Race Issue Lingers Over Health Care Debate, With Possible Political Consequences

Whatever you were saying and whatever the reason, you were complaining about black people multiples times within a very short span of time. So, if that means you still love them, then fair enough :lol:

I don't see how I was complaining about black people in general. I was complaining about all(regardless of race) who want to bring racism into things when racism isn't even involved in it and criticize people using racism as an excuse when racism doesn't even have anything to do with it.

I don't see how I was complaining about black people in general. I was complaining about all(regardless of race) who want to bring racism into things when racism isn't even involved in it and criticize people using racism as an excuse when racism doesn't even have anything to do with it.

Yeah, it so happens that all the people you were complaining about (regardless of race) are black or black-loving libruls.

This is actually fairly interesting in that it shows a phenomenon of conservative nutjobs co-opting the issue of racism to show how uppity these minorities are.

You were constructing strawmen in threads where racism was't really being discussed, so perhaps you should be complaining to the mirror.

Yeah, it so happens that all the people you were complaining about (regardless of race) are black or black-loving libruls.

This is actually fairly interesting in that it shows a phenomenon of conservative nutjobs co-opting the issue of racism to show how uppity these minorities are.

You were constructing strawmen in threads where racism was't really being discussed, so perhaps you should be complaining to the mirror.

I'm not using it to attack a political group and use racism as my defense or offence. I was just simply POINTING OUT that there are people who do that, It doesn't matter to me if its a white or black that does it. I think its wrong to throw racism around and use it as a defense or attack against another group. All I was doing was POINTING OUT that there are groups and people that do that, and I don't like that.

If you two still fail to understand my point, I don't know how to better explain it.

You are pointing it out in so many threads that people are seeing you as some sort of a vanilla Al Sharpton.

This is the only thread I made regarding it, and the post in other threads that contained me pointing it out where because it fit the post. Its not like every post I made in other threads contained it and everything I made was making me seem like an Al Sharpton. In fact I don't like Al Sharpton. And one of the post I made you may be referring to was just pointed out how I hate it when people like Al Sharpton use race to attack someone even when it has nothing to do with the issue. That post related to the other post I quoted I believe so i think it was fine.

And the only one accusing me of being a vanilla Al Sharpton seems to be you. Aelf may think that I'm not sure. I do know Aelf is the other one attacking me on this also.

This is the only thread I made regarding it, and the post in other threads that contained me pointing it out where because it fit the post. Its not like every post I made in other threads contained it and everything I made was making me seem like an Al Sharpton. In fact I don't like Al Sharpton. And one of the post I made you may be referring to was just pointed out how I hate it when people like Al Sharpton use race to attack someone even when it has nothing to do with the issue. That post related to the other post I quoted I believe so i think it was fine.

And the only one accusing me of being a vanilla Al Sharpton seems to be you. Aelf may think that I'm not sure. I do know Aelf is the other one attacking me on this also.

It's true, though. I already pointed this out to you: Your other recent OP also brought up racism when it's got nothing to do with the issue.

What Kanye West did was rude, and I don't have a problem with Obama calling him a jackass. If the president was white I wonder how long it would take for him to be called out as a racist though.

I personally think the racism thing is outta control.
If you criticize Obama and his policies, don't gotta wait long till your called out as a racist.

And, you know, we haven't seen you in OT for some time. The minute you're here, you make like 100 posts complaining about black people crying racism and Obama. But I guess maybe you're approaching these things completely scientifically :dunno:

It's true, though. I already pointed this out to you: Your other recent OP also brought up racism when it's got nothing to do with the issue.

And, you know, we haven't seen you in OT for some time. The minute you're here, you make like 100 posts complaining about black people crying racism and Obama. But I guess maybe you're approaching these things completely scientifically :dunno:

Yes, I haven't been in OT for some time but I'm back now.

The point about people would be crying racism if it was a black kid getting beat up by a couple white kids on a mostly white bus while a lot of white kids stand there doing nothing but cheer... I believe is true. I believe there are people(Like Al Sharpton) who would be crying racism because of that. Am I crying racism? No. I don't think the school bus fight was racially motivated, there is no proof it was that I know of. And the article did include race, that's why I commented on it(It was talking about was the fight racially motivated, along with other things in the article.)

I'm going to quit replying to you in this thread because its not getting my anywhere.

I'm only on page 1, but so far no one has pointed out the slightly-less-obvious. The vast bulk of the opposition that Obama gets would be there regardless of racism, BUT the tone would be significantly different without that racial edge.

Whether it is pure dislike of a black president ultimately motivating them to get out there with "Say no to gub'mint healthcare" (among the really whacked-out) signs or actual logical reasoned disagreement with government healthcare, so what? It would seem to be a pretty reasonable parallel with the black vote in the last presidential election - sure some black people voted for him purely on the basis of skin color, but black people generally vote Democrat anyway, so it didn't seem to matter to the media where the actual dividing line was on racism vs policy back then.

Actually, it did matter to the media. At least what I was listening to (mostly NPR). There was a significant amount of discussion about it.

Top Bottom