PTBS - Warlords of the High Sea

Game status: Game running.

Warlords of the High Sea

Settings:

• Map: Huge - Tiny Islands - Torus
  • Speed: Quick
  • Victory: all except Time
  • Turn Timer: 20 Hours (ends up being about 24)
  • MOD: Warlords Expansion
  • Host style: PTBS
  • Accelerated start: no
  • Trade Techs: no

Rules:

1. Players must have the Warlords expansion and a computer that will not bog down on a Huge map. (Make sure you test this. I don't want to get into the modern age, and have people drop out because their computer can't load the map anymore.)
  2. Turn notifications will be handled thru civstats. Players must have a civstats account to recieve turn notifications. (Thanks to OverloadUT for civstats)
  3. Players may choose any leader, even if that leader or civ has already been chosen. (if everyone wants to be Ragnar, then We'll have 12 different-colored Ragnar's). If more than one player chooses the same civilization, all are required to create a custom name for their civ.
  4. This thread will be used for non-private diplomatic discussions after the game has started. Private discussions can be handled via Civstats PM system, since everyone is required to have a civstats account, but not everyone will be checking their CivFan PMs.
  5. No double turns during (or just before) war-time. If you are at war with another civ, then you must wait a reasonable amount of time (atleast 8 hours) for them to take their turn before you move the related military units again.
  6. Players are required to notify me if they plan to be gone for a period of more than five full turns.
  7. If players are to be gone for longer than five turns, they must find a temporary human replacement. Players are not required to let the other players in the game know about these arrangments, as long as they last less than two weeks.
  8. I reserve the right to remove troublesome players from the game permanently.

to sign up as an alternate: Post here with your e-mail address (nameatdomaindotext)

Players:

1. CB Droege (cbatnexliadotcom) - Mehmed II
  2. Crazy Joe (lloydjeatemaildotucdotedu) - Ragnar
  3. Colgere (benbastinathotmaildotcom) - Louis XIV
  4. HitAnyKey (hitanykeyatgmaildotcom) - Ragnar
  5. Conquistador45 (PM) - Issabella
  6. agemo (nerullatmail2usadotcom) - Ragnar
  7. Johnhs (PM) - Hannibal
  8. JMaltman (jamiedotmaltmanatgmaildotcom) - Hannibal
  9. Maquis (maquisatcharterdotnet) - undecided
  10. Fosse (kylebenandersonatgmaildotcom) - Elizabeth
  11. Niamor (niamor66atgmaildotcom) - Augustus
  12. Portuga (nfreireatgmaildotcom ) - Rameses III

Alternates:
  • swiss1 (swissoneatfrontiernetdotnet)
  • Vilemerchant (vilemerchantatgmaildotcom)

Will there be an accelerated start? If so, I'd be able to play only if it's on a weekend or late evening (EDT) because of classes and work. Otherwise I'm in. Spain again for me.

I'm also only available on weekends or late evening EDT because of work (and volleyball) if there is to be an accelerated start. Though with the wide range of timezones that usually sign up with this number of players, I personally don't see an accelerated start as possible unless the players are close enough in timezone.

I would like to join, give my the Vikings please.
Email: nerull@mail2usa.com
Timezone: PST (GMT-8)
Availability: I can only attend power sessions(if there were any) late nights and early saturday morning... otherwise I play during early morning and late night...

Well, turns out I'm going to want Ragnar as well. It's possible I might change my mind, but for now put me down for the Vikings....who will become the Lunatics of The Asylum once the game starts.

EDIT: It's highly probable I'm going to change my decision to Korea. But since you're allowing duplicates in this game I don't need to make my final decision until we get closer to the start of the game.

I'm in - cole_pad at yahoo dot co dot uk. Solemn promise not to run away if I lose a city or two. Which is quite likely.

Hannibal please, or Elizabeth as a second choice.

Given that we'll all be isolated for several hundred years, I would be in favour of at least one accelerated session on a weekend at some point (not necessarily the beginning). However, I've noted that there is none planned.

I've been looking to get in on a PitBoss game, but haven't been able to make a start work yet. This one is obviously a flexible start. I'll be a nighttime or morning player, other than weekends when I could be all over the place, wife permitting. ;)

JMaltman
Hannibal of Carthage
jamie dawt maltman aht gmail dawt com
Eastern Time GMT-5 (Toronto, Canada)

And since I just saw the post above me, if I'm a 2nd Carthage, call me the Phoenicians instead. :D

I've also been looking for a Pitboss to start.

Please sign me up: maquis at charter dot net

Civ: undecided.

I thought you'd already have my email from the other game. It's xerol3@yahoo.com. (And no, I don't give a crap about spambots because it's already drenched in so much spam, that yahoo actually sent me a service email about it.) This is my account after going through my inbox on a typical day:

HitAnyKey said:
So....is it Xerol3 because you've already been through Xerol1 & Xerol2 after having to dump those due to the overages of spam? :D

xerol and xerol1 were already unavailable when I signed up. xerol2 got deleted due to inactivity (RIP 1997-2000). xerol4 and xerol5 I signed up for extra geocities space before I got my own webspace.

I was talking to another player who won't be back until later today to give his details, but would like to join as well.

Xerol said:
I thought you'd already have my email from the other game. It's xerol3@yahoo.com. (And no, I don't give a crap about spambots because it's already drenched in so much spam, that yahoo actually sent me a service email about it.) This is my account after going through my inbox on a typical day:

Sorry :( While HAK's E-mail address was easy to remember off the top of my head, I didn't have yours right off when I was modifying the post (as I was on my way out the door for work). I was planning to look it up later, but now I guess I've got it. :)

Another Also:

Tonight at about 11pm EST, I'm goiung to create a test PTBS server. It will be a 12-player game with random civs. Over the following 24 hrs, I'd like everyone who has signed up to connect and claim a player under their CF username. It doesn't matter which one. This is just to ensure that you can connect to my server before the game begins. I don't anticipate any issues, but I'd rather not be suprised after the real game starts.

I'll post tonight with the IP addy of the test server.

HitAnyKey said:
Btw, I'd suggest you email or PM everyone with the IP. Don't post it here. :D

I second that server-saving idea. :nod:

Top Bottom