PreSLNES I: Masters of Ethereal

Please don't get rid of Creatures and spells.
Some creatures have changed, some spells have been added.
It is really way easier than having to fish the info in another post, which may be outdated.

seconded.

Um, well, I don't have room on the main page any more. So instead of saying not to do it, please also give me a practical alternative. Posts are limited to a certain size - and I am running out of posts and space. The sections with Creatures and Spells take up the most space, and I find it unnecessary considering that information is located in another place - which by all accounts, should no go dated, and should be updated/maintained by the player.

Once every player develops an additional unit, then another additional unit, then 2 more spells each - well, you see where that is going? It is much more practical to have each player with their own comprehensive post than have it build up the point of bursting (and not being able to even be posted). As it is, there is no room to include all Creatures.

Or, I can make a wiki or Wordpress - but that is just the same as you having to navigate to find it in the player's original post.

actually i am positiv about everyone keeping his "original post" up to date! (it actually would be easy to enforce, either player keep their original info up to date.. or there will be no changes to creatures/spells)..
i think its better to have all the info about a certain player in one place.. rather than having all the info about creatures of various players in one place.

ALSO, if I can get rid of Creatures and Spellbooks Listings, I can add info on Personages and Characters, which are quite important. And I would have more room for the Castles Listing, which will grow.

Yeah, I'm all for keeping such things like spellbooks/creatures in the original posts of players. So long as you link them we should be fine.

Updating "Original Info" posts has the side effect of losing the original info and replacing it with the current info.
When I end up copying all thread posts in order to remember previous turn stats so I can find the evolution of a situation, I think it's pretty painful.
If I want to understand, 2 turns later, what exactly a player replaced with another unit and try to guess not only what he's got but why he thought he could lose what he disbanded, not having the information hurts.

Regarding post sizes, spellbooks can be quoted almost 4 times before running into size issues. Considering you don't wrap quote tags and don't repeat player nation names as often, I think 4 spells per player is the limit for this post.
Regarding Creatures, yes it's an issue. Both are, however, going to be even more of an issue in orders and PMs. Size limit will be quickly reached if one can build 5 units and cast 4 spells and quotes/spoilers all these in orders.
Additionally, Castles are about halfway full too. If there are many more of these, it will be a real problem.

Anyway, when I look for unit information, I have to look into wizard or creature and then castle posts. Plus those extra weird units like my mighty orcish conscripts.

A thing you could do is create a social group in which you create one thread for unit information, in which the only allowed posts are yours, and where you put the info (or where players can post their info once it's been approved).
It's all in one place, but it's a thread instead of a post, so you aren't bothered by size limits. wiki is another solution, but wiki are for collaborative editing, which doesn't make much sense here imo.

hey there,
i know that the races of towns are not that important.. still i think there should be some consistency. point is i found a some inconsistency:
in update 2 it is mentioned that both coastal towns in my south are high men,
in update 3 it is mentioned that the eastern is high elven
in update 5 a coastal town of orcs by the name of kendrick is been raided..and resettled by gnolls..(was that the eastern or the western?)

hey there,
i know that the races of towns are not that important.. still i think there should be some consistency. point is i found a some inconsistency:
in update 2 it is mentioned that both coastal towns in my south are high men,
in update 3 it is mentioned that the eastern is high elven
in update 5 a coastal town of orcs by the name of kendrick is been raided..and resettled by gnolls..(was that the eastern or the western?)

Hey vruchten. I don't think I ever said both towns were High Men, but rather only the one to the far south - I did mention in Update 2 a bunch of High Men villages. Maybe you are confusing villages and towns? The eastern one has always been High Elf, with a few humans (Barbarian/High Men) as well.

The Orcish town of Kendrick is the southernmost town in your kingdom, where the town of High Men once stood. My line of thinking was that the population of High Men had attempted to leave when their protectors Senda fell (remember, the Knights of Senda originally lashed out at you over High Men villages in this area), but a group of semi-sedentary steppe Orcs had interrupted their exit, enslaved a lot of them, and took over their town (that is the story made available to the public; the reality may be different). Even though made available to the public, the fate of Kendrick is largely unknown to you all (what exactly happened isn't known). For example, Gwydion might know the Orcs had interrupted a migration of High Men, but he also knows that the Orcs are not huge fans of the Gnolls. I'm glad at least someone noticed it, though. The reason LDi got a unique unit out of it is because of the special story behind that town, which will be gradually revealed as you all find out about it.

Sorry for the confusion.

I didn't send mine either. Starlife said he was off till end of june, so I'm waiting for him to come back and give a deadline. I am pretty sure I have my orders text stored somewhere, ready to be PM'd, though.

Top Bottom