Procylon's Call to Power Project

Something that I forgot to add to the Game Report:
Can you revert the yield icons for cuture to the 1-2-3-4-5-10,etc system from the 5-10, etc? I don't think any improvement to culture adds more than 10, with the most often culture boost being only 2. It would look better that way.

Also, does anyone feel that the jungle science is high with university? I usually clear out jungles for farms/mines, but I might have to start putting down some lumbermills and keep them. The way I see it, science is the most important yield, followed by food, production, culture, and then gold. The +5 science with university is a big bonus in Renaissance; it only starts losing effectiveness late Modern.

I've noticed that I cannot start a game on the "Earth" map type since it crashes.

To this I want to add another (very) severe bug: I've started another game, this time on the following setup:
Terra map,8 players, 16 city-states. Strategic balanced resources. Override start positions. And Normal size map.

The problem is that resulted in a map stripped of any kind of resource. There are no strategic resources, no luxurious nor anything, just a normal map without anything special.
Please, could somebody address this?, thanks.

To this I want to add another (very) severe bug: I've started another game, this time on the following setup:
Terra map,8 players, 16 city-states. Strategic balanced resources. Override start positions. And Normal size map.

The problem is that resulted in a map stripped of any kind of resource. There are no strategic resources, no luxurious nor anything, just a normal map without anything special.
Please, could somebody address this?, thanks.

V9 has only strategic resources, this causes some kind of bugs with other maps or scenarios. I think their where some problems with the earthmap (not tried but was discussed in op).So i guess you will have to wait until the problems are gone. Did you tried other maps like continents, and when yes have you the same problems?

Just got back from some cleanup. Cars in trees, giant boats on land, buildings filled with mud and debris everywhere.

I didn't quite expect to see that much damage this far north(200 miles north of Sendai). This area got hit by a 9-12 foot tsunami, but it kind of sounds small at first(coming from someone who grew up landlocked).

They didn't have houses floating away around here, but the water damage is about the same as Katrina was out to 500 meters from the coast.

yes each hour it's more and more bad news......

take care!!!!!

now this nuclear warning is very very very important!!! if possible for you ... go far far far away of it!!!

yes each hour it's more and more bad news......

take care!!!!!

now this nuclear warning is very very very important!!! if possible for you ... go far far far away of it!!!

I remember chernobyl, i was a child and more than 1500 km away, but this was near enough. Since the news telling us everything went wrong, keep you health up.
:( I really wish i could help anyway but their is no way to help.

Another little bug: iron mine on flatlands only give 10 production (same as regular mine on hills). I don't know how the improvement works on hills. I think it should be +25 production either way.

V9 has only strategic resources, this causes some kind of bugs with other maps or scenarios. I think their where some problems with the earthmap (not tried but was discussed in op).So i guess you will have to wait until the problems are gone. Did you tried other maps like continents, and when yes have you the same problems?

No, just with Terra I've had that problem, I guess that others non-conventional maps might have problems too.
The game just crashes if I try to play with Earth map.

Just got back from some cleanup.

Hi,

I send you the new package of all DDS icons and XML files.
Here the zip file : Icons_CtP.zip

Log :
- I've structured the zip with your directories,
- I commented the code of all XML files,
- I improved icons (Building, Tech, Unit, Resource),
- I made ​​more visible icons of monopoly buildings (Stars),
- I added the icons of branch policies,
- I've structured the DDS files to get the future policy icons,
- I started doing 10/150 policy icons.

Problems :
I have made resource & unit icons and XML files for the strategic view. Log files show no errors and icons are not displayed in this view.
I'm looking how to solve this problem.
Remark : This means that I could send you on strategic view doesn't work.

In the short time :
- Finish the policy icons,
- Solving the problem of resource & unit icons displayed in Strategic View,
- Continue to translate texts in French.

;)

Thanks for the cool:goodjob: work you are doing feuteupool.
Maybe i will try do make a german translation like you for frensh.

I downloaded the V9 CTP, March 9 version, and started playing. I began to play as the French and when my first policy choice came nothing was unlocked, this is on turn 17, so I couldn't continue the game as the 'adopt policy' button seems unskipable. (Or maybe I am just dense and posting this because I didn't try enough) Looking at the xml files it looks like Monarchy at least should have been unlocked since its prereq. era is ancient and does not appear to have any research reqs.

Is there something I missed or is this an actual bug?

I'm playing on a large map, pangaea, baseline settings for advanced setup and number of AIs. King difficulty, epic speed.

Edit: Sidenote: By turn 10 I had 2-3 messages saying another player had reached the classical age. Again not sure if its a bug or what but thought it was worth noting.

I downloaded the V9 CTP, March 9 version, and started playing. I began to play as the French and when my first policy choice came nothing was unlocked, this is on turn 17, so I couldn't continue the game as the 'adopt policy' button seems unskipable. (Or maybe I am just dense and posting this because I didn't try enough) Looking at the xml files it looks like Monarchy at least should have been unlocked since its prereq. era is ancient and does not appear to have any research reqs.

Is there something I missed or is this an actual bug?

I'm playing on a large map, pangaea, baseline settings for advanced setup and number of AIs. King difficulty, epic speed.

Edit: Sidenote: By turn 10 I had 2-3 messages saying another player had reached the classical age. Again not sure if its a bug or what but thought it was worth noting.

I don't know much about the policies beings locked; as you said, Monarchy should be available from the start. Maybe you have another version of CtP installed. If so, delete it/them, and then reinstall this version. For the AI hitting Classical early, I believe it is due to the ancient ruins. The higher the difficulty you play at, the more starting units the AI gets, including scouts. When I play with ruins, AI hit Classical between turns 5-10. Withougt the ruins, the earliest I have seen is turn 26.

I don't know much about the policies beings locked; as you said, Monarchy should be available from the start. Maybe you have another version of CtP installed. If so, delete it/them, and then reinstall this version. For the AI hitting Classical early, I believe it is due to the ancient ruins. The higher the difficulty you play at, the more starting units the AI gets, including scouts. When I play with ruins, AI hit Classical between turns 5-10. Withougt the ruins, the earliest I have seen is turn 26.

I deleted and reinstalled it, it works. This isn't a bug, on the first install I left out two of the policy related files (didn't extract into a folder so I had to manually move them into one). Now I can actually test the mod.

The nuclear reactors are warning level 4-5, Chernobyl is level 7, it's not that do dangerous right now, but it's still a threat until it's down to level 2-3. Other then that, yeah japan is like right now from what I'm hearing, a volcano gone off, nuclear reactors not cooling down, Tsunami and earthquake destroyed a whole lot of buildings and stuff.

Cheshiremythos: In advanced settings when starting a game there is an 'allow policy saving' option. That will go back to how it used to allow you to end turn eventhough you have enough culture to enact a new policy.

Decimatus i really hope you got save, i am on the outher side of earth but i am still there.
We should all stand together, but this does not work.

This mod looked very promising to me and I downloaded it (v8) a couple of days ago.
Everything was well and enjoyed the game untill I've been requested to chose a great personn. The question may look silly but how can I do this? I trust I have tried any action available.
I have other mods (different wonders as well as Immigration v2, Random Events V7 and Great People info v3).

This mod looked very promising to me and I downloaded it (v8) a couple of days ago.
Everything was well and enjoyed the game untill I've been requested to chose a great personn. The question may look silly but how can I do this? I trust I have tried any action available.
I have other mods (different wonders as well as Immigration v2, Random Events V7 and Great People info v3).

So i guess the other mods you are running cause this kind of bug. V8 works great but have some troubles with mods who changes the lua files. I am not sure but try a game without random event this should be work . I played V8 with immigration, and i decide to turn off great people info after this causes ctd for me.;)

Or maybe the last patch messed up the coding for V8. Try V9; I think a lot of people like this version more than the others, and the amount of new content is impressive

Thank you for your answers.
I have erased Random Events from the Mods folder and started a new game. As I met again the same problem I went to V9.
The game seems so much richer that I have to admit I am puzzled with the new Policy system and the new tech trees. I guess I will have to practice...
It seems I don't get happiness from exploited dye and silk tiles. I see I can get some (+1) from them with buildigs. Is that it all ?

Top Bottom