Random Thoughts XIV: Pizza, Pomegranate Juice, and Shreddies

Valka D'Ur

Hosting Iron Pen in A&E
Retired Moderator
That's an interesting title. :)

I have no idea what shreddies are.

Breakfast cereal. The name derives from "shredded wheat".

Shreddies are inoffensive, easy to eat, high fibre cereal, which is why I eat them sometimes. The pillow-sized shredded wheat are not fun, i agree.

Yeah, 'Shredded Wheat' sucks.

I grew up on Corn Flakes and Shredded Wheat (the big sized ones).

Now I eat Frosted Flakes and Shredded Mini-Wheats, both with peanut butter mixed in. Yum yum!

That's way too sweet for me. I haven't been able to eat sugared cereal in 20 years!

I'd never heard that one before.

That's a riot. :lol:

I prefer the honey variety. That makes them edible as a snack, without the need for milk.

shreddies-honey.png

I'd have bought Chex cereal if it hadn't been double the price of the Shreddies.

Random thought: I need to retake this thread.

This is typically the variety I have (when I eat them):

Spoiler :

By the way, it's unfortunate this isn't the Raves thread. I made my first batch of Chex Mix for the year.

With American Shreddies, thank you very much.

Do Shreddies come in rice and corn? So that one could make Shreddie Mix?

Shreddies are Canadian, and Google informs me that they're also marketed in the UK and Ireland.

The main two flavors are Original and Honey, though they do have limited editions now and then.

I recently tried Peanut Butter Chex. Now those were really good.

Chex is similar to Shreddies, just plumper in shape but not as dense. Rice Chex is my go-to for that kind of cereal, though they also have Honey-Nut, Cinnamon, Apple-Cinnamon, Chocolate, Corn (ick), and a couple of others.

My tolerance for dairy is intermittent enough that cereal has long been out of my diet. It doesn't help that it's over $7/box now for half a kilo.

I'd be more keen if oat milk wasn't as watery as it is. It's the only dairy alternative that I can stomach, but runs into the problem where it lacks the thickness and presence of dairy. Earth's Own is decent, ish. But it's also $6 for 1.75 liters. So, uh, no.

Top Bottom