• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Questions about The BUG Mod

I rather doubt this. The application launch architecture in Mac OS X is *very* different from that in Windows, and it is very unlikely that Aspyr would have ported across the command line options from Windows.

Actually, now that MacOS is based on BSD all applications should have command-line switches available, and "-altroot=..." would make sense. That they ported them remains to be seen. Try launching it from the command line with "--help".

In wars, I suspect that sometimes not all cities are listed even if the leader will speak.

Only the capital is hidden in the list, but you can assume every player has a capital so I include it in the count--even if it's not visible on the map.

In my current game it is telling me that Rome has built the Moa Statues, but not listing the city that they were built in (presumably because I haven't seen them) - it is also telling me that a few unknown civs have built them, and it also tells me the year in which they were built for each of them, including the unknown civs, Rome, and ones that I have actually seen.

I'll have to look at the original BTS screen, but I didn't think National Wonders were reported at all (except maybe yours). If that's the case, we should only show that it is built and where if the city containing it has been revealed. I'll check out your save, thanks.

You can't launch an app from the OS X command line just by typing its name. You use "open". open takes some switches, including --args to pass subsequent arguments to the app's main() function. So I typed:

open ./Civilization\ IV\ Beyond\ the\ Sword --args --help

and it just opened the game. As I suspected, Aspyr have not implemented the CL switches.

I was only hoping for --help. The Windows version of the EXE doesn't provide any command-line usage information either. You could try using "--args /AltRoot=..." but it will probably take several tries to get it and you won't know it's even possible unless you guess the right combo.

Can someone give me the link to BULL SVN please? Finally got to download TortoiseSVN and downloaded BUG but there was no BULL in that SVN link.
Thanks!

Can someone give me the link to BULL SVN please?

Code:
http://civ4bull.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/civ4bull/trunk

I am getting a peculiar event error since using the newest bug mod.

FavoriteCivicDetectorEvent and some other important info i'm sure but i can't find it atm. I'll try to get it in text form asap.

Are you playing a game with Random Personalities checked in the CUSTOM GAME settings? The Troubleshooting page has instructions on getting the logs.

Quick Question: Can more than one gameutils module be used in the following function?

Spoiler :

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<mod id="Orions Grand Inquisition" 
	 name="Orions Grand Inquisition" 
	 version="1.00"
	 url="http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=262206">

<events module="InquisitionEvents" class="InquisitionEvents"/>
	<events module="AIAutoPlay" class="AIAutoPlay"/>
	<events module="ChangePlayer" class="ChangePlayer"/>
	<events module="Tester" class="Tester"/>
	<events module="WorldWonderEvents" class="WorldWonderEvents"/>	
	<gameutils module="InquisitionGameUtils" class="InquisitionGameUtils"/>		
</mod>

I tried a second module for a different mod, but it failed to run the code, unless I put it in the InquisitionGameUtils class. I'd like to have these functions in separate files to enhance the organization of python code for each Wonder I add to my mod.

Note: I have duplicated the problem, as the second GameUtils file fails to run any of the functions.

Orion Veteran :cool:

Probably known by others, but I started getting lots of load errors when I simply copied the 4.1 Assets one for one into BAT 2.0. (Same folder/names only) as described in previous posts.

So I started over and looked at each individual file and (for a noob like me) it was difficult to determine which 4.1 files were actually new, at least going by file size and file date.

Many of BUG 4.1 files are older (attributes) than BAT 2.0 even though it is supposed to be 4.0. (I could presume that was simply the date they were placed into BAT but I didn't have anything else to rely on.)

So I settled on only overwriting those that were newer/different file size. There could still be a few that I didn't properly update, but everything is okay so far with no initialization errors.

At this point, do we know how far BUG is going to progress outside of BAT, or is BAT going to assume the role of repository for BUG and BULL?

Probably known by others, but I started getting lots of load errors when I simply copied the 4.1 Assets one for one into BAT 2.0.

You should be able to copy the entire Assets folder from BUG in BAT, saying Yes to All for overwriting files.

At this point, do we know how far BUG is going to progress outside of BAT, or is BAT going to assume the role of repository for BUG and BULL?[/QUOTE]

BUG will continue to have releases of its own (and BULL too).

Yes I am! That must be it.. Makes sense. Not a bug issue i take it?

No, I just wanted to make sure. BUG does have FavoriteCivicDetector that constantly watches the AIs and their attitudes to determine what the favorite civics of your rivals are. It was working before, but maybe I broke it along the way somehow. Please see that page I linked and get the log files. Also please provide the information it asks for in a post here with your log files.

I have had a message "Isabella has founded Seville . . ." and the scoreboard shows her as having 3 cities. But the map shows me only two, as does the espionage screen, and I have no scouts anywhere in her vicinity. It seems to me, therefore, that BUG is giving me information which I would otherwise have no means of discovering. Is this right ?

I have had a message "Isabella has founded Seville . . ." and the scoreboard shows her as having 3 cities. But the map shows me only two, as does the espionage screen, and I have no scouts anywhere in her vicinity. It seems to me, therefore, that BUG is giving me information which I would otherwise have no means of discovering. Is this right ?
We seem to be getting this question lots of times. You can see an AIs cities by Ctrl-Clicking on their name in the scoreboard - that will bring up the diplo trade screen and the cities are listed there. You can do this from the very first turn you meet the AI.

Hi,

I'm unclear when and how that happens but my fovourite map full of resources is no more working. I'm playing now mostly the Buffy Mod and maybe the installation of Buffy has caused this. The issue is that when I select options like "Stone near capitol" or "No Tribal villages" is does not have any effect. The game is starting and I can play but the map selections aren't valid.

Any idea what I can do to get Full of Ressources running again?

I have read the BUG help and can't seem to find what I have turned on.

I have BAT2.0 updated with BUG 4.1.

From the main map, I receive the additional data (left screen popup) when mousing over city name bars.

But now since I installed BAT2.0, I'm also receiving the popup when mousing over the short icon (leftmost position in table) from inside city info page. So when trying to click on the city icon in order to go to the actual city screen, the popup is obscuring 4-5 of the icons and I can't see underneath it.

EDIT: Here's a pic
Hover inside city info page

Can anyone tell me the switch to only turn off the popup inside city info-pages.

Thanks

Quick Question: Can more than one gameutils module be used in the following function?

This should be possible. What does your XML for the second gameutils look like? I only see one in your post. Also, after running your mod, please post your PythonDbg.log file so I can see what's happening.

Any idea what I can do to get Full of Ressources running again?

Try renaming the folder "BUFFY-3.19.001/PublicMaps" to "PrivateMaps". If that doesn't work, remove the folder entirely. We package several community map scripts with BUG and BUFFY (IIRC). Perhaps having it in two places is causing confusion for BTS.

Can anyone tell me the switch to only turn off the popup inside city info-pages.

To disable this feature, go to the BUG Options screen (ALT + CTRL + O) and select the Advisors tab. Uncheck "Zoom to City Details". Note, however, that you can still click through the infopane that pops up. While it may seem unintuitive, if you're on the zoom button but cannot see it any more, just click and presto!

Top Bottom