Random SG 01 - The Randomness Begins

Theodora's culture is gonna be HUGE after she loses :lol:

As for great merchant vs great sci, I may be wrong, but I think every type counts seperately: getting a merchant shouldn't (?) increase the scientist's points.

Either way, I agree with letting Bugs finish.

Roster
Bugs<= UP, for the win.
Teproc
Gurra
Beorn
Menelann <=Threw Theodora a party for her World Fair

every type counts seperately: getting a merchant shouldn't (?) increase the scientist's points.

No, for some reason merchants/engineers/scientiests share the point pool:/
That's why everyone hate merchants and not too happy with engineers in many cases...

OK, I'm up. I have the save, although I haven't opened it yet.

Here's what I'm getting for team direction:

1. Focus on right side of rationalism for social policy.
2. Keep war with Theodora going to get cash, war experience, and a date.
3. Use engineer to get Prora.
4. Get battleships and take Stockholm.
5. Play for win even though it may go over 10 turns.

On a separate note:
1. How do I get my system to use this events and decisions mods?
2. Is it fair if the AI do not know how to use the mod?

As for your mod questions:

1. I don't know how detailed you want it so I'll go for maximum detail just to be sure! Download the file from the link, and unpack it to the MODS folder, which is located in the same Civ5 folder where you put saves. Make sure that you get a single folder named Events and Decisions, and not a multitude of folders and files named Art, LUA and so on.

Then in-game you just click Mods instead of Single Player on the main menu, enable Events and Decisions, and from there you can start a new game or load an existing one.

2. Well, the AI actually does know how to use this mod, and the AI civs do enact decisions and respond to random events. So I would consider it fair. :)

I suppose if such a mod were to be used we would all have to download the latest version at the beginning of the game to make sure saves are compatible.

Pre-flight &#8211; Turn 270 &#8211; 1800 AD - Take the SP that gives us scientists 25% faster on the right side of rationalism. I go through our cities and hire a bunch of scientists. That adds about 50 beakers per turn, but it doesn&#8217;t cut out turns to battleships. Buy a university. That doesn&#8217;t help either. :rolleyes:

Hippo: work boat => bank
Utique: frigate => frigate
Carthage: Prora => submarine I guess I missed the fact that it was built.

I have always found it interesting that the developmental people at Fraxsis thought that the Prora was considered a world wonder. It was never used as a resort. It was built by the Nazis. It is presently an abandoned building on an island in the Baltic. :crazyeye:

We have a few naval units with movement left, but I can&#8217;t find a single Byzantine naval unit to attacks. Meleann completely destroyed Theodora&#8217;s navy. :hammer:

IBT &#8211; A lot of things happened, but none of the events were particularly notable. Some CS elections were rigged. We rigged one and someone else rigged one.

Turn 271 &#8211; 1802 AD &#8211;
I am very gentlemanly at the peace table and put forth a proposal to the lovely Theodora. She doesn&#8217;t like it.

Theodora sent a musician out to sea. We promptly sink it. We destroy a rifle. How about now? NO!

I pull the date off the table and put up a lux for cash proposal. She accepts. Anything to avoid a date with YOU!

I start moving our navy towards Sweden for the final battle.

IBT - :sleep:
Turn 272 &#8211; 1804 AD &#8211;
Gus has three battleships. We&#8217;ll have to plan on taking them out on turn one of war.

I&#8217;m thinking I need to put two subs per battleship under the ice to the south. Any thoughts?

I buy a public school in Edinburgh and add a scientist, but I still can take a turn off electronics.
Edinburgh: frigate => granary

IBT &#8211; Attila attempts a coup in M&#8217;B Kongo and fails. Then the ultimate insult:

:love:
Turn 273 &#8211; 1806 AD -
Our open borders agreement with Suleiman has expired and I can&#8217;t get him to renew it for anything.

Four more oil. More repositioning :sleep:

IBT &#8211; We had a deal where we gave Theodora one horse for one gpt and it lasted through the war? :confused:

Turn 274 &#8211; 1808 AD &#8211; Gus now has four battleships.

Are you sure you want me to finish off this game? It may be an extra six or seven turns.

I think finishing the game is ok, otherwise this set is too boring...

Yes, bringing more subs to Sweden borders is a good idea-) I completely forgot to check out Sweden Battleships, sorry..

Turn 275 &#8211; 1810 AD - :sleep:

IBT &#8211; Kyzyl allies with Sweden.

Turn 276 &#8211; 1812 AD - :sleep:

Turn 277 &#8211; 1814 AD &#8211; Bring Kyzyl back into the fold.

Use our next SP to buy Free Thought &#8211; a nice science bump that comes too late. We&#8217;ll get battleships next turn.

Sweden steals refrigeration. We&#8217;ll have to deal with Swedish subs soon.

IBT &#8211; Kyzyl requests units in its difficult war with Suleiman. :lol:

Electronics comes in.

Turn 278 &#8211; 1816 AD &#8211; Start massive upgrade focusing on long range frigates first. We have several frigates without the long range upgrade. Five are upgraded.

Start in on military science.

Someone gave us a foreign legion during the IBT so I gift it to Kyzyl.

IBT &#8211; Cape Town is almost gone. We get a great merchant. I kept it coming because I want the money to upgrade units.

Turn 279 &#8211; 1818 AD &#8211; Gift Cape Town some cash to keep them on our side.

Start moving our battleships toward Sweden.

I think finishing the game is ok, otherwise this set is too boring...

Yes, bringing more subs to Sweden borders is a good idea-) I completely forgot to check out Sweden Battleships, sorry..
Yes. If it wasn't for having fun with Theodora, this would be a very boring set.

Don't worry about not checking the Swedish situation.

Turn 280 &#8211; 1820 AD &#8211; I have six subs within range of the Swedish fleet. Our battleships might be in position to finish off the fourth. We may go to war next turn.

Turn 281 &#8211; 1822 AD &#8211; Upgrade another frigate. Gus has one of his battleships in port. We will hold off one turn and not duplicate the Japanese error at Pearl Harbor.

There is another sub just to the west under the ice. Looking at that screenshot I realize I have not brought our admiral along.

IBT &#8211;

We saw that coming, but in the ancient tradition of the British and French navies, I opt for a ruse de guerre. Since it is technically a navy and not an army, I do not think I deceived him. :devil:

Turn 282 &#8211; 1824 AD &#8211; Gus now has a fifth battleship. We use the great merchant to get some cash from Singapore. Upgrade three frigates.

We declare war on Sweden and he says we are liars. I say all is fair in love and war.

I find out that we cannot shoot torpedoes from under the ice. Really? Another design element that doesn&#8217;t match the real world.

I sink three battleships, then try to capture a fourth with a privateer. No go. Miss a sinking by a hair&#8217;s breadth. End up sinking it with a sub.

Here is the tactical situation:

I would suspect that privateer is going to Davy Jones' locker on the IBT.

Military Science is in. Go for Dynamite next.

IBT &#8211; The privateer is sunk. A battleship is bombarded by two great war bombers. Suleiman and Gus made peace.

Turn 283 &#8211; 1826 AD &#8211; Bombard Stockholm down to about half strength. No changes tactically except I move a 3-range battleship within range of Stockholm.

IBT &#8211; The 3-range battleship is sunk. A Swedish sub sallies forth. Carthago Novo is being pestered by Tyre.

Turn 284 &#8211; 1828 AD &#8211; Sink the sub with two of our submarines. Bring Stockholm down to red. Position a privateer next to the city. We can&#8217;t take it so I bring a few more within range. It should fall next turn. Anticipate that the bombers, the artillery and the battleship will sink something. Here is the situation:

This fleet looks like we are an AI with infinite amount of money xD

I always forget that subs cannot attack from under the ice, really annoying.

Btw, there are some tiles to the right from Stockholm that can be used for Battleships;)

Whoa! I find a 4-range battleship that can bombard Stockholm from the northeast. We bring in the privateer and . . .

Here is the final situation:

And I have attached the pre-win save for those that want to add it to your personal hall of fame.

Attachments

• Pre win RSG01 - Dido_0284 AD-1828.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 223
Yay, victory! [party] Well played, Bugsy! And all the rest of us aswell. :goodjob:

I would be on for a RSG2 on Deity. :)

Top Bottom