• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Quick Questions , Quick Answers

Question...is there any way in BUG to change the Minimum City Distance to 1, please? In game, all I get is 2 to 6. Can't find it in any of the BUG xml files, as well.

Thanks!
You can tweak the available options in "Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Config\RoMSettings.xml" under MinCityDistance
Having cities neighbouring other cities on adjacent tiles is really not recommended.

No, I don't have this option on. I didn't notice where in the options I selected to enable/disable it. I'll start a new game and check again. Thank you!
There was no option there' I started a new game and noticed there's now an option for developing leaders. Never noticed that before. Thank you!

I don’t understand how to get "Build Up" promotions for my units
AI units receive them without problems

I don’t understand how to get "Build Up" promotions for my units
AI units receive them without problems
Select a unit. It will typically have a blue shield and a red shield buttons available. I keep forgetting which is which, but both either let you choose a Build Up promotion, or auto-choose it.
This is how you get them, lol. Though not immediately (they increase turn-by-turn while you keep the unit in one place kinda like Fortified), and it depends on your techs.
I'm actually rather confused about whether these promotions STAY after you choose a different Build Up or move the unit somewhere.

Select a unit. It will typically have a blue shield and a red shield buttons available. I keep forgetting which is which, but both either let you choose a Build Up promotion, or auto-choose it.
This is how you get them, lol. Though not immediately (they increase turn-by-turn while you keep the unit in one place kinda like Fortified), and it depends on your techs.
I'm actually rather confused about whether these promotions STAY after you choose a different Build Up or move the unit somewhere.
Oh I understand the system, thanks for the quick answers

I'm on my second game and in both the AI has crossed a sea and settled a city on my border when we're nowhere near seafaring. Judging from ships and units they're behind me military and navy tech wise and even if I bee-lined seafaring I'd still be around 90 turns away from it. What's going on?

Edit: okay I figured it out. You can travel on the sea if it's in your borders. So both times they were crossing the sea in their border into my coast. This should really go in the wiki. I spent hours trying to figure this out didn't even realize it until I noticed my lobster boat in the capital was in the sea.

Edit 2: ffs they built their third city on a two tile island they used to stage the invasion

Last edited:
I'm on my second game and in both the AI has crossed a sea and settled a city on my border when we're nowhere near seafaring. Judging from ships and units they're behind me military and navy tech wise and even if I bee-lined seafaring I'd still be around 90 turns away from it. What's going on?

Edit: okay I figured it out. You can travel on the sea if it's in your borders. So both times they were crossing the sea in their border into my coast. This should really go in the wiki. I spent hours trying to figure this out didn't even realize it until I noticed my lobster boat in the capital was in the sea.

Edit 2: ffs they built their third city on a two tile island they used to stage the invasion
I'm still contemplating a funny self-challenge to try spreading over the entire Earth map WITHOUT Seafaring (read: via city borders, lol).
Maybe... one day, loool.

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to tell a worker to ignore nearby hostiles while building something, because if there is hostiles hanging around like barbarians they stop what they were doing each turn and ask the player what to do, so you have to remind them to continue every single turn until it's done. It's just tedious if you have ten workers building roads, but it get complicated when your ten workers are building different things and you have to remember each turn what it was.

Not sure if this is the right place, but is there a way in the WB to delete multiple units at once? I just updated to 11630, and the AI players have hundreds of workers slowing the game down. In the WB, I can only delete one at a time, which takes FOREVER.

Thanks!

I vanished into the ether for a few weeks and haven't updated or opened the mod in a while, but I see the SVN changelog has some noise about parallel maps. Is there something big in the works for the full release of v44?

I vanished into the ether for a few weeks and haven't updated or opened the mod in a while, but I see the SVN changelog has some noise about parallel maps. Is there something big in the works for the full release of v44?
Still a long time until multimaps is implemented as a proper well-working gameplay feature, still a long time until v44, but I think the former is further away still.

Last edited:
is there a way in the WB to delete multiple units at once? I just updated to 11630, and the AI players have hundreds of workers slowing the game down. In the WB, I can only delete one at a time, which takes FOREVER.
I second this, there is currently 1528 workers on my map, five of them belong to me and the rest to all AI...There must be a way to delete them all ?

Edit : Found a way to do it in WB.
Go to units+cities, at the top you will see four collapsible menu, the first one let you select a single player, the second one let you chose all players at once if you select "ALL" instead of "Player".
The window to the left is for editing cities, the one to the right is for units.
In my case I needed to delete 1500 Dog workers, so i search for that in the list and selected one of them.
Then in the fourth collapsible menu I select "Type", this show in the list only the type I selected, in this case : workers.
There is a skull icon, top right corner, clic on it to delete all units of the type selected.

Last edited:
To check what's done you can go to assets//modules, open MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls and enable P2K_Multimaps_Test.
You can check MM_CIV4UnitInfos.xml in the P2K_Multimaps_Test folder to see which units have the missions to go to a different map.
Make sure you have the req tech for the missions in CIV4OutcomeInfos (at the bottom).
Switching to a map that is bigger than the initial map still crashes, so start with a larger map.

Top Bottom