Question about Red October

countmc

Chieftain
I have been playing Red October, by Techumseh, which remains one of my favorite scenarios. I downloaded the most recent version from the wiki page, and once I got deep into the tech tree I noticed that I cannot research Red Army or Shock Tactics. This means I cannot recruit Red Army or the CHEKA unit. In past versions I could. I was wondering if this was by design for the newest version?

The scenario is very enjoyable and a lot of fun to play.

Ok, I think I've found the problem. You can't research Revolutionary Military Council (MP) until turn 23. It is a pre-req for Red Army (Alp) and for Shock Tactics (Rob). So that bit looks OK.

The other pre-req for Shock Tactics is Red Terror (Roc). You have to build the Red Terror wonder to get it. But the events have the wrong improvement number. It's now #41, (Hanging Gardens) which you can't build. It should be improvement #55, (Bach's Cathedral). I will change the download on the wiki when I have some time to relearn how to edit it.

In the meantime, here is a corrected Events file. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Attachments

• Events.txt
    61.5 KB · Views: 68
Here is what was from the wiki page.

Attachments

• Rules.txt
    47.3 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom