Question about compatible mods

I tested Custom Advanced Setup screen with all 4 CEP mods and did not find any problem ingame. But as said before, Im not a programmer, I just see if things work ingame and Custom Advanced Setup Screen seem to work with CEP.

Yeah, it works. I have a saved game with me and a buddy at the late industrial era... we're wondering if things like Stories are perhaps affected by the way this changes turns. I notice, for instance, that all city state territory when these mods are combined are denoted as "owned by barbarian," and I am wondering if the order in which mods loads, or something else, might affect CEP.

Yeah, it works. I have a saved game with me and a buddy at the late industrial era... we're wondering if things like Stories are perhaps affected by the way this changes turns. I notice, for instance, that all city state territory when these mods are combined are denoted as "owned by barbarian," and I am wondering if the order in which mods loads, or something else, might affect CEP.
ahh...good luck with that :p

Have anyone got Prehistoric Era (BNW) and Beyond the future to work with CEP?

What about custom civs? I've downloaded Israel civilization, but it starts with no unit except settler - bug, feature or incompatibility? In vanilla, it starts with standard, obligatory settler+warrior set.

What about custom civs? I've downloaded Israel civilization, but it starts with no unit except settler - bug, feature or incompatibility? In vanilla, it starts with standard, obligatory settler+warrior set.

Which Israel mod? There are dozens of them!

It would be strange to have CEP change the starting units in this way unless the warrior unit is of a CLASS that is not used.
The table, Cilvilization_FreeUnits, that assigns the starting units uses a very basic selection criteria of:
CivilizationType, UnitClassType, UnitAIType, Count

So this would be, if the unit is a standard type,
CIVILZATION_ISRAEL, UNITCLASS_WARRIOR, UNITAI_EXPLORE, 1

Nothing here that would be changed except the UnitClassType, if Israel introduced a weird new class of warrior as the unit.

Partly true.

We did add that in to diversify but other custom mods do make use of that table.
I use the Australia civ and the starting units are fine, I would also assume the civs in the rest of Colonialist Legacies likewise have no problem with CEP.

So the point stands, which Israel mod?

I really should get bigger shoes, that way it might stop me from putting my foot in my mouth.:eek:

Don't know what I was thinking, of course the method stackpointer was referring to is correct.
ALL civ mods that don't use this method will fail.

So as a fall back you can either download that complete file CEL_End.sql from the repo, or just edit the existing one in your mod folder and add those few lines to it at the same location.

This will just give a warrior unit as a starting unit to any mod that uses the original method.

How are you testing compatibility?

I imagine many issues wouldn't be apparent until deep into a game.

Are you basically loading them up and zipping through a short game?

DLL - Various Mod Components (v 41) (in order to use whowards dll with CEP you must remove \XML\CustomModDbUpdates.xml to get it working)

This changes in v44 (v42 and v43 were bugged, so shouldn't be used), you'll need to delete the DB\API\PlotYields.xml file instead

Tested more mods:

Seem to work
City states leaders for BNW - compatible (v7)
End of turns (v1)
Global - city bombard range (v1)
Improvements airbases (v10)
Improvements Pontoon bridge (v2)
More luxuries and optimized resource distribution
Quick turns (v10)
Spy planes (v28)
UI - improved city banner (v6)
UI - Map pins (v16)
UI - overlay wonders (v7)
UI for unit stacking (v1)
Units mounted units (v11)
Units - prospectors (v7)
UI - City expansion (v13)

Mods that have some minor issues with CEP or limits in mod
UI - promotion tree (v14) (Tested UI - promotion tree (v14) too. No vital errors but you don't get all promotion paths shown for vanguard units. \Skodkim) (dont work with Promotions - Expansion pack)

Need more testing:
Expanded Naval Immersion (v9) (no units show up anywhere)

Not working
Less ice on maps

Would love to play with this mod but its not working. Any solution/fix?
Civ IV Diplomatic Features (getting error message that Communitas UI or something have not been loaded and cant produce anything in any city)

Tested more mods:

Seem to work
City states leaders for BNW - compatible (v7)
End of turns (v1)
Global - city bombard range (v1)
Improvements airbases (v10)
Improvements Pontoon bridge (v2)
More luxuries and optimized resource distribution
Quick turns (v10)
Spy planes (v28)
UI - improved city banner (v6)
UI - Map pins (v16)
UI - overlay wonders (v7)
UI - promotion tree (v14)
UI for unit stacking (v1)
Units mounted units (v11)
UI - City expansion (v13)

Need more testing:
Expanded Naval Immersion (v9) (no units show up anywhere)
Units prospectors (v7)

Not working
Less ice on maps

Tested UI - promotion tree (v14) too. No vital errors but you don't get all promotion paths shown for vanguard units.

\Skodkim

It's likely that many of these mods are a problem with load order (one has to reference the other) as shown here
I finally got around to test this and it worked. thanks again.
I put reference to the mods in CEP and that worked like magic.

More mods that seem to work with CEP:
Landmines for BNW
Standing Stones
Terrain - Chateau Extension
Terrain - Feitoria Extension
Terrain - Kasbah Extension
Terrain - Moai Extension
Terrain - Motte-and-bailey Fort
Terrain - Polder Extension
Terrain - Pontoon Bridge
Terrain - Terrace Farm Extension
Units - Herdsman
Knights templar mod (but need some editing. Name show as: Knights_Templar)
Units - Rangers
Units - Prospectors
Homesteading (need to add to CEP as a dependency)
Colonies (need to add to CEP as a dependency)
RemoteMining (need to add to CEP as a dependency)
Prospectors
Slave trade (building in civilopedia but have not tested more) (need to add to CEP as a dependency)
Expanded Naval Immersion (need to add to CEP as a dependency)

Top Bottom