Questions about Spanish Translation for VP

R4V3N

Chieftain
Hi guys! this is my first post but I'm being around some time reading these awesome forums.

I have a problem for playing vox populi on the right way, my game is in spanish so I get all new data wrong, not all but at least policies, buildings and maybe some more.

So I find this translation on this forum but there are a lot of files from translation that are missing, a lot of text strings missing too, I made an attempt to fix this things but for my surprise translations are made on "en_US" files instead of es_ES, how I think it should be.

My next step was trying to change my game to english, but wont work, at least I don't see a way to change all my game language (just text, and some options on config.ini but nothing changes, still spanish).

Well I really want to play VP without checking VP wiki all the time, I'm thinking about making a new translation, in the right way, I have some coding skills and also experience translating but is really my first time with civs files ( I work as a web developer, I had translated a lot of stuff for php applicattions on xml/sql files, but is another world)

1. Is there any guide for this kind of works, I mean some explanation of the files I should duplicate/translate?
  2. I can make new files like "es_ES/es_ES_Text_CivilopediaC4DF.xml" and will the game read these files?
  3. and what about sql files? are text strings stored on database too?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi guys! this is my first post but I'm being around some time reading these awesome forums.

I have a problem for playing vox populi on the right way, my game is in spanish so I get all new data wrong, not all but at least policies, buildings and maybe some more.

So I find this translation on this forum but there are a lot of files from translation that are missing, a lot of text strings missing too, I made an attempt to fix this things but for my surprise translations are made on "en_US" files instead of es_ES, how I think it should be.

My next step was trying to change my game to english, but wont work, at least I don't see a way to change all my game language (just text, and some options on config.ini but nothing changes, still spanish).

Well I really want to play VP without checking VP wiki all the time, I'm thinking about making a new translation, in the right way, I have some coding skills and also experience translating but is really my first time with civs files ( I work as a web developer, I had translated a lot of stuff for php applicattions on xml/sql files, but is another world)

1. Is there any guide for this kind of works, I mean some explanation of the files I should duplicate/translate?
  2. I can make new files like "es_ES/es_ES_Text_CivilopediaC4DF.xml" and will the game read these files?
  3. and what about sql files? are text strings stored on database too?

Thanks

Check out this thread for advice: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/the-vox-populi-localization-project.609232/

The original game's TXT_KEYs are updated in SQL files. New TXT_KEYs are added in XML files.

Notepad++'s Find in Files feature is invaluable.

Top Bottom