Random Events list

A brief note on the Partisans event: this is now triggered when you have a city razed and you are running the Universal Suffrage civic, instead of just randomly after Nationalism. At least, that was the intended fix. I've never razed a city from a Universal Suffrage civ (at least, not since the last patch), so I haven't really tested it.

I don't know whether this is a bug, or whether it is a feature, but Event98, Impact Crater, which creates a uranium source, and puts a mine and road on it (on a square with forest or jungle) does not remove the jungle (in the case I had, I don't know about forests). This I ended up with a mine on a jungle square, which is otherwise impossible as far as I know. See attached file for the result (And yes it is a strange game, I wanted to win a time victory in an OCC by creating massive global warming and being impervious to that having a SSE; it was very nice to get uranium to built nukes ;-)).

Attachments

• Mine on jungle.CivBeyondSwordSave
    255 KB · Views: 220
this works as designed - there are quite a few instances were weirdness can happen when improvements are created. Now I do not claim that it works as intended - but seeing that this was known since BtS was released and they did not bother to change it I guess it is :)

You can probably go and chop the jungle yourself.

Hell, I added a Greens event that causes your citizens to add a forest to a town tile. I figured it was a nice little production bonus, and it added an option in the modern era where you are otherwise bombarded by plane crashes.

War Chariots (quest) doesn't have State religion as a Preq ... its just that if you don't have one you can only choose Combat I

Another question...

Event58
Rural Farmers
Prereq: Grocer
Obsolete: None
Active/Weight: 80/100
Result:
1.+1 food for the city's forge

Is this meant to be for the Grocer, not the forge?

built walls in all my cities once and got some event that gaves something that i can't remember.

it was an unasked for event.

My question is how likely it is for the revolt to continue:

Event12:
Slave Revolt
Prereq: Slavery Civic AND city with population 4 or more AND WRITING or MONOTHEISM or PRIESTHOOD or IRON_WORKING
Active/Weight: 80/500
Result:
1.+1 angry face (like whipped) AND -2 population AND 1 turn revolt AND chance of looping to 3
2.you pay 10 gold AND -1 population AND 1 turn revolt AND chance of looping to 3
3.1 turn revolt [? chance to continue]
bold letters added by me, words in italics are incorrect.

built walls in all my cities once and got some event that gaves something that i can't remember.

it was an unasked for event.

Pretty easy to look stuff up with Ctrl F if you download the text file - easier than wading through the spoilers. Doing that for "walls" these are the possibilities:

Event105
Security Tax
Prereq: METAL_CASTING or IRON_WORKING or MONARCHY or ALPHABET or MATHEMATICS or CODE_OF_LAWS or AESTHETICS or THEOLOGY AND city with walls
Obsolete: NATIONALISM or PRINTING_PRESS or EDUCATION or GUNPOWDER or ASTRONOMY
Active/Weight: 70/500
Result:
1.you gain 20 to 80 gold
(never seen that one)

Event127
Miracle
Prereq: City with walls AND state religion
Active/Weight: 90/200
Result:
1.+1 commerce for city's walls
2.you pay 30 gold AND spread your state religion to 2 own cities

I see this one all the time.

So, it's just a 40% chance the revolt will continue? The penalty is maybe two turns of anarchy instead of losing population?

This gives me something to think about.

actually you always have at least 2 turns of revolt (+40% each turn to continue after that) - you can only choose to either loose 2 pop points and have one hurry anger :)mad: for 10 turns on normal) or pay 10 gold and only loose one pop point and no hurry anger - the duration of the revolt itself seems not to be dependent on your choice...

actually you always have at least 2 turns of revolt (+40% each turn to continue after that) - you can only choose to either loose 2 pop points and have one hurry anger :)mad: for 10 turns on normal) or pay 10 gold and only loose one pop point and no hurry anger - the duration of the revolt itself seems not to be dependent on your choice...

I'll screenshot it next time I see it, but the first two options guarantee exactly one turn of revolt. They do not loop to 3 because there is no chance for it to continue beyond that turn if you choose those options. The third option has at least 1 turn of revolt, but it does not always continue for a second turn. I've seen the local authorities bumble the crackdown five times in a row, but I've seen them get it right after the initial turn of revolt, which can't be evaded anyway.

Are sure?

Quest7:
Best Defense
Prereq: ENGINEERING
Obsolete: RIFLING or RAILROAD or ECONOMICS
Active/Weight: 30/400
Aim:
Build default number of players for this world size castles (7 for standard)
Result:
1.All Melee units gain the City Garrison 1 promotion
2.gain +3 Attitude with all AIs you have met
3.IF you control the Great Wall gain +25 Espionage points for the Great Wall
Melee units getting City garrison?
Quest12:
Elite Swords
Prereq: IRON_WORKING AND State Religion
Obsolete: MACHINERY or FEUDALISM or MUSIC or PHILOSOPHY or CIVIL_SERVICE or THEOLOGY
Active/Weight: 25/200
Aim:
Build default number of players for this world size +1 Swordsmen (8 for standard)
Result:
1.All Swordsman units gain the City Raider 1 promotion
2. IF running HEREDITARY RULE: All Melee units gain the Drill 1 promotion
Melee units getting Drill?
I' not questiong the rest but giving melee units promos that they can't get is odd.:crazyeye:

may be odd - but see for yourself:

Civ4EventInfos.xml said:
Code:
<EventInfo>

<Type>EVENT_BEST_DEFENSE_DONE_1</Type>

<Description>TXT_KEY_EVENT_BEST_DEFENSE_DONE_1</Description>
(...)
			<UnitCombatPromotions>

<UnitCombatPromotion>

<UnitCombat>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombat>

<UnitPromotion>PROMOTION_CITY_GARRISON1</UnitPromotion>

Civ4EventInfos.xml said:
Code:
<EventInfo>

<Type>EVENT_ELITE_SWORDS_DONE_2</Type>

<Description>TXT_KEY_EVENT_ELITE_SWORDS_DONE_2</Description>
(...)
			<UnitCombatPromotions>

<UnitCombatPromotion>

<UnitCombat>UNITCOMBAT_MELEE</UnitCombat>

<UnitPromotion>PROMOTION_DRILL1</UnitPromotion>

may be odd - but see for yourself:

Jesus. so this open them melee units with drill and city gar to the drill line and city garr line?

You think that's weird? There's an event that gives carriers Drill III, so they can promote straight to Drill IV without getting I or II.

What the heck is whip anger? I saw it in one of you spoilers.

Top Bottom