Quick Modding Questions Thread

My perspective changed when using the BUG MOD. I get the normal view without the MOD loaded.

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG

This is with the perspective changed.

Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

How do I get back my original views?

How can I make an AI or Barbarian unit sit still on the BTS worldbuilder, as if its feet were nailed to the floor? I can make a civilian stay in a city by telling it to UNITAI_CITY_DEFENCE, but I can't get a sentry to stand on a chokepoint in no man's land.

Make a sentry promotion that gives -100 moves and assign to it.

Is there a way to make a gameoption disable declaring wars in the trade screen? There's this FFH2 scenario where you aren't supposed to be in control of your declarations of war, but this is a huge hole in it.

Is there a way to make a gameoption disable declaring wars in the trade screen? There's this FFH2 scenario where you aren't supposed to be in control of your declarations of war, but this is a huge hole in it.

I don't think it is possible as the diplomacy screen is done in the exe. There was a project that started early this year to replace it so that the screen would be moddable but it never went anywhere.

I don't think it is possible as the diplomacy screen is done in the exe. There was a project that started early this year to replace it so that the screen would be moddable but it never went anywhere.
You cannot control how things get drawn, but you can control which options are available. Declaring war is disabled in a number of states (such as peace treaties), you can easily add another in the C++ source.

Question:

How can I remove specific air combat missions on a unit.

For example: I have a fighter unit that I want to only be able to do the "recon" mission. How can I go about removing the bombard and attack missions?

if you set airbomb to 0 the bombard mission is gone. donno if you can do the same for airstrength and strike missions, which leaves the recon only. Iirc I did something similar with my old Spy-Satellites for RoM, so it is doable.

Thank you, setting iAirCombat to 0 did the trick. Much appreciated.

I want to know if it would be possible to access civ 4's map graphics on a programming scale. As in getting what it is rendering and using it. I need to get both the actual textures being displayed and preferably the topology or depth of what is being shown. The hope of this is to pretty much use civ 4's randomly generated maps in ck2.

I can't seem to be able to find where it is defined that power gives a city a +50% production bonus. Would anyone know how to change this (I'm also disappointed that it isn't building-specific, as far as I can see; it'd be nice to let a bunch of buildings yield different things if they have power)?

I think it is building specific. It looks like it can modify yields, which I am not sure if I knew that at one point or not! It is underneath yield modifiers in the factory I think this is it? (it isn't in the wiki though as far as I could see).

<PowerYieldModifiers>
<iYield>0</iYield>
<iYield>50</iYield>
<iYield>0</iYield>
</PowerYieldModifiers>

... I knew it. I knew I remembered something like that - hence the bracketed part of my post...

No wonder I couldn't find it; I never thought to check the Factory, as the tooltip of the Coal Plant says +50% production with power. At least, I think it said that... Well, thank you!

Considering that the below doesn't work, I assume there is no way (besides Python or SDK) to allow a building to be built an infinite amount of times in one city?

Code:
		<BuildingClassInfo>
			<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_GOLD</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_BUILDING_GOLD</Description>
			<iMaxGlobalInstances>-1</iMaxGlobalInstances>
			<iMaxTeamInstances>-1</iMaxTeamInstances>
			<iMaxPlayerInstances>-1</iMaxPlayerInstances>
			<iExtraPlayerInstances>-1</iExtraPlayerInstances>
			<bNoLimit>1</bNoLimit>
			<bMonument>0</bMonument>
			<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_GOLD</DefaultBuilding>
			<VictoryThresholds/>
		</BuildingClassInfo>

Are there any mods that put a limit to stacks? If not, is it simple to edit (like xml)? What limit would you suggest?

Top Bottom