Quot Capita

I've got a problem here. I've downloaded QC 8.0 two times to be sure that my file in not corrupt. I've tried to install it with none, one and both LH packs. Blood effects were in all cases disabled. When ever trying to start the mod it crashed while loading.
Running under Win7 as admin. No problems with other mods. Maybe current language in use is German.

Unfortunately you need to switch to English, sorry about that...

Unfortunately you need to switch to English, sorry about that...

No problem. But I never saw a mod that crashed to desktop while loading because of the language setting. But that is really the problem here. I switched to English before loading and now it is loading fine to the start screen. :)

Time to inspect your stone age. :mischief:

I've got a weird problem - not really a bug I guess, but some guidance may be necessary. I played about six or seven games at version 8 with this mod, really, REALLY liked it, but no civilization - including me - ever got past about about World War 1-level techs by the time it was all over. Playing normal speed (570 turns), Noble.

BTS 3.19, I never had this problem.

I don't mean this to sound offensive, I just don't know a better way to word it.
What's the point of prime timber?

I always get a -bunch- of it on my maps, but I don't really see a use for it.

Hi!

First of all, thanks for a great mod!:)

I experience problems though with the info messages (see attached screenprint). This error messages shows up from first turn and continue every turn. In the log however everything looks good.

Anyone know what to do?

/Björn

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 77
Hi!

First of all, thanks for a great mod!:)

I experience problems though with the info messages (see attached screenprint). This error messages shows up from first turn and continue every turn. In the log however everything looks good.

Anyone know what to do?

/Björn

Either run the game as an administrator, or turn down your UAC. Basically, Vista and Win7 tend to deny access to -everything- unless you either turn off UAC or run it as an admin.

Either run the game as an administrator, or turn down your UAC. Basically, Vista and Win7 tend to deny access to -everything- unless you either turn off UAC or run it as an admin.
The Almighty dF is correct. I had the same problem. Turning off UAC worked for me.

I can't get the Inquisitor to work.

My religion civic is Theocracy but the only thing I can get him to do is to move and sleep. Not many people may get to sleep at work.

Changelog

v8.1
  • corrected installer, now leaderhead packs can be installed separately
  • removed initial requirements from forest and jungle chop, so they should not show at stone age techs
  • no more creation warning for mythological creatures (they now have team limit instead of global)
  • added Slash and Burn actions to workers, and I hope the AI will prefer chop once available
  • bombard cost increased from 80 to 90, and trebuchets now upgrade to cannons only
  • microlith workshop strategy text corrected
  • lumbermill also provides Timber
  • Timber now obsoletes with Industrialism (was Mining)
  • mod version text corrected
  • added TXT_KEY_TECH_DOG_BREEDING_QUOTE
  • Lascaux paint reduced in culture (because of the 1000 years doubles culture effect)
  • Urban Tactics III now correctly requires Urban Tactics II
  • Logistics moved in tech window so now Communism is visible
  • KGB caused anarchy length reduced from golden age lenght / 2 + 1 to golden age length / 3 + 1
  • KGB warning text is now "Agents from Lubyanka are causing anarchy in foreign states!!"
  • added check for prototyping, now correctly notifies only of player's prototypes (edit after upload: probably not good still)
  • blood from fighting gorillas and orangutans reduced to normal proportions
  • increased Prehistoric Music significance for the AI (religion path included)
  • Ishtar Gate now has a chance to contact some not known civs, and increased in cost
  • Ron's maps now start at 100.000 BC, starting era is Prehistoric and techs, gameoptions corrected
  • RAZING_CULTURAL_PERCENT_THRESHOLD increased to 50 (from 25)
  • added tech strategy texts to Ancient Era techs (Sid's tips)

Since the installer for v8.0 was corrupt, you will need to download the full mod to get v8.1. Sorry about this.

Will this version correct archers not being able to do ranged attack? Without it archers are just regular infantry.

avain, thanks for the patch!! :) I assume, it is not savegame compatible, or is it?

You are welcome! Unfortunately I did not try, so I need your report on this. It could even be that it is.

Will this version correct archers not being able to do ranged attack? Without it archers are just regular infantry.

Hmmm, did you try enabling it in the options?

edit: just tried it and it works.

Top Bottom