The Very-Many-Questions-Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread Thread XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to use a touchpad you want a Macbook. They're the only laptops I find acceptable to use on a long term basis. Otherwise get a wireless mouse and use that instead.

If you want to use a touchpad you want a Macbook. They're the only laptops I find acceptable to use on a long term basis.
It's the COMputer which my father got stiffed with (see Rants thread). We more or less got a trial version of Windows to work on it, but we're seriously considering formatting that and instead putting Windows 7 at this rate, although I still favour sending it back OR having a profesional have a poke at it.
*spreads hands helplessly*

oh, I missed the original context then I think.

It's the COMputer which my father got stiffed with (see Rants thread). We more or less got a trial version of Windows to work on it, but we're seriously considering formatting that and instead putting Windows 7 at this rate, although I still favour sending it back OR having a profesional have a poke at it.
*spreads hands helplessly*

I turned off my laptop touchpad Takh, not because of the OS trouble, but due to an object entered and clog the touchpad. But initially there was no problem.

IIRC it is because of air trapped in the pipes and the plumbing not done properly.
That's what happened when my dad built his addition to the garage and turned it into an apartment. Some of what he did was connected to the house in a weird way, so I could always tell when someone over there was taking a shower. Suddenly there was a noise like a distressed cow mooing.

My dad had no idea what it sounded like until one night he was visiting at the same time as his girlfriend was taking a shower. He must have jumped a foot, and wanted to know what the noise was. He was a bit embarrassed when I told him.

Well, the effing touchpad works, and I think we're keeping the thing, although what kind of maniac would design a computer that does not have ethernet capability in such a country as this where we don't have Birdjaguar-standard Wifi is currently beyond my ken.

I got fired from my FM2020 job, after 6 seasons at the club. So I ragequit the game and started a new club all from scratch in the 6th division of English football again. I know a lot more about the game now and will try this whole thing again.

To figure out what club I was going to create that could somewhat reasonably exist in the 6th division of English football.. I looked around a map of England until I found a place that sounded cool. Then I googled to see if there's any football clubs already there. Guess what - all the good ones are already taken. So I went with something a bit different.

Spoiler :

Here's my club crest, I spent almost an hour creating my new crest by taking a basic looking one from elsewhere, deleting some parts, changing the colours, and filling it with something else, then polishing up the details. For FM this needs to be a transparency, so it got a bit weird, but it looks great in FM! It looks a bit funky here. That white outline around the dude shouldn't be there for instance.

So my question is, I know nothing about Lincolnshire. I went with imagery that the name inspired in me, and then later looked at street view to see what the place looks like. It looks like fields! and farms. Is the imagery that I used in any way related to Lincolnshire? anything from local legends or mythology or whatever. If so, I could update my club's bio with that information. If not - hilarity can continue.

My club's nickname is "The Gardeners". I was tempted to go with "Lincolnshire Rangers", but meh let's be original, my club name is Lincolnshire and nothing else, and "The Gardeners" is what cool supporters call the club at the pub.

My club and jersey colours are of course red, black, and yellow

warpus, shouldn't you be posting this in the videogames thread?

Oh, it's somewhere in earlier posts. :blush:

My cognitive capabilities are becomign ever the more short-term with this fudgingg home imprisonment. 7 months and counting.

Question: Why oh why would anyone ever use shampoo & conditioner mixed in one bottle???

It works okish for shorter hair and is one bottle. Separate works better but is two.

Question: Why oh why would anyone ever use shampoo & conditioner mixed in one bottle???
If you don't have the time (or the water) to do both.

But you can't use both at the same time. They do opposite things. It's like having your car going forward and reverse simultaneously, right?

I cannot convince my husband to use separate bottles, but he won't.

But you can't use both at the same time. They do opposite things. It's like having your car going forward and reverse simultaneously, right?

I cannot convince my husband to use separate bottles, but he won't.

It may not be as good as separate products. But it's probably adequate for the job if you're not too fussy.

Because it saves time and money, and if all I care about is that my hair is clean, it does the job.

It's been 20 years since I had to fuss with my hair for clients or SCA meetings and events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom