Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Ok,
I list here an abstruse list of things I see in that 6000 lines file.

1. Share techs.
  2. Espionage complicity.
  3. Shared war weariness
  4. Something called "StolenVisibilityTimer"
  5. Wars
  6. Peaces and enforced peace treaties.
  7. Open Borders
  8. Defensive pacts
  9. Share wars bonuses
  10. War success...wow I didn't know that.
  11. One contact another, your partner knows it with telepathy.
  12. Religion founded, one city in all cities of BOTH partners is chosen as holy city.
  13. 50% extra cost in techs for each additional member in the team.
  14. Maps knowledge are shared.
  15. Finally, I got my hand on circumnavigation bonus is shared between members of a team.
  16. I don't know about wonders, but I am getting annoyed looking at this big file.

Here is the code part about circumnavigation bonus and teams. No need to see it btw, otherwise eyes might might suffer from irrecoverable wounds.

Spoiler :

I said don't look at it. Think healthy.
Spoiler :
Code:
void CvTeam::testCircumnavigated()
{
	CvPlot* pPlot;
	CvWString szBuffer;
	bool bFoundVisible;
	int iX, iY;

if (isBarbarian())
	{
		return;
	}

if (!GC.getGameINLINE().circumnavigationAvailable())
	{
		return;
	}

if (GC.getMapINLINE().isWrapXINLINE())
	{
		for (iX = 0; iX < GC.getMapINLINE().getGridWidthINLINE(); iX++)
		{
			bFoundVisible = false;

for (iY = 0; iY < GC.getMapINLINE().getGridHeightINLINE(); iY++)
			{
				pPlot = GC.getMapINLINE().plotSorenINLINE(iX, iY);

if (pPlot->isRevealed(getID(), false))
				{
					bFoundVisible = true;
					break;
				}
			}

if (!bFoundVisible)
			{
				return;
			}
		}
	}

if (GC.getMapINLINE().isWrapYINLINE())
	{
		for (iY = 0; iY < GC.getMapINLINE().getGridHeightINLINE(); iY++)
		{
			bFoundVisible = false;

for (iX = 0; iX < GC.getMapINLINE().getGridWidthINLINE(); iX++)
			{
				pPlot = GC.getMapINLINE().plotSorenINLINE(iX, iY);

if (pPlot->isRevealed(getID(), false))
				{
					bFoundVisible = true;
					break;
				}
			}

if (!bFoundVisible)
			{
				return;
			}
		}
	}

GC.getGameINLINE().makeCircumnavigated();

if (GC.getGameINLINE().getElapsedGameTurns() > 0)
	{
		if (GC.getDefineINT("CIRCUMNAVIGATE_FREE_MOVES") != 0)
		{
			changeExtraMoves(DOMAIN_SEA, GC.getDefineINT("CIRCUMNAVIGATE_FREE_MOVES"));

for (int iI = 0; iI < MAX_PLAYERS; iI++)
			{
				if (GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iI).isAlive())
				{
					if (getID() == GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iI).getTeam())
					{
						szBuffer = gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_YOU_CIRC_GLOBE", GC.getDefineINT("CIRCUMNAVIGATE_FREE_MOVES"));
					}
					else if (isHasMet(GET_PLAYER((PlayerTypes)iI).getTeam()))
					{
						szBuffer = gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_SOMEONE_CIRC_GLOBE", getName().GetCString());
					}
					else
					{
						szBuffer = gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_UNKNOWN_CIRC_GLOBE");
					}
					gDLL->getInterfaceIFace()->addMessage(((PlayerTypes)iI), false, GC.getEVENT_MESSAGE_TIME(), szBuffer, "AS2D_GLOBECIRCUMNAVIGATED", MESSAGE_TYPE_MAJOR_EVENT, NULL, (ColorTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("COLOR_HIGHLIGHT_TEXT"));
				}
			}

szBuffer = gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_SOMEONE_CIRC_GLOBE", getName().GetCString());
			GC.getGameINLINE().addReplayMessage(REPLAY_MESSAGE_MAJOR_EVENT, getLeaderID(), szBuffer, -1, -1, (ColorTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("COLOR_HIGHLIGHT_TEXT"));
		}
	}
}

It is 6000+ on my list but wow ... I didn't suspect anyone can put it in a list ... ;)

May I open up another noob question?:)

How do food and hammer differ in case of production?

My city has population of 2 and I'm working to pump out a worker.
Let's say, only 7turns needed to finish the production of the worker. My border expands, I moved the working tile from flood plains(+3:food:+1:commerce:) to a forested plains hill(+3:hammers:). My production accelerated from 7turns to 5. How and why?

I thought they add up when I build a settler/worker. How come +3:food: has lesser value than +3:hammers:?:confused:

I came to a conclusion that a forested plains(+1:food:+2:hammers:) is much better than a grassland hill(+2:food:+1:hammers:) when building workers.

First of all do not build worker ! Steal it if You can ! ^^ ;) Second why do You worry ? It is not +/- turn that have taken away Your Great Library when Your rival was industrious ? Forgive me please I do not see an option. The only 2 was exhausted - yes they need rest ^^

To actually answer Your question there is no commerce in the equation so erase that. hammer + food is simple hammer + food for worker .... and there is a posibility that I am insane :D

First of all do not build worker ! Steal it if You can ! ^^ ;) Second why do You worry ? It is not +/- turn that have taken away Your Great Library when Your rival was industrious ? Forgive me please I do not see an option. The only 2 was exhausted - yes they need rest ^^

Actually, I did. I just stole my first worker from the Khmers.:D I'm building for a second one.

To actually answer Your question there is no commerce in the equation so erase that. hammer + food is simple hammer + food for worker .... and there is a posibility that I am insane :D

Why did I put commerce? If your not EXPansive and you're building a worker, where should you place the working tile? [+3:food:+1:commerce:] or [+3:hammers:]?

Got it?;)

I have worlbuilded a bit but don't mind that ;) and it seems that 1:food:+4:hammers: is exactly the same as 2:food:+3:hammers: The difference is however that the city tile (do not know why) does not counts in the food production calculation because city tile+worked tile should give the sum of 4 food or 3 food in total and it seems that hammers alwyas add up so when You work a tile with more hammers You will get Your worker faster - puzzle solved ;)

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 22.JPG
    22.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 63
hmm maybe actually it is not so solved ... farmed grassland gives 3 food and forested hill plains gives 3 hammers 3+1(city) hammers gives the same turn ratio as 3 food I need to run more tests sorry for my stupidity ;)

oh and expansive trait and it was solved already .... sorry :mischief:

hmm maybe actually it is not so solved ... farmed grassland gives 3 food and forested hill plains gives 3 hammers 3+1(city) hammers gives the same turn ratio as 3 food I need to run more tests sorry for my stupidity ;)

oh and expansive trait and it was solved already .... sorry :mischief:

There is no mystery. You're not stupid, just starting to view the micro under a new light. That's actually a good attitude.

I was hoping you ask why you're a despot: it's simply you are asking why you miss 2 :food: in your calculations: well, citizens are fed with something right? This is how Kazakhstan treats its citizens...:sad:

After the feeding of citizens (2:food: per citizen), all remaining food is converted into hammers and added to the hammers output. BUT food converted into hammers are not considered for EXP leaders, just to point out the difference.

If you change a plot that is being worked from one that is 2:food: + 1:hammers: to one that is 3:hammers: there is another issue. If your people were eating that food they are now starving, but you will get the worker out faster - the worked plot was just giving 1:hammers: towards the worker (since only excess food is converted, but there wasn't any) but now it is giving 3:hammers:. In effect you are stealing food from the storage used to make the population grow and converting it to production. It's a form of deficit spending, like deficit research - instead of turning gold into research it is turning food into production.

I was hoping you ask why you're a despot: it's simply you are asking why you miss 2 :food: in your calculations: well, citizens are fed with something right? This is how Kazakhstan treats its citizens...:sad:

oh of course ! I tend to forget about that I have to eat sometimes too ;) no food-hammer conversion for exp leaders makes sense now thanks ;)

If you change a plot that is being worked from one that is 2:food: + 1:hammers: to one that is 3:hammers: there is another issue. If your people were eating that food they are now starving, but you will get the worker out faster - the worked plot was just giving 1:hammers: towards the worker (since only excess food is converted, but there wasn't any) but now it is giving 3:hammers:. In effect you are stealing food from the storage used to make the population grow and converting it to production. It's a form of deficit spending, like deficit research - instead of turning gold into research it is turning food into production.

Thanks for this good explanation.

Anyone know if it's possible to make someone capitulate through only naval action?

Anyone know if it's possible to make someone capitulate through only naval action?

Capitulation is collecting enough war success: 40 points.

If you can kill boats via offense 10 times, then you got 40 points and capitulation. But beware that other type of capitulation denials exist like the AI feeling to be stronger than 2/3 the averaging power of all players.

On defense, each win worth 3 points of war success.
On offense, that was 4 points of war success per shot down navy.

Navy cargo is completely overlooked in war success mechanics.

Hi.

A question: does anyone work when does the healing work? What is the timing for it?

Is it in the end of the turn? Or beginning? My doubt is if a stack is attacked does the healing work before the attack or after it?

Hi.

A question: does anyone work when does the healing work? What is the timing for it?

Is it in the end of the turn? Or beginning? My doubt is if a stack is attacked does the healing work before the attack or after it?

Sadly, the healing process comes just after IBT (in between turn: AI's round). So if an AI comes after your stack, the stack won't get its fill of sexy nurses.

That does not seem fair. When are the AI's units healed?

Sadly, the healing process comes just after IBT (in between turn: AI's round). So if an AI comes after your stack, the stack won't get its fill of sexy nurses.
So what you are saying it's that it takes place at the beginning of our turn (after AI move and before we move)... is that it?

Top Bottom