PREVIEW THREAD: staznesX

I would say that the Madagascar Plan could actually be carried out now that Germany made peace with the British.

Wiki on the Madagascar Plan said:
Although some discussion of this plan had been brought forward from 1938 by other well-known Nazi ideologues, such as Julius Streicher, Hermann Göring, and Joachim von Ribbentrop, it was not until June 1940 that the plan was actually set in motion. Victory in France being imminent, it was clear that all French colonies would soon come under German control, and the Madagascar Plan could become reality. It was also felt that a potential peace treaty with the United Kingdom, which in a few weeks' time was about to experience German aerial bombardment in the Battle of Britain and whom the Germans fully expected to capitulate as quickly as the French, would put the British navy at Germany's disposal for use in the evacuation.

Wiki on the Madagascar Plan said:
The resistance of the United Kingdom during the Battle of Britain, and Germany's failure to achieve a quick victory by September were the ultimate causes of the Plan's collapse. The British fleet would not be at Germany's disposal to be used in evacuations; the war would continue indefinitely. Mention of Madagascar as a "super ghetto" was made once in a while in the ensuing months, but by early December, the Plan was abandoned entirely

I would say that the Madagascar Plan could actually be carried out now that Germany made peace with the British.

Maaaybe. But maybe not. It occurs to me that, as long as Vichy remains nice and loyal, I have most of Africa to mess around with. Yes, you guessed well enough that I could set up Jewish colonies there, but there's probably a thousand and one other awesome social experiments a sufficiently crazy German government could do there. Seriously, the mind boggles. I don't know where to start! :lol:

Maybe not now... but we will definitely have to take this into consideration. ;)

Ok, my plan is to draw up stats for every nation by the end of Sunday. They will by no means be done at that point, as I will then revise them and revise some more, but an outline of every stat will be furnished by the end of Sunday if all goes according to plan ;)

Then are we allowed to reserve for it?

Since I have GDP figures at my disposal now (and much more thanks to North King & Feanor), should I even bother with the trade stat? Could I just let players increase tariffs, etc at their own discretion and keep notes on who has cut trade with whom and dole out the proper consequences in that way?

Oh, and anyone have good numbers or pie charts on where the GDP went? :p Like, what percent went to infrastructure in Italy or somesuch....

How does this upkeep spending look?

The Third Reich of Germany - das
Government: Absolutist (Fascist State)
Fuhrer Adolf Hitler
Population: 130,000,000 (60,000,000 occupied)
Factions: The Army (I: Some, L: Satisfied) The SS (I: Important, L: Unwavering)
Religion: Christian Protestant, Catholicism, Judaism
Economy: Capitalist
Taxes: (Base) 380 Billion; (Domestic Rate) 30%; (Revenue) 114 Billion
Military:
Manpower: 14,000,000
Army: 2,800,000 Infantry(Regulars) 2,500 Tanks(Trained)
Navy: 3 Battleships , 9 cruisers , 60 submarines , 30 destroyers (Regular)
Air Force: 2,200 bombers 2,100 fighters (Trained)
Upkeep: 19 Billion per turn
Domestic Spending:
Infrastructure: Advanced; 12/10 Billion (Invested per turn/Required)
Education: Developed Ideological Brainwashing; 15/10 Billion
Standard of Living: Average; 6/6 Billion
Other Projects:
Budget: 114 Billion - 47 Billion = 67 Billion
Technology: Early Modern Age; Advanced in the aeronautical fields and in most military fields.

Upkeep Table:

Army- 1 Billion per 500,000 infantry of any variety, 1 Billion per 500 tanks of any variety
Navy- 1 Billion per 2 Carriers, 1 Billion per 4 Battleships, 1 Billion per 20 cruisers, 1 Billion per 30 submarines, 1 Billion per 30 destroyers,
Air Force- 1 Billion per 1,000 fighters of any variety, 1 Billion per 1,000 bombers of any variety

Good, but I think it should be 1 per 1000 Tanks. Makes life easier, and also, if one ep is 1 billion dollars, it makes sense.

Yea, crazy eyes lolz, now give me a better figure :p I drew these up after getting some random shred of information that Germany spent 12 billion a year on military upkeep, so I based it off of that, which obviously will lead to mistakes.

It seems pretty damn obvious that a bomber takes more people, money, and time to maintain than a fighter. :p Halve it, quarter it, whatever, it just shouldn't be the same number.

Point taken, fighters price halved :p

About the pricing, I don't know if I am biased because of prolonged exposure to the game Hearts of Iron, but I think the amount of submarines and destroyers per billion should be set at a greater ratio, at least 2:1 for cruisers. I also wonder if some kind of other vehicle except tanks would be appropriate (troop carriers? self propelled artillery? general 'mechanised' units?).

I also second the notion that bombers could be 4x or 20x as expensive to build as a single fighter. Perhaps a class of medium bombers/dive bombers (versatile but mainly for close air support) could be fitted in, with expensive long-range heavy bombers reserved for the city destroying/nuke carrying work?

This is not criticism, just idea/opinion sharing, because I care about this :)

Even if it was criticism, as long as it helps me out I don't care :p

My plan was to use HOI1 stats to decide how to segregate generic groups of units (like, bombers), into their more specific subclasses (like, tactical, naval, etc.). The HOI1 stats do not show pure numbers, but they do show at least how the countries divided their forces.

I think I'll do that before my final upkeep table is completed. Also, carriers have been added.

Showing interest in this. Hopefully when the time comes I can take Finland before anyone else. :p

About the pricing, I don't know if I am biased because of prolonged exposure to the game Hearts of Iron, but I think the amount of submarines and destroyers per billion should be set at a greater ratio, at least 2:1 for cruisers. I also wonder if some kind of other vehicle except tanks would be appropriate (troop carriers? self propelled artillery? general 'mechanised' units?).

I also second the notion that bombers could be 4x or 20x as expensive to build as a single fighter. Perhaps a class of medium bombers/dive bombers (versatile but mainly for close air support) could be fitted in, with expensive long-range heavy bombers reserved for the city destroying/nuke carrying work?

This is not criticism, just idea/opinion sharing, because I care about this :)

I agree, I think you should add those armored Trucks/convoys. Tanks were just beginnig at that time period, they had experimented with trucks and cars and perfected/made the design for the tanks.

I agree, I think you should add those armored Trucks/convoys. Tanks were just beginnig at that time period, they had experimented with trucks and cars and perfected/made the design for the tanks.

Actually, the tank (or WC, as it was supposed to be called) was around since about 1916 or so.

Top Bottom