PTW does not load

BretP

The Lightbringer
I cannot load PTW. When I double click the icon a spinning CD appears for a while and then it goes away. The game does not load unless my virusscan is scanning. I cannot figure this problem out. It is really annoying. Civ3 runs fine, it is just the expansion that is messed up. I have AMD anthalon K62 processor and 475Mhz. I am running windows 98. If you can help, please email me at Bprax@aol.com. Thanks for your help.

I installed AOL 8 and now it works fine. Weird.:D

I have the same problem. My CD is not copied, I just bought the game recently. Any ideas what could have fixed it?

I've got the same problem. The weird thing is I've had ptw running before. The Civilization3X process is still in the processes tab but not in the applications tab.

Me too.

Civ3 with latest patch works fine. Just bought and installed PTW today. I upgraded my video driver and directx.

When started PTW spins the CD and then nothing. The Civilization3X process remains running with 99% CPU.

Running Win2K and Nvidia TNT video.

I have the same problem. The CD spins, but it doesn't load. Instead of just clicking on the start-up screen icon, I sometimes restart my computer, or go into the "progam" and click on it there, and sometimes it starts, but this is very frustrating!

Hi people--my first time here. I am having the same problem with PTW, but it is intermittent. CD spins onscreen then it drops out and nothing more. However, I'm finding that if I try a second time, the game takes, albeit after some (annoying) delay. I spoke with Infogrames support about 3 weeks back and they weren't sure what was up--they needed more time to develop a database they said. I'm going to check the fixes suggested at the ina-support link given in an earlier message and will report back.

I am having the same exact problem with PTW. PTW installed properly. However, when I try to play I get one of two things: Nothing, or the PTW dialog box. When I get the PTW box and I click "Play Civ 3: PTW" nothing happens but the brief (fraction of a second) spinning disc icon. I even downloaded the patch. What is the deal?

Reporting back, I did not find any of the suggestions recommended at the site referred to in an earlier post helpful for this problem. My system (running Windows 98 SE) didn't have the items installed that the support site indicated might cause a problem. I did find that I could not load the game at all with the V1.14 patch installed. When it was installed, I stopped being able to load the game, but when I uninstalled it I could load the game after 2-3 tries. The patch may be a problem.

Top Bottom