Quick Questions and Answers

Are you playing shuffle? This is not a rule for random maps, but related to civ's geography. Are you trying to play with a civ that has biased start?

I'm currently playing Pangea Plus with Mongols. Usually, the starting position is in accord with the bias, but around 6 tiles away from it there's a big desert. It makes pulling additional cities somewhat troublesome.

Sorry, guys, but i have one question that probably was asked too many times, but I cant find it here.

What other mods (besides one that changes UI) does not affect achievements - makes them possible? I would like to try one that does better job to map creation than vanilla (like perfect world) but i think that all mods i saw on the steam workshop disables achievements.

I have BNW with all dlcs, updated and all.

Thanks!

None. The only reason the EUI doesn't block achievements is that it is built and installed as a DLC, not a mod.

Thanks. I saw that in description for EUI and hoped that some other mod can be done in similar maner.

I usually play continents , pangea, terra and archipelago and their plus versions, but perfect world had best maps IMHO. Mainy because of the rivers.
Too bad achievements doesn't work for it. :(

Does any of the additional maps that came with dlc have improved map creation scripts that are similar to PW? Except plus versions of a dew maps, i didn't have a chance to play them.

:scout:

I was playing on Epic speed all the time, but today, tried Quick and I think Quick speed is far more better for CV. Is that true?

The culture you get from killed barbarian units doesn't change, culture you get from CS' doesn't change, culture you get from buildings doesn't change but You need 15 culture to get policy on Quick while you need 75 on Marathon speed.

So, that would be great, if an experienced player correct me if I'm wrong. :)

One more question if you guys don't mind.

I haven't try "Interfaith Dialogue" before until today. But, for people who have problem to catch science of AI on Immortal difficulty, it's probably the best choice. But I have a question about that.

The city you want to convert, have -lets say- 12 A religion follower and you want to convert them to B religion. In your every try, you gonna get 120 science bonus. The question is; is this changes by game speed? I tried Interfaith Dialogue on Quick Speed and I want to know if I try that on Epic Speed, will I get higher science boost because of slower speed or same.

Thank you. :)

Don't know whether the Interfaith Dialogue benefit (10 beakers for every follower of another religion in your target city at Standard) varies by game speed, but if you still got 10 beakers per follower on Quick (12 followers x 10 beakers = 120), it probably does not vary by game speed.

More importantly, you really don't want to convert any followers to your religion -- once they convert, you can't get any further ID benefit from that city. See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=521446#sciencebeliefs

Thank you, Sir Browd. So, on Quick Speed, we have advantages, no?

Because, for example I'm researching 'Horseback riding' and I used ID on a city which has 10 A religion followers to boost my tech. On Quick Speed 'Horseback riding' requires 70 Science but on Marathon it requires 315.

City size is halfed when you capture city. Is it always so because I have sometimes taken cities with population of 20 and after capture they are like size 5. Those have all been coastal cities and I have captured them with naval units. So is it different when you capture coastal city with naval unit?

City size is halfed when you capture city. Is it always so because I have sometimes taken cities with population of 20 and after capture they are like size 5. Those have all been coastal cities and I have captured them with naval units. So is it different when you capture coastal city with naval unit?

There is no mechanical difference between taking a city with a naval melee unit vs land melee unit.

I've read somewhere that Culture from terrain provided by Pantheons (God of Open Sky, etc) can be converted to Tourism later with Hotels and Airports, provided the tile is improved. Is that true?

What about the Culture from Wine and Incense given by a Monastery?

I've read somewhere that Culture from terrain provided by Pantheons (God of Open Sky, etc) can be converted to Tourism later with Hotels and Airports, provided the tile is improved. Is that true?

What about the Culture from Wine and Incense given by a Monastery?

It's true but they have to have improvement like plantation

Hello Folks,

My sister, brother-in-law, friend, and I play BNW every week. We play on Quick, Immortal, Pangea+, 12 Civs, 35 City States, Medieval start. My sister usually pulls ahead early on when she is either the first, or, at worst, the third Civ to form a religion. She'll stay on top for about, oh, I'd say 20 turns...then she starts to fade away.

I think the large part of the issue is that we are not sure what having a religion, especially an early lead because of grabbing one first, actually does for victory in the game. In other words, if you have religion as your strong suit, what victory conditions should you be gunning for? What themes should you ride in your game to take advantage of the religion strength?

Thanks for any help!

I didn't know if I should have posted this question here or in the main lobby.

Please inform.

Regards,

Marc

Hello Folks,

My sister, brother-in-law, friend, and I play BNW every week. We play on Quick, Immortal, Pangea+, 12 Civs, 35 City States, Medieval start. My sister usually pulls ahead early on when she is either the first, or, at worst, the third Civ to form a religion. She'll stay on top for about, oh, I'd say 20 turns...then she starts to fade away.

I think the large part of the issue is that we are not sure what having a religion, especially an early lead because of grabbing one first, actually does for victory in the game. In other words, if you have religion as your strong suit, what victory conditions should you be gunning for? What themes should you ride in your game to take advantage of the religion strength?

Thanks for any help!

I didn't know if I should have posted this question here or in the main lobby.

Please inform.

Regards,

Marc

If the question about religion if for when playing them in a MP game, you'll get better advice in the Multiplayer forum as optimum tactics are considerably different than single player. http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=406

Since I am getting no response here, I'll go ask the question in the main forum. I may need to reword it so that "MP" doesn't come up.

Marc

It's true but they have to have improvement like plantation

Well that's great. I'll try getting Wine next time I play France. Can't talk about the country without talking about Wines :D .

About the Monastery though, is the Culture converted to Tourism as long as you built Plantations? If so, then with either Goddess of Festivals or Oral Tradition a Wine tile would be worth as much Tourism as a Great Work! That would be big help since Chateaus are not as spammable as Brazilwood Camps nor can they match Moai output. :)

Well that's great. I'll try getting Wine next time I play France. Can't talk about the country without talking about Wines :D .

About the Monastery though, is the Culture converted to Tourism as long as you built Plantations? If so, then with either Goddess of Festivals or Oral Tradition a Wine tile would be worth as much Tourism as a Great Work! That would be big help since Chateaus are not as spammable as Brazilwood Camps nor can they match Moai output. :)

Monasteries and goddess of festivals improve the yield on improved wine and incense tiles by 1 culture and 1 faith each, but you would need to get hotels and airports in the city working those tiles to convert culture on the terrain to tourism. hotels and airports convert 50% culture to tourism respectively and also increase tourism from great works by 50% each. All this means you can get up to 4 tourism out of a great work because it has base 2 tourism, and 2 tourism from each wine/incense.

Goddess of Festivals provides culture and faith even for unimproved wine and incense tiles but won't provide tourism unless improved.

Top Bottom