PREVIEW THREAD: staznesX

I agree on changing the map.

As for military organization, each nation should have a completely customized setup, rooted in historical data, that is established as that nation's military command structure after the NES starts. I believe that armies (as in, groups of divisions in a specific operating theater) should be kept track of too.

Also, confirming my interest in the KMT.

Time increments, update per season. Name...staznesX: No comment. :p

I wish to express my interest in this :)

Although, I am troubled that the UK would so easily agree to demilitarise Gibraltar and allow the Reich to keep control of Norway. And wouldn't those former German colonies be in dissarray after the sudden removal of the British colonial machinery which had ruled them for twenty years? And wouldn't somebody in congo keep fighting for the Belgian cause? I also think that puppet france would have most of its territory returned except Alsace-Lorraine and all that.

The additional benefits of this are that these posts could be linked to on the main page, forming a sort of intelligence reference (thus sparing the mod questions) and allowing for criticism of people who fail to bother updating them.

I think there would have to be penalties for players who do not keep their military data updated, perhaps with a grace period of one update in lag at the most. Beyond this, they could incur organizational penalties due to "bureaucratic inefficiencies" or something. I like the idea though.

I wish to express my interest in this :)

Although, I am troubled that the UK would so easily agree to demilitarise Gibraltar and allow the Reich to keep control of Norway. And wouldn't those former German colonies be in dissarray after the sudden removal of the British colonial machinery which had ruled them for twenty years? And wouldn't somebody in congo keep fighting for the Belgian cause? I also think that puppet france would have most of its territory returned except Alsace-Lorraine and all that.

1. Halifax is a weak surrender monkey, don't let it eat at you ;)

2. Yes, makes things fun for the German player in Africa I do think :D

3. Perhaps, but I need to read up more on the Free Belgian movement. If it was as intertwined with British assistance as the other Free movements were, it will likely suffer the same consequences without British support (only the Free Dutch have benefited, the British are pumping plenty into propping them up).

4. Perhaps, but that is for the German player to decide and it's quite too soon just a few months after victory to have decided that. Like I said before, thats one of the regions that the Nazi ideology and foreign policy can let them part with.

1. Halifax is a weak surrender monkey, don't let it eat at you ;)

2. Yes, makes things fun for the German player in Africa I do think :D

3. Perhaps, but I need to read up more on the Free Belgian movement. If it was as intertwined with British assistance as the other Free movements were, it will likely suffer the same consequences without British support (only the Free Dutch have benefited, the British are pumping plenty into propping them up).

4. Perhaps, but that is for the German player to decide and it's quite too soon just a few months after victory to have decided that. Like I said before, thats one of the regions that the Nazi ideology and foreign policy can let them part with.

*points at self, the German player* :D

Although I might disagree on some points pointed out earlier, I think my ideas on this count are best left for the game itself.

With regards to Africa (and elsewhere), though: what is the status of the colonies of the defeated countries that weren't German pre-war? I think it may be best to leave those - Congo included - under the control of local colonial administrators, with their status undecided until hammered out by Germany, Britain and possibly some others.

Also, I don't see why would Germany gain Kenya and Uganda. ;)

With regards to Africa (and elsewhere), though: what is the status of the colonies of the defeated countries that weren't German pre-war? I think it may be best to leave those - Congo included - under the control of local colonial administrators, with their status undecided until hammered out by Germany, Britain and possibly some others.

Also, I don't see why would Germany gain Kenya and Uganda. ;)

Perhaps that would be best, to leave it to the previous colonial administrators, but I might leave it under some kind of "neutral" color until it's fate is decided.

The timeline mentioned the Germans receiving the colonies it had at the beginning of WW1 but I might have just had a brain freeze thinking it was Kenya & Uganda :p

I hardly see how Italy is any more reasonable though, Dis :lol:

Ok, it appears that I need some of the following that I know some of you resourceful types can find.

1. GDP's (in modern dollars or 1940-era dollars) of all nations.
2. Factions of some of the more obscure nations (I can't quite pin down all of the factions in Ecuador quite yet :p )
3. Trade information such as important trading partners and even tariff rates if they can be found, otherwise much guesstimentating will be done.

If you guys have anything else statistical wise, throw it my way :)

Perhaps that would be best, to leave it to the previous colonial administrators, but I might leave it under some kind of "neutral" color until it's fate is decided.

The timeline mentioned the Germans receiving the colonies it had at the beginning of WW1 but I might have just had a brain freeze thinking it was Kenya & Uganda :p

I hardly see how Italy is any more reasonable though, Dis :lol:

I'm sorry its just like the US conceding Hawai'i to the North Koreans after the stopping of the Korea war.

Plus no matter how much of spineless twit you have Halifax being, any surrender would have to be ratified by the Commons and Lords...and no way are they going to let anything like the above situation pass...

The Third Reich of Germany - das
Government: Absolutist
Fuhrer Adolf Hitler (Megalomaniacal, Ideologist, )
Population: 130,000,000 (60,000,000 occupied)
Factions: [The Army (I: Some, L: Satisfied) The SS (I: Important, L: Unwavering) ]
Religion: [Christian Protestant, Catholicism, Judaism]
Economy: Capitalist
Taxes: (Base) 380 Billion; (Domestic Rate) 30%; (Revenue) 114 Billion
Trade: (Amount) 100 Billion ; (Tariff) 50%; (Revenue) 50 Billion
Military:
14,000,000; 2,800,000 Infantry(Regulars) 2,500 Tanks(Trained) ; 3 Battleships, 9 cruisers, 59 submarines, 22 destroyers, 12 transports (Regular); 2,200 bombers 2,100 fighters (Trained); 12 Billion per turn
Domestic Spending:
Infrastructure: Advanced; 12/10 Billion (Invested per turn/Required)
Education: Advanced; 12/10 Billion
Standard of Living: Average; 6/6 Billion
Other Projects:
Budget: 164 Billion - 40 Billion = 120 Billion
Technology: Early Modern Age; Advanced in the aeronautical fields and in most military fields.

Obviously I have to figure a table of what costs what and so forth, but please, poke as many holes into this as possible :D

Trade especially is really sketchy for me to really figure out right now :p

Be more specific than "most military fields."

Also, I think you should be consistent with the person description (all nouns or all adjectives; e.g. Megalomaniac, Ideologist or Megalomaniacal, Ideological.), but I'm just being nitpicky.

He was ideologically driven...he was an ideologist, not so much a pragmatist or a realist :p

I think the attributes are superfluous actually, I might get rid of them, but I will defend my inconsistency to the last adjective!

Fuhrer Adolf Hitler (Megalomaniacal, Ideologist, )

Isn't he dead? :p

(Also, does Judaism count as a religion in Germany if its practitioners are being excluded and separated from society?)

i would be interested, if Dis turns down Britain, i'll take it if you are fine with that. Not going to make a reservation, just point out that I am interested.

(Also, does Judaism count as a religion in Germany if its practitioners are being excluded and separated from society?)

Also, dead? :p Even with Hitler dead, is it that much of a stretch to assume the Germans would start using their now free resources to finally solve the "Jewish Question?". The slavs of Poland, Russia, and Ukraine are the new forced laborers/slaves.

Goering might have an alternative solution, though. He finds it hilarious, personally, but isn't sharing yet. He is sure some of you either have already guessed it, or will guess it very soon. ;)

EDIT: Also, "Slavs of Russia and Ukraine" are sadly not yet available. Come back later. :p

No, no they are not sp.

das, you win this round :p I meant Goering.

If it was Himmler, he would no doubt continue solving that age old Jewish Question, but Goering might not be as gung ho.

Top Bottom