Question about PS3 port...

How come it won't let you use the PS3 vision camera to chat with other people? The 360 vision camera lets you do that. The PS3 camera is just as good as the 360 camera, if not better. If the 360 camera can handle it, there is not a doubt in my mind that the PS3 camera can as well.

Since I own both a 360, Wii, and PS3, it won't matter. I even have the camera for both 360 and PS3. :)

But my point it, why have the camera chat for 360 but not PS3?

the ps3 version firstly isn't a port, each version of the gmae is built upon a game code that doesn't recognise or care what system its on.

the reqason why the ps3 camera/eye toy whatever can't be used is because gamespy won't allow it.

and since the PS3 doesn't have a unified online system like the 360, Firaxis had to rely on Gamespy to provide multiplayer(yet another reason to opt for 360 version...no Gamespy).

fanboys are so annoying :cry:

I really hope your not trying to call me a fanboy, since I own all three(360, PS3, and Wii)

No offense, but Thrallia's overbearing 360ness can come off as annoying sometimes, but I try to deal with it.

But yes, this was discussed quite thoroughly on the offical forums and it comes down to the fact that Gamespy doesnt support the cameras and no one has enough initiative to get it working.

Quite sad.

and since the PS3 doesn't have a unified online system like the 360, Firaxis had to rely on Gamespy to provide multiplayer(yet another reason to opt for 360 version...no Gamespy).

Since we're going that route, here's a reason to opt for PS3 version:

FREE online play.

i think he was being rude towards thrallia there.

Correct I just hate it when fanboys are talking about how great one system is. I just want to read about a game not about how big of a boner someone gets from a certain system.

and since when am I a fanboy? I was just pointing out why the PS3 doesn't have video chat. For the record, I am not a fanboy, and will be buying a PS3 myself when I decide it is worthwhile.

geez...people that jump to conclusions are annoying :p

I own a PS3, if you do also, you should be use to it by now.

I love the PS3, but PS3 multiplayer is god awful. I have yet to play a game that lets me use my camera online for any sort of video chat. The only game which makes half way decent use of chat at all is WarHawk.

I'm quite jealous when I hear about 360 voice chat in game and across games. In Rockband on the ps3, for example, the only way to communicate with your online bandmates is to exit the game!

I've been reduced to pulling out the laptop and using steam as our chat client.

:(

Yeah the only game i've tried that has camera chat is the poker game from psn. But as far as ingame xmb it seems atlast it should be here soon. (right sony!?) Sony should ofcourse have included it from day one but at least theyre starting to catch up now with the missing features, and when they come theyre usually spot on. And with the arrival of Home somtime in this century, who know, maybe they'll leave the rivals in the dust. I remain somewhat skeptic though.

And btw isnt Warhawk wicked fun? Best online shooter on a console i've ever played. Nothing else comes close.

Top Bottom