
The Greatest One wasn't absolutely sure if the new thing hsi had stuck to humans was good or bad, so hsi decided that humans would have restrictions:
"You shall be allowed to use this new thing only if you have my permission, and even then you shall be limited to using it in the ways I find right" hsi said.
Having said that, hsi placed the humans in a perfect place, full of all kinds of things perfect places usually have: forests, streams, lakes, animals and other stuff.
But humans were curious. They wanted to know what they could do with the new things they had received, and tried to use them. And when hsi found out what they had done, hsi became very, very angry.

The Punishment
Hsi said: "You have done the greatest crime imaginable; you have used a thing I gave to you, without using it only in the ways I had decided right for no reason! For this, I shall destroy you!" and destroyed humans.
But the blueprints were left in hsi's workshop, so hsi decided yet another way to sadistically curse hsi's creations: gods.
"You shall be given a punishment, in another world where you shall live and use these things I gave to you, but you shall not be alone. You shall have gods whom you must please and whose boots you must lick, or they shall stomp you. They shall be allowed to decide how and when and why you are allowed to use these things I gave to you, and punish you if you don't agree. Even when you die you shall be suffering; they shall make afterlifes to you, where they may reward or punish you according to their pleasure. They shall use you in their own battles and even kill you for their sport if they so wish."

Such was humanity's punishment for what they had done: they had used their brains.
---
and how can you all have so dirty imagination?

These were my orders.

3 DP: Expanded an area of forest towards Gillibada's realm.

1 DP: Created the river up until it crosses into the grassy area.

1 DP: Village of 100 people, called Thrick - the one on the river
1 DP: Village of 100 people, called Fornheim - the one in the Northwest.
1 DP: Village of 100 people, called Upsgard- the one in the Northeast

1 DP: I will make the forest bountiful and full of deer and rabbits and birds etc, for my people to hunt.

1 DP: I will then spawn a Winter Hare in the forest, it will wander close to the villages and when it reaches each one, a man will see it and interpret it as a blessing, these men will become my first disipcles and teach the villagers of me. The Hare will tell them that the tribes are welcome to stay and hunt as long as they respect and worship Kol and the pantheon. It tells them of a door at the top of the mountain, that it is the entrance to Kol's realm, and one day, the most faithful will be summoned there, to hunt and feast for eternity in the afterlife. (something that would appeal to my followers.)

With my 1 remaining DP I will create a coven of witch-priestess's who will spread my influence throughout the forest and act as my personal agents.

The forest will be called Greywood Forest. The river will be known to my people as the river of Fenark

Also, I have something of a creation stroy myself. I came from my old empire in a different realm, I was betrayed and I left leaving the whole world to freze. My nonearthly realm is created as almost a mirror image of the Empire while it was frozen over.

That would've worked better back when we had a llama and whatnot. Besides, we already have all the important details, so elaborating it further will probably be redundant.

We still have a Manatee :p

Manatane Votes Cthulhu!

I would tolerate that creation story, but would prefer something more serious.

:lol: perfect creation story :lol: absolutely classic. Puc finds the story much fitting to his duties...

Puc’s Creations:
-Country is called ‘Sesenthual’
-The people that inhabit Sesenthual shall be known as 'Sesenthui'
-The village of humans on the lowlands next to the Forest of Puc shall be called 'Falliol'
-The village of humans on the Highlands next to the Forest of Puc shall be called 'Erias'
-The village of humans on the isle of amathea will be left up to amathea to name ;)
-The Mountains are called the ‘Abs of Puc’ aka ‘The Abs Mountains’
-The Plateau is known as ‘the Highlands’
-The low lying ground of Sesenthual shall be called ‘The Lowlands’
-The Floating island shall be known as ‘The Isle of Amathea’
-The Lake below The Isle of Amathea shall be called ‘The Womb of Amathea’ shortened to ‘The Womb’
-The large number of rivers flowing from the life giving Womb shall be called the ‘Vita Aequora’
-The river flowing from the abs of puc north of the Highlands shall be called the ‘Laserto River’
-The forest on the Highlands shall be called ‘The Hamawoods’
-The Forest on the low lands shall be called 'The Forest of Puc’

I sent you this PM last week, but here it is again just in case:

Spoiler :

name: Gillibaba
description: The god of stone and ore, invention and gadgetry. His only desire is to create ever grander and more elaborate contraptions; whether they serve a meaningful purpose is negligible. His preferred earthly form is that of his favorite creature, a gnome. He will also commonly take the form of a giant golem made of rock and iron.
characteristics:
-
Intervention:
duties: The inspiration of invention, harnessing of the earth, creating great machines.
-
influence:
followers:
heroes:
-
realm: Gillibaba's realm lies far to the north in the frozen wastes of insurmountable mountain peaks. Hidden away among the steep icy slopes is a jewel of a valley, given life by numerous hot springs and geysers that thaw the surrounding lands and a small lake at the center of the valley. It is here that Gillibaba and his beloved gnomes make their home relying on their gadgets to harness their precious heat and living underground for greater insulation and so that they may be closer to their precious ores. Gilibaba himself makes his home in a grand, sparkling cavern far beneath the surface, where he tinkers with supernatural skill.
-
creatures:

name: Gnomes
Spoiler :
description: These energetic and surprisingly durable humanoid stand scarcely 3 feet in height but live natural lives hundreds of years long. They share a love of invention and shiny-stuff with their patron deity, Gillibaba.
cost: [1 DI for a tribe of 100]: they are similar to humans but with greater cunning and constitution.

name: Clockwork Imp
Spoiler :
description: A small flying-monkey like contraption created in the workshop of Gillibaba. He created them to serve as labor for his prized gnomes. They do not suffer any ill effects from the icy northern climate and can perform the menial duties that gnomes would rather not.
cost: 1 DI

name: Rock Golem
Spoiler :

description: This beast is a towering construction of Gillibaba, made in reflection of his own powerful form. It is massively strong and surprisingly dextrous, able to aid Gillibaba's gnomes in their most delicate tasks whilst still able to crush rock and steel at a whim. When left to their own bidding rock golems are fond of create giant piles of rock; tunneling out a home inside and then adorning it with various shiny things.

cost: 5 DI

=================================

I'll start out by creating my realm as described on the very northern edge of the map, half way east-west between the left and middle yellow dots. Call it Gniverfibli.

I would then like to use my gadget-y talents to build an elaborate system of pipes and valves that carry hot water from the springs down into a cave system which I have also dug. There it travels through numerous radiators to heat the caves to a balmy 78 degrees. Also, steam gathered is used to spin various wheels that clang and make noise and otherwise do nothing useful at all.

Lastly, I will create a tribe of 100 Gnomes to inhabit my realm as well as 2 clockwork imps to service them. I will instruct them in the ways of farming fungus in their subterranean habitat and in the proper use and care of their imps.

Order summary:

Create 200 Gnomes
Create 2 Clockwork Imps
Create Gniverfibli and the lands to the south
Create the initial cave homes of the gnomes and the basic machines for harnessing the heat and water from the geothermic vents, piping it to the caves
Educate the gnomes in the use of this geothermic machinery, basic subterranean fungus agriculture, and how to give orders to the clockwork imps.
To the most curious gnome grant immortality and appear before him to educate him about myself
To this gnome also plant in his mind the seeds of invention for basic metalsmithing and tool making

Names

the people living around the mountain are the khazak
the large village is Uda
The others are Thero and Gibr
the town in the lake is called Laketown (yes, i want a tolkein reference)

Teach the people in the villages to farm, and those in laketown to fish

appear to a well respected person in the village, and tell the villagers to pray to me.

zxcvbnm I love Terry Pratchett and I just realised that there should not be a r in my user name oh well.

I sent you this PM awhile ago.

name: Soltalos Lord of the Sun
description: Soltalos is a male God of the Sun. He is kind and he is also a God of Honor and Enlightenment and if no one else wants them Charity and Kindness. He is kind and good-natured but when moved to anger he is terrible to behold. He is a 'good' god but of cause there can be no true definition of good because good is an opinion and thus anything could be good. He is kind to his followers and tries to protect them if he can.
characteristics:
-
Intervention:
duties: Ensuring vows are kept, punishing those who break vows, making Light (as in solar light and wisdom enlightenment) and if no one else wants them making sure there is kindness and charity in the world. Making the Sun rise and set.
-
influence:
followers:
heroes: Thomas (is this allowed, it would make sense. Thomas is my most powerful servant; he is fully sentient and he is the leader of my people. Also he is not a blind puppet if he thinks I am doing something wrong he will disobey me. Mod can decide when I am doing something wrong in his eyes, please model any decisions he makes off Soltalos' and Danouri personalities.)
-
realm: My realm is full of blazing Light both literally and spiritually, it has no definite form. The entrance to my realm is a small star made from my Light which shines in the heart of my temple in my Sylan's village
-
creatures:
name: Danouri
description: Danouri are beings of light. They look like humans but are taller and stronger. They are covered in white fire which is cool to touch unless the Danouri wills otherwise and also they have no hair. They are shards of Soltalos' light which have been given life. They are kind and firm believers in honor. If they are moved to anger Danouri blind their enemies then kill them with a sword or other melee weapon. Danouri can use their use they hands in unarmed combat if their must.
cost: 5 per 1 DI

name: Sylan
description: Sylan are lesser beings of light and they are not made of the Light. They look like humans but they are a bit wiser and stronger. They are my version of humans.
Cost: A tribe of 80 per 1 DI

name: Arch-Danouri
description: These are my most powerful servants. They are over 10ft tall and wield mighty swords. They can destroy and blind people with light. They are as strong as ten Danouri who in turn are as strong as ten men. Danouri and Arch-Danouri can not die of old age and disease while the Sylan can die of old age but they live twice as long as humans. Arch-Danouri are very, very hard to kill completely but they can be banished or lose their corporeal form a bit more easily. Increased cost to show this.
Cost: 1 per 20 DI

name: Garak
description: They are a form of animal found only in my lands (at the moment) . They can speak and tend to teach and tell humans about themselves. By tell I mean more how well they are doing as a species than a real conversation. They look like small cattle.
Cost: A herd of 50 per 1 DI

This is all the stuff I have made.

1. A realm of woods and grassland populated by two herds of Garak. I have a some animals which I would like to suggest for the game ( do I have to make them all).
2. A village of 80 Sylan and 10 Danouri to guard them.

3. A temple/fortress made from diamond with the gateway to my realm in its center. This bestows greater strength, wisdom and intelligence to all in my realm bar my hero Thomas the Wise (he is my most powerful creature at the moment and it would be unfair to make him more powerful). All the Danouri and Arch-Danouri live in this temple)

4. I have expanded my realm

5. I have made a Circlet of Wisdom for Thomas and made him the first ruler of my village

6. I have taught Thomas about agriculture fishing and hunting. I have also taught him how to make bows, arrows, axes and swords.

7. A herd of Garak

8. A herd of Garak

I don't think I have made anything else

@ zxcvbnm Can I make more. I ask because some of the stuff I have made is very powerful eg. my first Arch-Danouri Thomas.

zxcvbnm I love Terry Pratchett and I just realised that there should not be a r in my user name oh well.

I was wondering when you would find out. :p

Top Bottom