Question about unit defending city???

Subotai777

Warlord
When I reduce city defense to zero and when I attack city which have unit in city,that unit dont defend it self.I conquer the city without problem about unit(with full streinght) defending city.Can someone tell me why???

Garrisoned unit adds to the fighting capability of the city. So naturally it is concidered dead once city defenses are destroyed.

Garrisoned unit adds to the fighting capability of the city. So naturally it is concidered dead once city defenses are destroyed.

Right. It adds half it's combat strength to the city, and can attack on its own with no fear of being hurt if it's a ranged unit, so it naturally dies when the city does.

That may sound a bit confusing. The unit dies without a fight as soon as the city is captured. But if you just bombard the city to 0 HP and don't move a melee unit there to capture it, the garrisoned unit is still perfectly fine, can be at full health and can leave the city.

That may sound a bit confusing. The unit dies without a fight as soon as the city is captured. But if you just bombard the city to 0 HP and don't move a melee unit there to capture it, the garrisoned unit is still perfectly fine, can be at full health and can leave the city.

And should leave the city!

Top Bottom