Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Then it probably was REMOVED already, lol. Not sure why you want to train obsolete units, though.
Actually, I do suspect a reason (increasing MERGING when reaching next Era, or maybe because they're cheaper), but it's a rather "backwards thinking" tactic, lol.

I think NSC is the only exception for this. And that exception is itself a very questionable in-between of "feature" and "bug", given how it's the ONLY unit of that chain to have it.
In most other cases, even much better Cultural units almost always are NOT better than the newer versions.
Sure, there ARE exceptions (some Cultural Melee units have TWO movement points, which is lost when Upgrading to newer "common" Melee units), but these are rather rare cases.
As far as raw Strength goes, newer units usually are still better anyways.

Why i want to train obsolete units.. lets consider it a thing of a personal taste :) I think ppl should be allowed to play how they want, right?

Simply put, im at the start of a game with the biggest map possible (humungous? i am not sure), the map is full of animals. I have 5 trackers and 3 chasers. I d like to train those 2 remaining chasers, the map is big enough for 20 of them. Additionally, such a large map is simply too large for 3 criminal and 3 strike team class units.

Another instance - entertainer class. Why build bards, when story tellers do the same job (various dance unit rewards) cheaper (faster) ?

And so on.

But as i said, i dont think it should be important why i want it to be possible. I dont see any reason why it should not be.

Major reason that I can think of? Too many units in the City Build screen. It's already getting clogged if you start building Cultures, and you want to add obsolete units as well.
We aren't talking about "keeping Brutes till the end of Prehistory" - you'd end up with Brutes in Atomic Era AS WELL, and that's both ridiculous and SUPER CLOGGING the UI.
There's like a hundred types of Cultural units - and on a big enough map you'd eventually end up with dozens of Cultures, giving you as many units to build, if none ever obsolete.
That's a HELL of clogging, dude.
And that's just Cultural units (meaning, if we allow them alone to never obsolete) - while it'd get 100 times worse with normal units being added as well.
That said, I do see a reasoning to ALLOW this, but... it's much weaker than the reason to NOT ALLOW it, yeah.

I understand that, but an on/off filter (defaultly off) for obsolete units would have been nice :)
Really, I dont see any reason not to have it. Its everyone's own choice, if he wants to have Unit build screen flooded with hundreds of units, let him. Of course, some sort of more elaborate filter woudl be even better, but i understand that would mean too much hassle for almost nothing

It was there before, I think. Not sure why or whether it got removed not too long ago. You should wait for the reply from an actual modder, lol.

Why i want to train obsolete units.. lets consider it a thing of a personal taste :) I think ppl should be allowed to play how they want, right?

Simply put, im at the start of a game with the biggest map possible (humungous? i am not sure), the map is full of animals. I have 5 trackers and 3 chasers. I d like to train those 2 remaining chasers, the map is big enough for 20 of them. Additionally, such a large map is simply too large for 3 criminal and 3 strike team class units.

Another instance - entertainer class. Why build bards, when story tellers do the same job (various dance unit rewards) cheaper (faster) ?

And so on.

But as i said, i dont think it should be important why i want it to be possible. I dont see any reason why it should not be.
Hmm, shouldn't these depend on (starting ?) player density ?

You might also consider playing with the option Disable - National Unit Limits ?

Apparently, they dont.

I did consider that option, but i wanted to have the feeling like those national units are something special. Had i known about not being able to train obsolete units, i could have leant to the other choice. But it would not settle my problem with eg story tellers.
And to change this, i would have to start a new game. I would prefer not to. There is still a very slight hope that its hidden somewhere in the xml, although i am starting to come to terms with the very real possibility that its not

Oh, problems of mere mortals, how puny they are :)

I would want the ability to train obsolete units if they are necessary to complete a quest.

I would want the ability to train obsolete units if they are necessary to complete a quest.
Quests and other Random Events are bugged and should be turned OFF by default.
C2C is way too heavily modded for Quests to make sense more often than not - your request being a good PROOF of that.

Bugged how ? If they're unbalanced, we should try to rebalance them instead...
If a quest requires you to build obsolete units - it means it's clearly not catching up with your much faster tech progress.
That's heavily disbalanced, lol.
Not to mention that C2C has a zillion more building and unit types than Vanilla, so a quest to "build 10 Stables" or to "train 10 Horsemen" looks... laughable.

Quick question: the pedia entry for achievements that can be build by heroes says: "sometimes it is better to wait if you want to build an achievement of an later era". What exactly does this mean? Do the achievements get better if they are build later on? The pedia entry gives no clue that achivements would give a different bonus in later eras.

Quick question: the pedia entry for achievements that can be build by heroes says: "sometimes it is better to wait if you want to build an achievement of an later era". What exactly does this mean? Do the achievements get better if they are build later on? The pedia entry gives no clue that achivements would give a different bonus in later eras.
Probably obsolete info. Most Hero-built stuff now unlocks at the same time (Writing), with only maybe 3 being kept for later.
Unless there's something hiding in the SPACE part of the tech tree, but that's not how it looks from the Pedia.

I figured since an AI city I was attacking was culture level four, it wouldn't autoraze despite being 1 population. Is it the case that culture doesn't have an affect on this mechanic?

I noticed that hunter units can now be merged, whereas this was not possible before. It definitely makes Prehistoric Era easier since a merged Chaser/Tracker has a chance to win against big predators. However, with the 5-unit limit, it means that I can still 3 "big" hunters and 2 "small" hunters as long as I time the construction correctly instead of just 5 "small" hunters, so there really is no downside to doing this merge except for spending a little bit longer building the units.

I noticed that hunter units can now be merged, whereas this was not possible before. It definitely makes Prehistoric Era easier since a merged Chaser/Tracker has a chance to win against big predators. However, with the 5-unit limit, it means that I can still 3 "big" hunters and 2 "small" hunters as long as I time the construction correctly instead of just 5 "small" hunters, so there really is no downside to doing this merge except for spending a little bit longer building the units.
Huh? Interesting. I'm now playing a run that has not enough map space for hunting (40 civs on Duel without One City Limit), but I probably should test it out somehow, lol.

Using C2C_World mapscriipt, I was placed on an oceanlocked 68-tile island with one barb city for company. There's room for seven cities on the whole island.

Is this working as intended?

Top Bottom