Quick Questions and Answers

How are map types ordered with regards to alien hostility/friendliness ?

Aliens and their hostility can vary from Biome type. Look at the tooltip on screenshots.
Primordial biome has an Alien Opinion Sensitivity +50%.
That means Primordial Aliens will get same hostility if you kill 2 of them, as other biome Aliens will get from killing 3 of them.

Spoiler Biome tooltip :

Is it possible to play in an all land or all sea map ?

There is two maps for "all land" playing. With option "Bodies of Water" you can choose number of water from a ~12 tiles sized seas to the few drops of it.
Spoiler Eridani and Skirmish :

There is also a map for "all sea" playing. Called "Tiny Islands".
Spoiler Tiny Islands :

There's titanium on the site I want to build an aquatic city on, would I lose its benefit by building an outpost on or moving my aquatic city on it ?

Shall I just keep my aquatic city/outpost away from it ?

There's titanium on the site I want to build an aquatic city on, would I lose its benefit by building an outpost on or moving my aquatic city on it ?

Building a city on resource will destroy it.
Moving a city on a tile with resource keep it safe.

Always build your outposts in shallow water, adjacent to the resource. Your worker can improve it, even before the outpost grows into a city. As @Protok St wrote, settling on the resource will destroy it and moving onto it, after you have improved it, is safe.

I usually move my aquatic cities once, to gain additional tiles for the production cost of moving the city. I may not move them more than once, if I can buy a resource tile for less than 100 energy. Moving the city means its production is tied up, not making (say) a naval unit.

Always build your outposts in shallow water, adjacent to the resource. Your worker can improve it, even before the outpost grows into a city. As @Protok St wrote, settling on the resource will destroy it and moving onto it, after you have improved it, is safe.

I usually move my aquatic cities once, to gain additional tiles for the production cost of moving the city. I may not move them more than once, if I can buy a resource tile for less than 100 energy. Moving the city means its production is tied up, not making (say) a naval unit.

Must I improve the resource before moving my city onto the tile to have its full benefits after I moved my city ?

Must I improve the resource before moving my city onto the tile to have its full benefits after I moved my city ?
Yes. One needs to improve any resource -- especially strategic resources -- before getting the benefits.

Is a carrier considered a melee ship? In my current game, I just had an AI send a carrier as part of its attack group for a coastal city. It didn't seem to have any aircraft stationed on it.

Is this just an example of the AI not knowing how to use air assets properly? Or could the carrier have attacked my city somehow?

Is a carrier considered a melee ship? In my current game, I just had an AI send a carrier as part of its attack group for a coastal city. It didn't seem to have any aircraft stationed on it.

Is this just an example of the AI not knowing how to use air assets properly? Or could the carrier have attacked my city somehow?
I do not know exactly, but maybe he prepare it for rebase air force.

Well, it didn't last long. He moved it so close to my coastline, both my artillery and planes could reach it. One turn, bottom of the ocean. :ar15::devil:

Interestingly enough, I believe the only way to level a carrier is to let it get attacked repeatedly. Luckily the Purity and Supremacy versions make good meat shields.

I'm not suggesting the AI was trying to level his carrier, but you never know... :assimilate:

Interestingly enough, I believe the only way to level a carrier is to let it get attacked repeatedly. Luckily the Purity and Supremacy versions make good meat shields.

I'm not suggesting the AI was trying to level his carrier, but you never know... :assimilate:
I've received an affinity buff for my carriers. I've never tried letting them be attacked to build up experience.
Are there more affinity buffs to try for? If one is able to max out the affinity, can the carrier be raised to level 3?

But, thinking your idea through to the next step, what would I use that experience for?
The "sword" promotion doesn't make sense, unless it somehow applies to the planes that are based on the carrier.
And I wouldn't need the "heal" promotion if it wasn't attacked in the first place.

Good question. I'm not sure if the attack bonus would apply to aircraft.
I've never paid attention to if the bonus was different for them. Would make a lot of sense to have their bonus be defense.

So here's a dumb question, which probably has a very obvious answer that I've some how missed; Is there a place on this site (or otherwise related to) for commissioning the creation of a mod for a game? Specifically, this game, mind you...
I'm looking to make a mod which would forbid the AI from being capable of settling water cities/tiles, whilst leaving players fully capable, unhindered in the slightest, to continue utilizing water settling, at their leisure...

So here's a dumb question, which probably has a very obvious answer that I've some how missed; Is there a place on this site (or otherwise related to) for commissioning the creation of a mod for a game? Specifically, this game, mind you...
I'm looking to make a mod which would forbid the AI from being capable of settling water cities/tiles, whilst leaving players fully capable, unhindered in the slightest, to continue utilizing water settling, at their leisure...

Each game has a forum devoted to mods, creative content and customization. In particular, this game has a forum for requesting / suggesting mods https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civbe-requests-and-ideas.510/

That's the good news. The less good news is that I don't see many recent postings there. I'm not sure that the modding community for this game is very active.

Another place to look is the Steam marketplace for this game. They may also have some forums which allow you to request a mod with specific characteristics.

I tried to get the "Ramming Speed" Steam achievement by moving my aquatic city onto an alien (Coral). The city killed the alien, but I didn't get the achievement. Does it have to be an AI unit, not alien? That would require some tricky timing, wouldn't it? Does the "kill" happen on the first turn of the city moving, or the last turn of the move?

Either Coral isn't a good enough alien or it may need to be a nest. Coral are really more neutral since they can't attack.

Either Coral isn't a good enough alien or it may need to be a nest. Coral are really more neutral since they can't attack.

A nest! What a great idea. I would never have thought of that. Will try to do that in my next game as NSA.

Observation from last night's game session --
INTEGR had objected when I starting building the Exodus Gate, so I expected a DOW from her as I got close to finishing it. Earlier in the game, Lena had fought with Hutama and conquered one of his cities; she left it as a puppet, which the AI often do.

After INTEGR declared on me, my navy swept in and sunk her navy. I took two cities, then converged on her capital. I was interested to see if the puppet city would be annexed and become the new capital. Nope. When I took her last real (non-puppet) city, I got the "total defeat" screen. The puppet city was reverted to its original owner, damaged, though it began healing.

Top Bottom