The hybrid language happened to me back when I was too lazy to learn working with Modding Tools and was modding things by manually rewriting and backing up files. I resolved it by simply reverting from the back up which does not seem to be something you could do. Perhaps try to disable mods and test whether that fixed it, provided you have any. If I am not mistaken, it was some weird files with code names that caused it, maybe it's more a matter of cache.

EDIT: Game Folder > Base > Assets. There are files Civ6_<code>. Those were, If I remember correctly, the culprit, although I haven't changed anything in them.

I've been searching for the culprit, and I couldn't even find my Base>Assets folder until I saw a video about how to look them up inside Steam. But now that I've found the Assets folder, all I see is a bunch of files titled with gibberish code, and I have no idea where I would look for language.

Does anyone have any hints as to where I might begin to look to find the culprit that is changing my language on the World Congress, Wonder building description, and Govorner ability description portions of the interface in the game? I was hoping the release of the China Rulers update would fix the problem, but it didn't. I also tried to disable some Mods, but it still has the hybrid language problem showing up.

Pardon me if this is a stupid question: Steam just downloaded a 120MB update for Civ6, and I just can't find the spot where I can read info about what exactly was updated. I can't imagine they would try to keep this a secret, or would they?

Do you have a Youtube screen grab as an example? The only thing I can think of is the one you have to turn on inside the game, but that's actually a setting in the official version and not a mod. It also shows different info than what you're describing, so I don't think I'm thinking of the same one.
Thanks for the response. I ended up finding it. It was called "Happiness and Growth Indicators"

happinessgrowthindicators.jpg

Where can we download this and others leader passes? pls

Pardon me if this is a stupid question: Steam just downloaded a 120MB update for Civ6, and I just can't find the spot where I can read info about what exactly was updated. I can't imagine they would try to keep this a secret, or would they?
See second sentence -

How does the warmonger/diplomatic penalty work? There's a city state in the way centered in the middle of my lands, and I would really like to get rid of it. I have only met 3 other Civs. My northern neighbors are Vietnam and Ethiopia, and they are warring with each other. It seems that Vietnam has the friendliest relations with the city state I'd like to remove. My southern neighbor is Canada, and we are best friends. How should I go about getting this city state out of my way without incurring a huge diplomatic penalty and without becoming a villain in the perspective of the other Civs in the game? (I'd really like to have lots of international trade deals.) I am currently in the middle ages.

How does the warmonger/diplomatic penalty work? There's a city state in the way centered in the middle of my lands, and I would really like to get rid of it. I have only met 3 other Civs. My northern neighbors are Vietnam and Ethiopia, and they are warring with each other. It seems that Vietnam has the friendliest relations with the city state I'd like to remove. My southern neighbor is Canada, and we are best friends. How should I go about getting this city state out of my way without incurring a huge diplomatic penalty and without becoming a villain in the perspective of the other Civs in the game? (I'd really like to have lots of international trade deals.) I am currently in the middle ages.
The only way to reduce grievances directly is to be at war against the same Civ, so that isn't an option in your case. However, you'll only get 50 grievances for conquering a CS. That may be enough for them to sour on you for awhile but the grievances should go away pretty fast. What you should do is declare war on the CS after you've re-upped your friendships and alliances so the grievances should have enough to go away and the temporary loss of opinion won't interfere with your relationships. Make sure that none of the other civs have the City-State Protector agenda because that means conquering a CS might permanently turn them against you since conquering/attacking a CS is a direction violation of that agenda.

The only way to reduce grievances directly is to be at war against the same Civ, so that isn't an option in your case. However, you'll only get 50 grievances for conquering a CS. That may be enough for them to sour on you for awhile but the grievances should go away pretty fast. What you should do is declare war on the CS after you've re-upped your friendships and alliances so the grievances should have enough to go away and the temporary loss of opinion won't interfere with your relationships. Make sure that none of the other civs have the City-State Protector agenda because that means conquering a CS might permanently turn them against you since conquering/attacking a CS is a direction violation of that agenda.
Thanks for the quick reply and good advice! What would be the consequences if I razed the City State to get it totally out of my way? (I'm trying to settle nearby.) Would the penalty be worst?

Thanks for the quick reply and good advice! What would be the consequences if I razed the City State to get it totally out of my way? (I'm trying to settle nearby.) Would the penalty be worst?
The wiki doesn't mention anything but I've never razed a CS so I can't tell you for sure. Unless the CS actually blocks an amazing city location or prevents you from getting an amazing district, I'd just keep. Its a free city after all and CS only build on district so you'll a lot of freedom with how you want to use it.

Are there any Earthquakes in the game? I've played maybe 5-10 games so far, and I've not seen one Earthquake from Gathering Storm. I've seen floods, hurricanes, volcanoes, drought, meteor showers, forrest fires, and tons of coastal submerges, but not a single Earthquake.

Are there any Earthquakes in the game? I've played maybe 5-10 games so far, and I've not seen one Earthquake from Gathering Storm. I've seen floods, hurricanes, volcanoes, drought, meteor showers, forrest fires, and tons of coastal submerges, but not a single Earthquake.
No earthquakes. The only disasters you're missing from your list are sand storms and blizzards.

Thanks. One more question... How do you make a product? I notice the Stock Exchange building has 3 spots for "products". The civlopedia only says the word "product" after each luxury resource, but I don't see anything of how to make a "product" that can be placed inside the stock exchange, or made into any other luxury resource. (I.E. I've seen some other civs offer Blue Jeans and Perfume in the trade screen as a resource.)

Thanks. One more question... How do you make a product? I notice the Stock Exchange building has 3 spots for "products". The civlopedia only says the word "product" after each luxury resource, but I don't see anything of how to make a "product" that can be placed inside the stock exchange, or made into any other luxury resource. (I.E. I've seen some other civs offer Blue Jeans and Perfume in the trade screen as a resource.)
Products are a part of the Monopolies and Corporations game. When you have unlocked "Currency" and have two or more improvements for a given luxury resource, you can use a builder to construct an industry on that resource (you can convert an existing improvement, but you can just build one direct onto an unimproved third resource if you have one, which is obviously a better choice). You can only build 1 industry per luxury resource type (Eg perfume, silk, etc) and only 1 industry can be built in a given city. So if you have city 1 that has two perfume and city 2 that has two perfume and two silk, make sure you put the perfume industry in city 1 and the silk industry in city two. If you put the perfume industry in city 2, it will block you from building a silk industry.

Once an industry is built, you'll get a city project that will grant you a relevant product when completed.

Do you guys think I should settle on the silver? Doing so would move me closer to woods tiles and give me more food and production. But would I lose the gold by settling on the Silver? My primary objective for settling here is to get the Natural Wonder within my borders. But there's a lot of desert and loyalty issues to content with.

Attachments

• civ6 settle spot.jpg
    civ6 settle spot.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 19
settling on the silver doesn't lose you the gold but does bar you from improving it with a mine, or industry if playing the monopolies mode
personally i'd settle right where the settler's already standing, and also move the holy site location up-left two tiles (so its by the oasis) since it'd be equidistant to the city center and frees up the tile you currently have marked to serve as the bottom tile of a national park including all the wonder tiles, as well as allowing you to put a mine over the silver (more production is always good) and keeping you from having to deal with loyalty issues now (and possibly lessening them later since it might be a good while before you can get a lot of population in a desert city)
edit: actually, thinking on it a few seconds longer i suppose it depends on your likelihood to be able to build petra in that city. settling on the silver might be better if you wont be building petra

hey, new player here. how to get Quick Deals mod for non-steam version? i have it on epic but steam workshop download is not possible. i read it makes trading with ai much easier. anyone can help?

Products are a part of the Monopolies and Corporations game. When you have unlocked "Currency" and have two or more improvements for a given luxury resource, you can use a builder to construct an industry on that resource (you can convert an existing improvement, but you can just build one direct onto an unimproved third resource if you have one, which is obviously a better choice). You can only build 1 industry per luxury resource type (Eg perfume, silk, etc) and only 1 industry can be built in a given city. So if you have city 1 that has two perfume and city 2 that has two perfume and two silk, make sure you put the perfume industry in city 1 and the silk industry in city two. If you put the perfume industry in city 2, it will block you from building a silk industry.

Once an industry is built, you'll get a city project that will grant you a relevant product when completed.

To make a corperation, do you need a commercial hub in the city with a stock exchange, or will a Seaport work too? And is a great merchant required to make one?

I've made a bunch of industries but I still haven't figured out how to make a product because the city project for it never becomes available in the city.

To make a corperation, do you need a commercial hub in the city with a stock exchange, or will a Seaport work too? And is a great merchant required to make one?

I've made a bunch of industries but I still haven't figured out how to make a product because the city project for it never becomes available in the city.
Many different questions in the same sentence 😁

You CAN create a corporation as soon as you have 1) an industry already established and 2) control of at least 3 occurence of that luxury ! And yes, you have to use a Great Merchant to do so

After that, if you want to have the ´create product’ project become available, you will need to have space available for said products, and those exists only in seaports or in stock exchange. So build at least one of those.

Good luck

Recently I met more often barbarian men-at-arms around turn 40 on standard speed, although I had excluded the "usual suspects" from the game (Babylon, Gaul, Korea and some others). Is it still true, that barbs can only spawn units that can be built by at least one AI civ in the game? Or has this been changed in one of the last undocumented updates?

Top Bottom