• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Putin: "Britain is no longer a colonial power"

Turned out okay until the British left, you mean? Yes, I thought so.

Yes that's right. We had secret camps all over the world where we sent millions of people to mine precious minerals. Where else do you think the crown jewels came from?
These death camps were so secret that no-one's found them yet. There are at least a million skeletons in every colony, brutally mudered because although they didn't cause a fuss or try to kill us, we thought that they might not be enamoured with our system of rule.

You must have a very strange definition of inhumane, or else be making some point about how the Russians weren't imperialists.
No, you just kept semi-feudel systems enforced throughout the world inducing mass-starvations that you were perfectly content with, forced millions into slavery, engaged in genocide on every corner of the globe, and fought for territorial aggrandizement that would make Adolf Hitler Blush.

In India, 12 million and 29 million Indians were killed. These people were murdered by British state policy. In 1877 and 1878, at the height of the famine in India, merchants exported a record 320,000 tonnes of wheat into UK. Undoubtely, this sort of genocidal and kleptocratic colonialism was commited in Africa too. Actually, it is worse in Africa... where the results of the colonial economic system are still visible.[/url]
Lets not be to easy on them, Imperial Apologists like to think this was something to be confined to the distant past, but those same policies took effect in the 1943, to kill a total of 1.5 to 3 million people, only 4 years before British tyranny in India finally came to an end.

To be fair, Britain's been busily refusing to extrade a few Russian X-Pats whom Moscow would very much like to get their hands on.

Of course, these X-Pats are wanted mostly because they are political opponant of Vladimir I, Emperor of All Russias, but...

This isn’t entirely accurate. In the UK several Russians have had proceedings brought against them in court which have been rejected for various reasons by judges. This has not happened in Russia where every senior member of the government had rejected the extradition request in the weeks before the Russian prosecution office made its decision. In Britain the requests were considered but in Russia there constitution seems against even considering it.

And personally I don’t even think Russia needs to change its constitution it just needs to ignore it. That’s what it did when the country ordered the extradition of several Russian nationals to Uzbekistan several years ago (cant remember the details though so there might have been something different about that case).

Putin said:
Britain is no longer a colonial power

:clap:

Yes, well done.

@other posters: How long does it take for news to get to Russia?

In India, 12 million and 29 million Indians were killed. These people were murdered by British state policy. In 1877 - 1878, at the height of the famine in India, merchants exported a record 320,000 tonnes of wheat into UK. Undoubtely, this sort of genocidal and kleptocratic colonialism was commited in Africa too. Actually, it is worse in Africa... where the results of the colonial economic system are still vert much visible.

Of course there were death camps... But victors write the histories, so we may never know all the victims.

Please, shut up. Please shut up. The British did not "murder" Indian people. We educated them, protected them from outsiders, and built infrastructure for them. Same goes for Africa. Africa was quite a peaceful place before the Europeans left. Now look at it.

Stupid people run governments, that's why everybody else has to follow you and say sorry about slavery to millionaire rappers and Indian chefs. If we do not, we get called a racist.

You, Princeps, are naive.

No, you just kept semi-feudel systems enforced throughout the world inducing mass-starvations that you were perfectly content with, forced millions into slavery, engaged in genocide on every corner of the globe, and fought for territorial aggrandizement that would make Adolf Hitler Blush.

Another naive comment here. Comparing the British in India to Adolf Hitler is quite something.

Lets not be to easy on them, Imperial Apologists like to think this was something to be confined to the distant past, but those same policies took effect in the 1943, to kill a total of 1.5 to 3 million people, only 4 years before British tyranny in India finally came to an end.

Ignore the above text.

Moderator Action: Flaming. Lighten up, Rossiya.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Dooblay post.

That’s what it did when the country ordered the extradition of several Russian nationals to Uzbekistan several years ago

I didn't hear about it, but I remember that an oppositionary Turkmeni banker, who had Russian citizentry was deported to Turkmenistan on the request of Turkmenbashi.

But the Russian officials refuse to do as Brits say because:

1. Humbly obeying Brits is most definitely unsuitable for the great superpower Russia is. Yeah. Definitely unsuitable. Espesialy after their arrogant tone. (-1 "You made an arrogant demand!")

2. Russia just doesn't want to extradict Lugovoi.

3. And Russian officials are ready to obey the Constitution when it says what they want.

The British did not "murder" Indian people. We educated them, protected them from outsiders, and built infrastructure for them.

You know, that isn't really so contradictory as it seems. You can build infrastructure, open schools etc. in a country while still allowing a large part of its inhabitants to starve.

:clap:
Please, shut up. Please shut up. The British did not "murder" Indian people. We educated them, protected them from outsiders, and built infrastructure for them. Same goes for Africa. Africa was quite a peaceful place before the Europeans left. Now look at it.

Are you serious or is this intended to be a stupid and inappropriate joke/flamebait ?
I am really trying to figure if I'm supposed to laugh or just shake my head and roll my eyes in annoyance.

Are you serious or is this intended to be a stupid and inappropriate joke/flamebait ?
I am really trying to figure if I'm supposed to laugh or just shake my head and roll my eyes in annoyance.

If you are German, you would not know much about colonialism, so please leave the thread now.

You know, that isn't really so contradictory as it seems. You can build infrastructure, open schools etc. in a country while still allowing a large part of its inhabitants to starve.

Indeed. But we did a better job than most of the African leaders are doing now...

Sure, because Germans can't read history books...

Please, shut up. Please shut up. The British did not "murder" Indian people.
We educated them, protected them from outsiders, and built infrastructure for them. Same goes for Africa. Africa was quite a peaceful place before the Europeans left. Now look at it.

"We were there because for purely altruistic reasons, we gave our blood, sweat and treasure to protect the people of India! And if you even dare to suggest otherwise, you're a naive conspiracy nut!"

Facts have never mattered much.

Oh, please... When the British ruled, India went from one of the richest places on Earth, to the poorest. But I guess it was just "mistakes" and those "ungrateful savages" who "couldn't understand the gifts of western civilization".

You, Princeps, are naive.

You calling me naive is like "the hunchback of Notre dame telling me to sit straight".

I think Putin should focus on trying to get his populace's life expectancy up to standards wtih the rest of the developed world...maybe keep the spread of aids down...and convince his populace to have kids again. But I guess if posturing to appear strong is more important to you...go right ahead.

You know, he IS a Russian, he might just take you up on that.

@ Amadeus: :rotfl:

Oh, please... When the British ruled, India went from one of the richest places on Earth, to the poorest.

You got a source for that?

But I guess it was just "mistakes" and those "ungrateful savages" who "couldn't understand the gifts of western civilization".

Well now you're calling the poor Indians savages. What would aneeshm say?

You calling me naive is like "the hunchback of Notre dame telling me to sit straight".

Oh the wit.

PUTIN: you're an idiot...

ROSSIYA: You're an idiot too...

I'm not as familar with the history of the British Empire as I used to be, but I can tell you that it was built on bodies... or was that St. Petersburg... Meh, probably both.

Dare I bring up 'The White Man's Burden" cause from the comments of yours that I read you seem to agree with it.

Being called an idiot by a communist... :lol:

That's like the Hunchback of Notre Dame telling me to sit straight.

Why do people think I'll take offence to being called a communist...

I mean why? I tell them I'm a communist... I tell them I'm proud to be a communist... and people still believe they can use it like an insult.

Anyways, heres what Im gonna do: I'm gonna go ahead and make you a perscription for 1 Boot Remover, because the next time you decide to make a ******ed comment like that I'm gonna kick your .

Moderator Action: Flaming.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

PUTIN: you're an idiot...

Since when populistic rhetoric became a form of idiocy?

People who honestly believe Britain didn't have ulterior motives for being in India sadden me. It makes no sense why they would even be in India if it wasn't to make a good bit of profit off it, which quite obviously would take that profit from India.

Moderator Action: How about we let the veins in your respective foreheads recede a bit. Anymore flaming or trolling in this thread will be punished severely.

Top Bottom