Prince Philip, and DMX, died today

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/09/uk/prince-philip-dies-gbr-intl/index.html

London (CNN)Prince Philip, the lifelong companion of Queen Elizabeth II and the longest-serving consort in British history, died at the age of 99 on Friday.

In a statement, Buckingham Palace said: "It is with deep sorrow that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh. His Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle. Further announcements will be made in due course. The Royal Family join with people around the world in mourning his loss.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/rapper-actor-dmx-gruff-delivery-dead-50-76976025

NEW YORK -- DMX, the raspy-voiced hip-hop artist who produced the songs “Ruff Ryders’ Anthem” and “Party Up (Up in Here)" and who rapped with a trademark delivery that was often paired with growls, barks and “What!” as an ad-lib, has died, according to a statement Friday from his family. He was 50.

The Grammy-nominated performer died after suffering “catastrophic cardiac arrest,” according to a statement from the hospital in White Plains, New York, where he died. He was rushed there from his home April 2.

One more important than the other one, I guess.
I've listened to DMX recently a lot, I like music.
There are various concerns regarding the funeral for Prince Philip, and the coronavirus, guess that'll be a bit problematic.

Anyways, discuss.

99 is a ripe old age. Time for him to go. I'm sure the Queen is sad.

99, cut down in the prime of his youth, why must they be taken so young?

Kind of crazy to think how much one can see in 99 years, how much the world changes.
DMX being 50 is a trip too. I was sad to hear he passed. RIP.

Kind of crazy to think how much one can see in 99 years, how much the world changes.
My mother was born in 1918 and died in 2018. She was clear headed until the end.
Born in Chicago 1918
Recovered from Spanish flu
Roaring '20s
1930s Great Depression (radio as mass communications)
College in Virginia; grad school in Boston
1940s WW 2 (married in 1942, husband, brother, father in the War)
Korean War (brother in this war)
1950s Civil rights (TVs for sale)
Frank Sinatra, Elvis
Kennedy Assassination
Beatles, etc.
Vietnam War
Raised 4 children (born in the 40s)
Husband died in 1972
Remarried in 1980
Visited every continent except Antarctica
Reagan, Clinton, 9-11
Heart surgery at 80 years old
Never mastered using a computer or cell phone
Enjoyed seeing pictures on her iPad
Died at home in Baltimore at 100
Lived in the same house 1955-2018

She experienced all the major events of the 20th c except WW1. She even met the Shah of Iran while he was Shah.

Last edited:
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/09/uk/prince-philip-dies-gbr-intl/index.html

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/rapper-actor-dmx-gruff-delivery-dead-50-76976025

One more important than the other one, I guess.
I've listened to DMX recently a lot, I like music.
There are various concerns regarding the funeral for Prince Philip, and the coronavirus, guess that'll be a bit problematic.

Anyways, discuss.
You couldn't have granted each their own thread? Any more dead people to toss in here? :huh:

Photo of a young prince Philip, from some local article:

upload_2021-4-10_6-20-22.png

Indeed. At the time of the Queen’s coronation, she and Philip could go on a cruise.

"We docked at Malta, Cyprus, Aden, Mombasa, and Zanzibar, then we took a road trip to Livingstone and Salisbury. After that, we went off to Singapore and then Belize City and Kingston."
"Wow! How many countries did you visit?"
"Oh this was a domestic trip."

Indeed. At the time of the Queen’s coronation, she and Philip could go on a cruise.

"We docked at Malta, Cyprus, Aden, Mombasa, and Zanzibar, then we took a road trip to Livingstone and Salisbury. After that, we went off to Singapore and then Belize City and Kingston."
"Wow! How many countries did you visit?"
"Oh this was a domestic trip."
And yet they were held up as these defenders of the nation even though the empire disintegrated on their watch. (that's not a defense of said empire)

To be fair, the Empire was finished by the point they got in so....

Kind of...but the unraveling took a good 30 years to finish playing out after they got in.

Could they have realistically changed course at any point? Probably not.

Last edited:
at her Coronation or so they went on a cruise on a battleship ! Much the same places , ı guess .

You couldn't have granted each their own thread? Any more dead people to toss in here? :huh:

Well you know how it is.

Having a thread here dedicated to the death of one old white person would be politically incorrect, a sign of unacceptable white supremacy etc.

So adding in the death of a black person demonstrates purity in sensitivity to racial things, no doubt earns brownie points with the woke folk.

And perhaps there was a shortage of famous transgendered people who died on the same day.

Well you know how it is.

Having a thread here dedicated to the death of one old white person would be politically incorrect, a sign of unacceptable white supremacy etc.

So adding in the death of a black person demonstrates purity in sensitivity to racial things, no doubt earns brownie points with the woke folk.

And perhaps there was a shortage of famous transgendered people who died on the same day.
I have no idea who this DMX person was, but would not have objected to a separate thread.

I get that the Queen's consort means zip to most of the people here, but there are some instances where it's not respectful to just toss everyone into the same thread.

I have no idea who this DMX person was, but would not have objected to a separate thread.

I get that the Queen's consort means zip to most of the people here, but there are some instances where it's not respectful to just toss everyone into the same thread.

Yeah putting that walking corpse in the same thread as my man is definitely disrespectful to DMX

Last edited:
Yeah putting that walking corpse in the same thread as my man is definitely disrespectful to DMX
Should all those over 95 wear a "walking corpse" name tag? Perhaps we should just shut them down at 95 and save many millions of wasted healthcare dollars? They are better off dead right? We are all better off with them dead, right? :p

Should all those over 95 wear a "walking corpse" name tag? Perhaps we should just shut them down at 95 and save many millions of wasted healthcare dollars? They are better off dead right? We are all better off with them dead, right? :p

Nah, I'm cool with old people, but you can't deny Phillip had a...particularly sepulchural air about him

Top Bottom