Question About Trading Luxury Resources

skdyer

Chieftain
I am quite confused about something. My civilization currently has 7 fully developed gold mines (spread across 4 cities) that I am actively working. When I go to the trade screen to trade luxury resources I am only able to trade 4 of these 7 gold resources. Why? Can you only trade one of each luxury resource per city? Has this always been the case? Do those 3 additional goal resource provide me with any value whatsoever aside from their tile yields?

You should have 7 gold available for trade if you have 7 gold mines within your borders. This is either a bug or there's some critical piece of info you're leaving out... could you post a saved game or a screenshot of your economic overview?

Here you go. Thanks for your help.

You should have 7 gold available for trade if you have 7 gold mines within your borders. This is either a bug or there's some critical piece of info you're leaving out... could you post a saved game or a screenshot of your economic overview?

Attachments

• Ramesses II_0201 AD-1410_2.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 44
Here are the relevant screen shots. Notice it says under local resources Gold 7 but then on the resources list in the other screen shot it says I only have 4 and all are being exported. Sorry, I couldn't get the screenshots to post. Steam outputs as .tga but this forum doesn't like that.

cant load the save.. you have some mods loaded and i dont know which.

edit: i loaded the save (infoaddict)
you have seven gold.. you are getting one more from a CS.. and you are exporting 4.. leaving you four.
no problem here.

you cant trade away the CS's copy of gold (leaving you three) and you can only trade one copy per civ.

Spoiler :

if you open a trade with poland you'll see the three avail to trade.
(build Mints ASAP)

I get it now. I am dumb. I was completely misinterpreting that screen. The number on the left decrements as resources are traded away. I do find it a bit confusing that it doesn't say 4 export, 1 import next to the gold. But I suppose CS resources don't count as an import. Thank you.

you have 7 own + 1 from a cs = 8
as you're trading 4 away you still have 4 left now (of which you can trade away 3)

Top Bottom