Problem with pitboss

Leaz

Chieftain
Hi everybody, i'm new here, and i got a problem on my pitboss.

I try to find an answer in all thread in this forum but it's very big and i didn't see nothing about my problem and i'm french so reading english is a little complicated.

BUT, here's my problem :
when i try to create a pitboss game, the last window where you can save the game and do admin things already crash (windows said "don't answer). Do you have any idea of the problem ?

I try to open port, cause i'm behind a router but nothing change and i'm out of answer now :(

If anyone have an idea or if the problem is know, i thank you for the answer or the link.

Welcome to civfanatics Leaz. :goodjob: :band:

Doesn't sound like any problem I've seen mentioned here, unfortunately. Things I'd try here...
  • Does this happen every time, even when creating a new pitboss game from scratch?
  • Do you have vanilla, warlords and / or BtS? Does it happen with all three?
  • Do you get the same behavior with / without mods?
  • What about starting from a WB save? Or a save file created from (for example) a hotseat or IP LAN game? (Just need to make a note of the admin password).
  • Have you tried re-installing civ?
  • Do you have a different PC you can try it on? (Note you don't need any special graphics capabilities for the pitboss app).
Good luck!

Cheers,
Munro

Thank you for the answer and for your Rock'n'roll welcome :lol::goodjob:

So i play with BtS, but i try with vanilla version, it's the same problem :confused:
I have tried to re-install, load a save, etc. but pitboss always crash.

But, i'm dumm, my girlfriend got an other pc, maybe i can try to run pitboss here ? But, her computer is clearly not as good for the game, is it possible to just install pitboss or the game may be install ? even if the game work or not, can i just install it and launch pitboss to play with other computer ?

Must i install the game to run pitboss or he can work in stand alone ?

Must i install the game to run pitboss or he can work in stand alone ?

You need more than just the pitboss app. Probably easiest just to install the whole game. You can delete some of the files afterwards though if you need to free up disk space (like the main game .exe and I would guess some of the graphics data too though I haven't tried that..)

Top Bottom