Qin Shi Huang returns as leader of China

I don't think the city names are static anymore.

In the Quill video, the expand to the northeast changed names partway through, and I'm surprised nobody else has noticed.
With China, I bet the capital's name changes too, given how many capitals the civilization has had through history.

Hmm I don't think I'd like that idea. It would get too confusing if city names are changing, it would be hard to keep straight.

I wouldn't mind if we were given the choice of what to name our cities, including our capitals. I wonder if that will be the case.

Hmm I don't think I'd like that idea. It would get too confusing if city names are changing, it would be hard to keep straight.

I wouldn't mind if we were given the choice of what to name our cities, including our capitals. I wonder if that will be the case.

Yeah, it would be cool if you could manually rename and the cities of other AIs would sometimes change names, but I don't want my cities to change without my direct order.
Playing the Aztecs can already be confusing enough.

I'm not saying I like it either, I'm just pretty sure that's what's happening here.

I don't think it's Rhys'-esque dynamic names, mostly just a randomized city list that's different each time you play.

Can you take screenshots to show us the changing city names? I'm at work so I haven't been able to see it yet.

I'd liek to point out that all we have is a live b-roll right now (or whatever it's called) It's possible that the city names were different because they used different games (just on the same scenario).

If the Great Wall is an improvement, does that mean it won't be a world wonder?

It looks to me like world wonders are mixed in with the improvement section as I saw the Pyramids (grayed out) + Hanging Gardens in a screenshot in that section.

It looks to me like world wonders are mixed in with the improvement section as I saw the Pyramids (grayed out) + Hanging Gardens in a screenshot in that section.
Wonders are in the Buildings section. Improvements are built on the map by Builders. According to quill18, the Great Wall is constructed tile-by-tile on the civ border by Builders.

Spoiler :

I just hope the GW isn't as OP as it is in CiV, when I warmonger I rush it just to deny others from having it. I mean, I don't care when someone on another continent far away gets it, because I'll probably only conquer them after Dynamite... but when my neighbor gets it and forward settles me, that's seeeerious trouble for me pults and lasses, mate :/

China, America, Egypt, India, and Japan.

I seem to recall them mentioning Genghis Khan in one of the previews, but I can't find it.

Such great news! Thank you for sharing that with me friend! :hatsoff:

I just hope the GW isn't as OP as it is in CiV, when I warmonger I rush it just to deny others from having it. I mean, I don't care when someone on another continent far away gets it, because I'll probably only conquer them after Dynamite... but when my neighbor gets it and forward settles me, that's seeeerious trouble for me pults and lasses, mate :/

I believe that Quill18 video says it acts like forts or maybe citadels. He mentions limiting movement but wasn't sure if it was the entire territory if only the GW tiles.

Does he have to look like Jabba the Hutt though?

There have been less ridiculous portrayals.

Such great news! Thank you for sharing that with me friend! :hatsoff:

I'm with you. I'm not a warmonger at all but the Mongols have always been my favourite Civ. I sure hope they are in from the start. :D

Qin Shi Huang is a solid choice. His portrait makes him look like a big fat toad, though. :sad:

Does he have to look like Jabba the Hutt though?

There have been less ridiculous portrayals.

Spoiler :

It doesn't look too off to me:

Spoiler :

Top Bottom