Radio: Your thoughs on and the future of

:hmm: Odd coincidence, I read about this today...

I doubt radio would cease to exist. Not enough people have iPods and such technology to make the Radio inefficient, including me.

I doubt radio would cease to exist. Not enough people have iPods and such technology to make the Radio inefficient, including me.
Well, that's gonna change. You can't expect people not to adopt new technology.

The radio will always be there as long as there are car radios.

Do those even get AM or FM? I think they're internal speakers.

You're probably right, merely speakers. They use AM and FM though at the source.

I pretty much only listen to a few things on BBC Radio 4. Usually in the car. Although there are certain shows, like The Now show, that I'll use the BBCs online radio player if I missed it when it was broadcast

Radio will keep going on for a long long time I think.

I listen to quite a bit of talk radio, and radio phone ins won't ever be replaced by podcasts because you can't ring up a podcast.

put: " Internet radio " into google :goodjob:

its cool to listen to music from all over the world

terrestial radio is just plain awful save for npr or some other news type programs.

the future lies, imo, in satellite radio where there are less restrictions etc. it's like comparing the old UHF channels on tv to cable. it's a no-brainer.

Radio will always exist, I like listening to sport talk shows, music (when I get tired of my iPod) and the news while driving. Radio is important in emergency situations like earthquakes and stuff. Plus it's inexpensive.

94.1 Free FM, Opie and Anthony Mornings and Kidd Chris Afternoons. These are the funniest shows I have ever heard.

Consider work? How can you view a medium and work? You can listen to a medium and work though.

99.1 was so good. I went to every festival from the first to the last.
98 rock is okay
DC 101 is okay

WRNR was the greatest ever.

I stoped listening to the radio around 1998

Untill the ska wave crashes on shore I could care less about terestrial radio. XM/Syrus is the future.

DC 101 annoys me because of Elliot in the Morning. He has one good moment a month, and the station acts like he's the funniest thing to hit the Earth.

I love radio. I think I own about 6, plus the internet. It's a spontaneous thing, no messing around with downloads or the rest. Plus, a decent radio is virtually indestructible, fairly cheap to buy and costs pence to run. Nothing like an ipod.

Very handy things in the workplace, particularly for talk shows that every colleague can get into arguments about, or music stations that everyone can all complain about the DJ :D

I rarely listen to them anywhere else, though my one did suddenly come back to life for the World Cup.

Top Bottom