Questions about Brave New World that don't deserve their own thread.

ImperialChaos

President
This would also be a great thread to clarify things that would be in the "What we know" confirmations thread because that thread is littered with way too much chit-chat

I'll start the questioning: Does anyone know wether or not the Feitoria can be built in neutral City-States?

I'll start the questioning: Does anyone know wether or not the Feitoria can be built in neutral City-States?

Yes it can. The notes indicate that it gives one copy of the city-states luxury resources normally, and two when allied.

The exact wording on the "Construct a Feitoria" order:

"Constructs a Feitoria in this City-State's lands. It will provide to you one copy of every Luxury Resource type connected by this City-State, regardless of your relationship with the City-State. Also provides a defensive bonus."

[Source.]

"Regardless of your relationship" implies to me that even if you go to war with the City-State, you'll still get their Luxury Resources. But yes, you can definitely reap the rewards with a neutral City-State.

I didn't pay attention to the talk on this. Someone wanna elaborate?

In the video released last week, an English city was seen constructing something with the placeholder text 'East India Company' where the picture of the constructed item would be.

It is safe to assume that the Dutch UA will be changed with the East India Company being build by english cities? I haven't read nothing about it.

Not necessarily. Maybe they'll change the name of the UA while keeping the same effect.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

It is safe to assume that the Dutch UA will be changed with the East India Company being build by english cities? I haven't read nothing about it.

I wouldn't go that far without more information.

That being said, their UA (already severely undercut by the Arabian Bazaar before it got off the ground) is really weakened by Portugal. I wouldn't mind seeing an update.

I didn't even realize this thread was here. I'll just copy-paste from what I put in the thread I had started.

-Why doesn't Hotel mention Brazilwood Camps as a culture improvement?

-If someone becomes Influential over you in Tourism, is that all that needs to count for the victory, or can you bump up your Culture to surpass them again, foiling their victory (if they aren't Influential with everyone yet, of course)?

-How are Artifacts themed in Museums? In the Rev3 video, a Museum was getting a theming bonus from two Artifacts of the same era/civ, while another in the same screen was getting a bonus from two Artifacts of different eras.

-In the new IGN video, at about 9:30, what is that icon above the World Congress proposal on the right? It looks like some sort of steam engine...

-Will Liberty's end bonus be changed? Getting a Great Artist that early could make your Tourism game ridiculously easy.

I didn't even realize this thread was here. I'll just copy-paste from what I put in the thread I had started.

1) Why doesn't Hotel mention Brazilwood Camps as a culture improvement?

2) If someone becomes Influential over you in Tourism, is that all that needs to count for the victory, or can you bump up your Culture to surpass them again, foiling their victory (if they aren't Influential with everyone yet, of course)?

3) How are Artifacts themed in Museums? In the Rev3 video, a Museum was getting a theming bonus from two Artifacts of the same era/civ, while another in the same screen was getting a bonus from two Artifacts of different eras.

4) In the new IGN video, at about 9:30, what is that icon above the World Congress proposal on the right? It looks like some sort of steam engine...

5) Will Liberty's end bonus be changed? Getting a Great Artist that early could make your Tourism game ridiculously easy.

1) Unknown, afaik.
2) Yes, you can bump your culture up to foil them.
3) From my understanding each building/wonder will have different requirements and bonuses for theming.
4) I don't see anything like that, can you be more specific?
5) Unknown, although I don't think it will be that game-breaking.

Attachments

• bnwscreen.jpg
    bnwscreen.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 632
Does anyone think that new music will be added to BNW? After playing for a lot of time the music that plays in the background gets monotonous.

Does anyone think that new music will be added to BNW? After playing for a lot of time the music that plays in the background gets monotonous.

My gut instinct tells me no and that it will just be the new tunes for the new civs, but you never know.

One thing I can't stand is how they Westernized a lot of the Asian civs' music. It sounds absolutely awful

Top Bottom