Prefered Government Type?

DukEngnr

Chieftain
If I'm correct here, one of the new aspects of PTW is that each civ has a 'prefered' government type... what exactly does that mean? Is this kind of like a watered down WLTKD more or less that increases production slightly?

I think that it applys to the ai programing. Meaning that a civ is more likly to pick that kind of gov than any other.

I always wondered if that was the only impact. I noticed that somehow playing as France (prefer republic) that when I switched from Republic to Democracy my science got worse...

It already exists in Civ 3. You can see various civs' "preferred" and "shunned" governments in the editor. I'm not sure if it affects an AI's "attitude" towards another AI (as we never get to see that), but I am pretty sure that it doesn;t affect an AI civ's own government choice -- they will generally choice the most efficient peace-time or wartime governement, given the circumstances.

What it does do is affect the AI's attitude towards the human player -- while you are in a particular AI civ's "shunned" government, that AI's attitude towards you will be biased negatively; while you are in a particular AI civ's "preferred" government, that AI's attitude towards you will be biased positively.

But governement choice is but one of many factors that seem to affect AI attitudes.

Catt- wow I never knew! Just one more factor that makes the AI Furious at me! Thanks!

Originally posted by Catt
It already exists in Civ 3. You can see various civs' "preferred" and "shunned" governments in the editor. I'm not sure if it affects an AI's "attitude" towards another AI (as we never get to see that), but I am pretty sure that it doesn;t affect an AI civ's own government choice -- they will generally choice the most efficient peace-time or wartime governement, given the circumstances.

What it does do is affect the AI's attitude towards the human player -- while you are in a particular AI civ's "shunned" government, that AI's attitude towards you will be biased negatively; while you are in a particular AI civ's "preferred" government, that AI's attitude towards you will be biased positively.

But governement choice is but one of many factors that seem to affect AI attitudes.

:eek: I always thought preferred and shunned were optional things in the editor, I didn't know every civ had one automatically! Where can I see them; I'm interested to learn what each civ's preferred and shunned govt is!

CG

Look in the editor.

Originally posted by cgannon64

The editor and I don't get along; we've had bad experiences lately. I prefer our contact to be minimal. ;)

CG

For v. 1.29:

Civ Favorite Shunned

Rome Republic Communism

Egypt Despotism Republic

Greece Democracy Despotism

Babylon Monarchy Despotism

Germany Republic Communism

Russia Communism Democracy

China Communism Monarchy

America Democracy Communism

Japan Monarchy Republic

France Republic Monarchy

India Democracy Despotism

Persia Monarchy Republic

Aztecs Despotism Monarchy

Zululand Despotism Republic

Iroquois Communism Monarchy

England Democracy Despotism

I make no statement as to how "right" these selections are, they are just what is shown for each civ in the editor when you load the civ3mod.bic that comes with patch 1.29.

sorry in advance if these show up out of alignment in the foum- they are aligned here in the "Post Reply" screen.

Enjoy. Civ On!

If you use an AI's shunned gov't it may be likely to stay annoyed or furious. If you use a preferred gov't you are more likely to get gracious attitudes.

Code:
Civ                     Favorite                      Shunned

Rome                 Republic                    Communism

Egypt                 Despotism                 Republic

Greece               Democracy                 Despotism

Babylon              Monarchy                  Despotism

Germany             Republic                    Communism

Russia                Communism               Democracy

China                  Communism              Monarchy

America               Democracy                Communism

Japan                  Monarchy                  Republic

France                 Republic                    Monarchy

India                    Democracy                Despotism

Persia                  Monarchy                   Republic

Aztecs                  Despotism                 Monarchy

Zululand               Despotism                 Republic

Iroquois               Communism               Monarchy

England               Democracy                 Despotism
Edit: You should space them out in notepad where each character occupies the same space, so that it doesn't waver like this.

So it make the game more realistic, USA is democracy and hated Commies. LOL

Communism Rocks

I actually find that the shunned and favorite governments dont do much. the AI always seems to be in democracy, even Russia. There should be a more significant difference, but that would probably cause nobody to be Aztecs or Zulu, since they like despotism so much

Ya, AI does seem to be in Democracy alot. I prefer Communism so i loook at the armies
and its like egypt, england, usa, france, greece, aztecs are democracy and iroquois(fav) is communusm

I always find AI in democracy when I am in communism, but I don't mind that much because it makes them that much easier to destroy. I didn't know the favourite and shunned govts affected their attitude towards you though.

Why is the Iroquois fav government communism? First of all, they never lived to that time, and second of all, weren't they a republic? The Seven Nations, right? One of the first Native American republics...strange. I'd think they would be a republic or a monarchy.

CG

Top Bottom