Privateer bug

tour86rocker

Warlord
I entered an Indian settlement with a Privateer and now I can't get out. The settlement is entirely surrounded with another colonial power's influence and it says that I risk declaring war if I leave the settlement.

Privateers are supposed to be exempt from minding boundaries, right? I'm not sure if the English influence was surrounding the settlement when I entered, but this bug has my privateer stuck!

I was rooting for this indian settlement, but perhaps now I'll be hoping that the English will raze the settlement, so that my privateer can pop out of their zone.

I was rooting for this indian settlement, but perhaps now I'll be hoping that the English will raze the settlement, so that my privateer can pop out of their zone.
Do the english not destroy any ships they may catch in port?

If I remember correctly, the origin of this bug is that since a Privateer is an enemy towards everything, to enter the port of a faction you have open borders with requires the game to either make it not an enemy or reveal the identity (internally, and I forget which), so when you go to move out of the port into English territory, you're no longer an enemy, which is why you're getting asked if you want to declare war.

This bug exists in Civ4:BtS too, but there's not really an easy way to fix it. Try right-clicking on a tile outside of English influence (IIRC this works in Civ4:BtS to avoid the bug).

Top Bottom