Quick Questions and Answers

Do I need a 64-bit system or a 32 would do?
It works on 32-bit systems although the "recommended" memory is 4GB so 64-bit is probably preferred. See Official System Requirements

What is the trade route yield equation again?
Assuming it hasn't changed in patches, the base yield from a city is Size*1.25 (the size is that city only; the capital size doesn't matter.) See Trade Route Formula Explained

Missing food - I have "missing" food production from the city center tile in two of my cities. Both cities were handed over during peace negotiations and both show up as being "occupied." The one city that I actually captured is also still showing up as "occupied" (although the courthouse will be done soon) but it's city center food production is being counted, as are all of my natively founded cities. I have enough extra happiness that my civ is net "happy" so no global food penalty.

Thoughts?
Check out the following bug report topic and see if it matches your situation: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=383929 If so, feel free to post there with the details; if not, consider making a new bug report.

Civilization V is designed as a 32-bit game so I assume it will use no more than 1.7 GB of memory, even on 64-bit Windows on which 32-bit processes in theory could use up to 4 GB of memory.

The 4 GB recommendation is to reserve enough memory for the operating system, disk cache, and to run other applications, like a web browser for reading civfanatics.com at the same time. It implies a 64-bit operating system since in practice 32-bit Windows cannot access more than 3 GB.

2 GB is a realistic minimum on 32-bit Windows but expect it to run only well on minimum settings and smaller maps.

On Windows XP 32-bit with 3 GB it will run fine.

On Windows 7 32-bit with 3 GB it will probably run slightly less since Windows 7 uses more memory than Windows XP.

On Windows 7 64-bit with 4 GB or more memory it will run better despite Windows 7 64-bit uses even more memory because the extra memory that is available because of 64-bit allows for a larger disk cache and fewer pages from and to disk.

If you are planning to buy a new computer, be sure to get Windows 7 64-bit and at least 8 GB of memory. Windows 7 will be perform better with 8 GB, even if you don't run programs with large memory requirements. Also if you have the cash, consider buy it with a 60-120 GB SSD (and a cheap larger hard disk for storage) instead of just a large hard disk.

Is there a list of all Leader War and Peace track song titles?
I found one for Peace over at 2k Games forum, but not one for the War titles.

Also, the one over there did not include the DLC faction titles for Peace.

This may be a dumb question,but when you set the victory conditions to domination only does the ai act more agressive&tech up their military?

Hi guys, very much the Civilisation novice. How do I attack another country now that I can't stack units and create a strong army as in the old Civ games?

Hi guys, very much the Civilisation novice. How do I attack another country now that I can't stack units and create a strong army as in the old Civ games?

Basically, defend your ranged units with other units. Some people say make war, destroy what then send against you before attacking. decide which city you want to take and move your units toward it, making sure that as many ranged units are within range of the city as possible. Bombard it and then attack it.

How do you view the happiness of an AI civ? trade screen somewhere?

The only way I know is to wait until a historian does the Happiest People of the World (People who like to smile the most?). Then it gives you a number that is their surplus happiness.

(Anyone???) Steath bombers do not have a HEAL option in cities. Is this a bug? I keep having to hit space bar to heal.

So far, all the new resources that are revealed spawn in unclaimed territory. I've stopped expanding, and even developing tiles, so that Aluminum and Uranium can have a place to spawn that I can access them. When Oil spawned it didn't even appear on my continent, and I didn't find it anywhere inside of a civ's borders. Will the same happen with Aluminum and Uranium?

Two questions:

1. Once a mod is installed and selected from the Mod Browser, is there a way to confirm, from inside the game, that it is enabled?

2. Once a mod is selected, does it have to be selected again each time you start a new game, or is it always enabled until it is un-checked in the Mod Browser?

So far, all the new resources that are revealed spawn in unclaimed territory. I've stopped expanding, and even developing tiles, so that Aluminum and Uranium can have a place to spawn that I can access them. When Oil spawned it didn't even appear on my continent, and I didn't find it anywhere inside of a civ's borders. Will the same happen with Aluminum and Uranium?

This is just bad luck I think. In the games I've played so far revealed resources certainly show up within my existing territory so I don't see any evidence that the chances of having accessible strategic resources are affected by claimed territory.

To be honest, I've always assumed that the position of all resources is determined when the map is generated originally and that it's simply a question of whether you can see them or not. You've made me wonder now :)

Is it possible to receive gifts from AI friends? I mean can I ever ask them to give me gold? They ask me stuff all the time and if I refuse, there is a penalty, but whenever I try to ask something, they never agree... WTH!? :mad:

Two questions:

1. Once a mod is installed and selected from the Mod Browser, is there a way to confirm, from inside the game, that it is enabled?

2. Once a mod is selected, does it have to be selected again each time you start a new game, or is it always enabled until it is un-checked in the Mod Browser?

1. I don't think there is an in-game "mod list." You would have to determine whether your mod is loaded based on in-game behavior, stat changes in the 'pedia, or similar means.

2. The mod list saves the settings of which mods are enabled until you uncheck them. Keep in mind that you have to start a game from the mod menu to play with mods, not from the opening, main menu.

This is just bad luck I think. In the games I've played so far revealed resources certainly show up within my existing territory so I don't see any evidence that the chances of having accessible strategic resources are affected by claimed territory.

To be honest, I've always assumed that the position of all resources is determined when the map is generated originally and that it's simply a question of whether you can see them or not. You've made me wonder now :)

All resource locations are determined when you start the game. You can confirm this by saving your map and opening it in the map editor.

Is it possible to receive gifts from AI friends? I mean can I ever ask them to give me gold? They ask me stuff all the time and if I refuse, there is a penalty, but whenever I try to ask something, they never agree... WTH!? :mad:

It is theoretically possible to get the AI to give you stuff. If you are powerful enough you can occasionally extort gold or resources as tribute. And if another civ likes you enough, they will occasionally agree to small requests. If they refuse it does invoke a relations hit though, and they almost never say yes so in practice it's not worth it.

You're right! Aluminum spawned almost directly beside a couple cities. Just bad luck with oil.

Hey all! I'm both new to Civ 5 and the forums but hopefully I'll get better at this mind breaking strategic game little by little. My first question might not be that relevant but I can't stop thinking about it so I thought someone might know more than me, here goes:

Since I'm new to the Civ community (this is my first Civ game) I'm not sure if this are standards/traditions or anything else that I'm just not used to. You see, whenever I want to finnish my turn and click on the "next turn" button there's always another button there IF I have forgotten to do something, like "a unit needs orders", or "adopt policy" etc. I thank for that or else I would be angry with myself if I would have forgotten to do something. Therefore I love this function. However, when one of my cities gets invaded by an enemy I get to click on a reticule mark and be able to bombard them from my city (if they are in range that is), right? But how come that that button (which I haven't found a good word for) isn't stopped by the "next turn" button? I've forgotten to defend my cities several times because I am in fact able to press "next turn" even when I haven't completed every task I'm able to, like bombard invading enemies. My question is: how come? Is this a bug or is there a good reason I'm not notified if I've forgotten to bombard the enemy, defending my city?

I hope you understand what I'm trying to ask. Happy new year!

Hey all! I'm both new to Civ 5 and the forums but hopefully I'll get better at this mind breaking strategic game little by little. My first question might not be that relevant but I can't stop thinking about it so I thought someone might know more than me, here goes:

Since I'm new to the Civ community (this is my first Civ game) I'm not sure if this are standards/traditions or anything else that I'm just not used to. You see, whenever I want to finnish my turn and click on the "next turn" button there's always another button there IF I have forgotten to do something, like "a unit needs orders", or "adopt policy" etc. I thank for that or else I would be angry with myself if I would have forgotten to do something. Therefore I love this function. However, when one of my cities gets invaded by an enemy I get to click on a reticule mark and be able to bombard them from my city (if they are in range that is), right? But how come that that button (which I haven't found a good word for) isn't stopped by the "next turn" button? I've forgotten to defend my cities several times because I am in fact able to press "next turn" even when I haven't completed every task I'm able to, like bombard invading enemies. My question is: how come? Is this a bug or is there a good reason I'm not notified if I've forgotten to bombard the enemy, defending my city?

I hope you understand what I'm trying to ask. Happy new year!

Fisrst off, welcome to CFC [party]:band:[party]

That iritates me as well, of all the things you do not want to forget to do before pressing next turn using these free bombards are pretty important. I am not sure it would be called a bug, but I do not think there is a good reason for it either.

Top Bottom