quick questions!

NKVD

Cossack
When another civ come to tell you something They didnt like you did you have the choice of ''Get over it'' or ''I'm sorry I settled near your land.....'' or slightly different sentence depending on what you did. Is there any difference between those two ? Any diplomatic modifiers ?

Last game I liberated a capital but upon liberating it I just had the choice between raze ,annex and puppet state... why?

Is there any way to hurry a currently being built object ? sometimes there are 5 turns left but the price is the same as if it was not being built and 65 turns left.

The great Merchants seems to rack up far far far less money as civ 4...1000 golds for a great merchant is ridiculous...Am I doing something wrong or is only great scientist and great engineers are worth aiming at ?

When another civ come to tell you something They didnt like you did you have the choice of ''Get over it'' or ''I'm sorry I settled near your land.....'' or slightly different sentence depending on what you did. Is there any difference between those two ? Any diplomatic modifiers ?

The rude one will incur a harsher penalty. I think the less rude one will not give a diplomatic penalty, but not sure.

Last game I liberated a capital but upon liberating it I just had the choice between raze ,annex and puppet state... why?
Was the civ who's capital it was still alive ingame? I think they have to be removed from the game for liberation to happen. You can still trade it to them via the diplomacy screen, but they won't care all that much.

Is there any way to hurry a currently being built object ? sometimes there are 5 turns left but the price is the same as if it was not being built and 65 turns left.
Not sure I understand you here. The price in hammers/construction increases as the game goes on, so something that's most of the way done in the lategame will still cost more than something in early game. Great engineers can hurry production, but they are only worth using on Wonders. Other than that, switch the city to Production focus, or work more production tiles to decrease the time it takes to build stuff.

The great Merchants seems to rack up far far far less money as civ 4...1000 golds for a great merchant is ridiculous...Am I doing something wrong or is only great scientist and great engineers are worth aiming at ?

Yeah they're not great. I tend to send them on trade missions, the influence you gain with the city state you send them to is often more valuable than the gold. Given the choice, aim for Scientists/Engineers, yes.

The rude one will incur a harsher penalty. I think the less rude one will not give a diplomatic penalty, but not sure.

However, the other civ takes you at your word for the polite "All right, I will stop doing that" response, and will hold it against you if you go back on it. So if you intend to go on settling cities near his borders, for example, you might be better off telling him to pound sand rather than make a promise you don't intend to keep out of politeness.

When i'm speaking of hurrying I was refering to the good old hurry like civ 4 where the total of the hammers already worked towards lets say an opera house reduce the number of gold to hurry it.

in Civ 5 it seems no matter how much hammers you spent, it wont reduce the amount to buy a unit or improvement

Top Bottom