Quick Questions and Answers

What about worker turns?
Estimation is off by 1 turn in vanilla.

When you start a farm for example it says 6 turns, next turn it says 4.

Has that been fixed in BNW?

What about worker turns?
Estimation is off by 1 turn in vanilla.

When you start a farm for example it says 6 turns, next turn it says 4.

Has that been fixed in BNW?

This was fixed in the (Fall?) Patch.

... And what a relief it was! :goodjob:

Looking forward to that.

And last Vanilla to expansion question.

Do 'free' great people from social policies still increase your GP pool size? (they aren't all that free)

I quit playing before the last fall patch. What were the big changes and how did they affect immortal and deity play? Or a link to something like that :).

I took an interest in figuring out the city connection gold bonus, and when it makes sense to invest in roads for the connection. I'm not understanding the tooltip that displays when calculating the amount. It says "-1 base :c5gold: Gold per route" and then "1.1 :c5gold: Gold per :c5citizen: Citizen"

In the example above, Braga has 2 :c5citizen: Citizens, so I'm basically getting 2 :c5gold: Gold for the route. The "-1 base" doesn't seem to have an effect. What is it supposed to be and what "route" is it talking about?

As a side note, I could have sworn that the total city connection amount showed 1.25 when the connection was first created, which made sense with the tooltip.

EDIT: I believe I did see the total go down when the city was created, and now I'm seeing the same whenever the city grows, and only for that turn.

How do I airlift units? i have an airport in my capital and an airport in a small city on another continent. I have a bomber in my capital that i'm trying to move to the the small city on the other continent. I don't see any airlift icons. I tried the rebase icon, but I wasn't able to move it. Help!

The airport-to-airport airlift function only works for land units.

Air units have to be rebased the old-fashioned way, by hopping from the originating city to another city within the air unit's range, and then onward to another city in range until the air unit gets to the desired destination.

The only way to transport air units to a city that's too far to rebase is to build an aircraft carrier. They're nice to have anyway.

I took an interest in figuring out the city connection gold bonus, and when it makes sense to invest in roads for the connection. I'm not understanding the tooltip that displays when calculating the amount. It says "-1 base :c5gold: Gold per route" and then "1.1 :c5gold: Gold per :c5citizen: Citizen"

In the example above, Braga has 2 :c5citizen: Citizens, so I'm basically getting 2 :c5gold: Gold for the route. The "-1 base" doesn't seem to have an effect. What is it supposed to be and what "route" is it talking about?

The formula given is incomplete:
append to it "plus (capital citizens * 0.15)"

... and it should come out right every time (it does for me).

(Lisbon's 8 * 0.15) + (Braga's 4 * 1.1) -1 = 4.6

Another question: What are the mechanics for terrace farms? Some of mine have one food, others have two or three. I've seen scren shots, and they have four (before fertilizer). Does anyone know how teh food is determined?

Another question: What are the mechanics for terrace farms? Some of mine have one food, others have two or three. I've seen scren shots, and they have four (before fertilizer). Does anyone know how teh food is determined?

Terrace Farm food output depends mainly on the number of mountains immediately adjacent to the terrace farm, plus ordinary farm bonuses (Civil Service and Fertilizer, as applicable).

The formula given is incomplete:
append to it "plus (capital citizens * 0.15)"

... and it should come out right every time (it does for me).

(Lisbon's 8 * 0.15) + (Braga's 4 * 1.1) -1 = 4.6

Ah, thanks. Seems like the math was never working out. Plus I do remember reading that the capital's population played a role, which your complete formula supports.

Guess my question is reduced to why the sum of the city connections doesn't add up in my second screenshot (reproduced below). This seems to happen when there's city growth involved and goes back to normal the next turn. When doing the math, I'm only getting the 3.5:c5gold:. Since we're off by exactly 1.1:c5gold:, I'm guessing the city-specific number updates the turn of growth, but the total the next turn. Looks like a minor bug, or am I missing something?

I have a quick question about the liberty social policy. I see that representation gives a decrease in culture cost increase by 33%. Does this apply to all cities? Or only the new cities that are founded?

All cities, retroactive.

If your next policy costs 1000 culture and you have 10 cities on a large map (10%), the policy cost will probably be 2000 or 1900 (don't know if the capital increases the culture cost).

Once you take representation the cost should go down to 1600 or 1666 culture.

I found that it is usually enough to offset the cost of 1 policy. As in, current one costs 500, you take representation and the next one costs 500 as well.

Has city blocking been addressed in the expansions? (where you surround a friendly city, preventing an attacker from being able to take the city, since they can't pass through)

I upgraded from Vanilla to Brave New World yesterday and I'm still playing through my first game. Science victory was my 'go to' victory condition in Vanilla so that was the way I intended to win, but that changed when I saw the production times for the spaceship parts... SS booster is going to take nearly 40 turns (in my capital)! That's crazy, it took me like 10-20 turns to do that in Vanilla. Is my production just crap, or did they increase the hammers needed by a massive amount? I also find it quite annoying that aluminium is needed to create these parts now... none of my five citys have a aluminium source so I would have to rely on city states trading with other civs.

Guess I'll just go for the diplomatic victory, it seems like that's going to be far quicker at this point...

Top Bottom