Questions about The BUG Mod

@ berenger:

It's up and working now. I can d/l it.

can anyone confirm that CTRL+SHIFT+E = manual event selectin pop in BUG 4.4?

some cool code was developed here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=369312

In which emporer fool said was in BUG. i have chipotle enabled, bug is working fine. key combo does nothing, and poking around in the BUG code i can not find any reference to the code in the link :confused:

I can't confirm it. Maybe ruff_hi can...

Was there any progress on BUG since the release of 4.4?
I saw a few commits to the SVN, but not sure if developments continues

Was there any progress on BUG since the release of 4.4?
I saw a few commits to the SVN, but not sure if developments continues

I'm not sure either. EF isn't around much these days, and I rarely see ruff. I'm still actively working on BAT, but BUG? Not me, anyway. :(

OK, I have a little issue with my game when playing FF Plus. I want to deactivate the Field of View scroll bar because whenever I accidentally click on it (usually when trying to click on an enemy alert pop-up), it causes the game's message board to fill up with six identical messages all saying Bug Options Failed then listing the path to the (I assume) missing ini file. The messages then stay on the screen taking up a good third of the map. I have tried turning off the scroll bar in Bug Options (which does turn off the bar) but I still get the messages cluttering up my screen and the only way to get rid of them is to turn off Civ completely and then reload. Plus the error messages override all the normal in-game messages.

Note for Clarity: I get the Bug Options Failed messages when I try to turn the Field of View bar off OR when I click on the bar.

It's not a big issue honestly just pretty annoying. By the by, I haven't installed any of the Bug Mods (at least not to my knowledge.) I just downloaded the FF Plus Mod which I guess has some of the Bug Mod's features.

Any help please,
JJ Mirradian

OK, I have a little issue with my game when playing FF Plus. I want to deactivate the Field of View scroll bar because whenever I accidentally click on it (usually when trying to click on an enemy alert pop-up), it causes the game's message board to fill up with six identical messages all saying Bug Options Failed then listing the path to the (I assume) missing ini file. The messages then stay on the screen taking up a good third of the map. I have tried turning off the scroll bar in Bug Options (which does turn off the bar) but I still get the messages cluttering up my screen and the only way to get rid of them is to turn off Civ completely and then reload. Plus the error messages override all the normal in-game messages.

Note for Clarity: I get the Bug Options Failed messages when I try to turn the Field of View bar off OR when I click on the bar.

It's not a big issue honestly just pretty annoying. By the by, I haven't installed any of the Bug Mods (at least not to my knowledge.) I just downloaded the FF Plus Mod which I guess has some of the Bug Mod's features.

Any help please,
JJ Mirradian
I would post this in the FF Plus mod's forum. It's quite likely that they have a modified version of BUG (many mods do) that we know nothing about.

Hey i messed with Bug Options and was wondering if there was a way to return the bug options "default settings".

Hey i messed with Bug Options and was wondering if there was a way to return the bug options "default settings".
Your user settings are stored under ...

'U:\Users\RuffHi\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\BUG Mod\UserSettings'

I would suggest you rename that directory 'UserSettings-Old' and create a new, empty folder called 'UserSettings'. Fire up BUG and see what happens. If it falls over, try copying back some of the files from the -Old directory.

Hey I have a question about removing imrpoved graphics in BAT. No matter what i try, i can't get the blue marble graphics terrain graphics to show up instead. I tried the suggestions in the FAQ and have searched the forum but nothing seems to work.
So the different things I've tried:
installing blue marble separately, both before and after installing BAT.
I tried changing the INI file (as mentioned in the FAQ) with all the possible permutations. No difference.
I tried changing the IG_v2.0.7.FPK filename, and deleting it.
Nothing seems to work! I really want the features of BUG and the cultural units of BAT with blue marble. Previous versions of BAT haven't given me this problem. Please help!

Hey I have a question about removing imrpoved graphics in BAT. No matter what i try, i can't get the blue marble graphics terrain graphics to show up instead. I tried the suggestions in the FAQ and have searched the forum but nothing seems to work.
So the different things I've tried:
installing blue marble separately, both before and after installing BAT.
I tried changing the INI file (as mentioned in the FAQ) with all the possible permutations. No difference.
I tried changing the IG_v2.0.7.FPK filename, and deleting it.
Nothing seems to work! I really want the features of BUG and the cultural units of BAT with blue marble. Previous versions of BAT haven't given me this problem. Please help!
BAT uses the Blue Marble terrain graphics already. BAT will also ignore anything installed in Custom Assets (like Blue Marble).

Make sure the BM450_HI.FPK file (or something like it) is in your BAT MOD\Assets folder. That's where the terrain graphics live.

I thought that was the case as well. Take a look at these screen shots.
The first shows BTS with only blue marble, while the other is BAT. For some reason they look waaaay different; the second screen almost has the same color scheme etc. as vanilla.
Is it supposed to look like that? I guess i may be misunderstanding my problem.
Maybe this isn't a problem, just an aesthetic thing?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 118
Aesthetically, I prefer the Vanilla mode of the mountain scheme. Blue Marbles Grey peaks is a bit too depressing, I like the earthen colour scheme.

But I much prefer Blue Marbles Blue water colour's to Civ's 'Cartoonish' Version. The general ground colouring is a marked improvement as well.

I thought that was the case as well. Take a look at these screen shots.
The first shows BTS with only blue marble, while the other is BAT. For some reason they look waaaay different; the second screen almost has the same color scheme etc. as vanilla.
Is it supposed to look like that? I guess i may be misunderstanding my problem.
Maybe this isn't a problem, just an aesthetic thing?

It is supposed to look like that. BAT's Blue Marble uses the lighter textures as opposed to the darker ones available in the BM installer. Also the mountains look different because they use Kissa's improved peaks rather than the depressing BM ones. If you look closely, the icepacks are different as well (also thanks to Kissa)

The differences are purely aesthetic, but that's the whole philosophy behind BAT. It isn't supposed to look like anything else.

Hi I was hoping I could get some help installing BUG+BULL, is there an actual step by step somewhere? I'm trying to install on Mac through Steam. First I downloaded both and extracted them. Then I tried to install only BUG as a mod in the beyond the sword > mods folder. When I loaded it up in the advanced > mods settings. After loading a game, instead of opening the starting pop up it opened a blank diplomacy screen. After exiting that I was in game but with no HUD whatsoever and flashing graphics specifically on the trees. In addition to this there alt-ctrl-o had no effect. After this I tried merging BULL with BUG (copying all the files from BULL into the BUG folder and replacing all. Then I put it in the mods folder and tried to load it and play it again. After this Everything loaded properly and the opening pop up and HUD were all there except the mod didn't work still (no mod features there and ctrl alt o didn't work). Not sure what I should do at this point. Going to try actually installing it in the assets folder. If this doesn't work, any suggestions?

Ok so I tried installing BUG following the instructions in the readme to no avail. Game will not load (error box comes up on launch). Not sure what I'm doing wrong, the instructions could be more clear. For example in the directions it doesn't say to copy the gamesetupcheck folder into the bug mod folder you create then later in the instructions it shows a diagram of how the filesystem looks and it is in there. So it's kind of unclear... Would love some assistance, thanks.

OK second edit here. The only way I got it to work was to remove line 699 of the file BugUtil.py in the >assets>python folder. It still only works in the mods folder not installed in the custom assets overwriting way. Mod works but there are graphical glitches, notably what I stated earlier with the trees flashing.

I have been thinking for awhile that the CvMainInterface.py file would benefit from graphics engine side objects moving code out of it and into the objects hence reducing the size and complexity of the code. I was actually going to start with the Progress Bar which is made up of 5 or more bits on the screen but could be handled as a single object. At least that is what I thought until I saw that you had already created a ProgressBar class but had not gone the whole hog with it. before I start I thought I should ask why you didn't - was it because it can't be done with the way things are in Civ IV?

I think I did some of the progress bar class stuff. Why not the whole hog ... probably because I have never been able to get my head fully round the class stuff.

Top Bottom