Really furious!

Plan looks good. Good luck with the video thing! I'll bring the popcorn... :D

I've recorded the first part (4 turns, 15 mins).

I'm really happy with the video quality. I must thank TMIT for this, as I've used the settings he suggested in his own thread.

The sound mix is not so great. The game volume is way too high in the mix, so it's hard to understand what I'm saying. But I don't think this is enough reason to replay. Should be able to fix this for part 2.

The interface is pretty slow and wait time between turns is quite long too.

Uploading now, will post link when done.

I've recorded the first part (4 turns, 15 mins).

I'm really happy with the video quality. I must thank TMIT for this, as I've used the settings he suggested in his own thread.

The sound mix is not so great. The game volume is way too high in the mix, so it's hard to understand what I'm saying. But I don't think this is enough reason to replay. Should be able to fix this for part 2.

The interface is pretty slow and wait time between turns is quite long too.

Uploading now, will post link when done.

You could re-record the audio and dub it over (or add subtitles)

-Iustus

Not sure if I'm still in game, but just in case - I'm leaving today and won't be able to play in two weeks. Good luck, will post later. :)

You could re-record the audio and dub it over (or add subtitles)

-Iustus

I'm having trouble enough with just the basics as is. I might try that later, I don't want to stall this game any longer. My comments aren't that important either!

This turned out to be a lot harder then I expected. I basically had problems every step of the process(Recording, converting, cutting, uploading, etc.)
I finally got it done. It's ok for a first time, but not great I'd say. All of the issues wore me down by the end of the turnset, I just wanted it to be over.
I'm not sure if it has affected my play, I don't feel like watching it again right now, so I'll let you guys be the judge of that.

Edit: Link to playlist: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=CC7496B392C70438

Now that I got this working, the rest should soon follow. (Still need to do some cutting on them as my screen went black for a while when I was playing part 2&3. My computer got really slow somehow. But it came back eventually)

Short recap of turnset + screenshots:
Spoiler :

-We declared war on Napoleon, I decided to honor that deal with Askia.
-England then wanted a PoS against Askia, obviously I refused but two turns later Askia canceled our cooperation!
-Askia also attacked Tyre, but got nowhere and made peace again after a few turns.

-The Iroquois were eliminated by the end of the set.

-China's 2 cities are under siege by the Japanese, looks like they are going to eliminate China, our forces are in the area, readyto act once this happens

The save:

Attachments

• Furious_0112 BC-0075.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 208
Will have a look after work. :)

@Estarioll: ofc you are still in game! Make sure to post when you are back!

Since the videos don't work, some crucial screenshots:

First I decided to honor the agreement made and went to war:
Spoiler :

Then I denied this because Askia is our friend, right?
Spoiler :

Our "friend" has his eye on Tyre, but I pretend we do not care
Spoiler :

He is our friend no more I guess, only a matter of time before he declares on us IMO.
Spoiler :

^^You're right and I don't know how to fix it. The files play in media player but not when uploaded to Youtube.

Try converting them to h264 before you upload them to youtube.

I would also suggest if you do it again, that you turn off your background music when recording, as it is just a distraction.

The frame-rate you were recording seems low as well, what were you using to do it?

-Iustus

Try converting them to h264 before you upload them to youtube.
I'll try that later. I still like the idea of video instead of text/pics.

I would also suggest if you do it again, that you turn off your background music when recording, as it is just a distraction.

I won't replay the set for that but I came to the same conclusion.

The frame-rate you were recording seems low as well, what were you using to do it?

I used CamStudio with these settings: DivX 6.9.2 Codec (2 Logical CPUs) - 1080HD profile, 12000 bitrate
- Set keyframes every 40 seconds
- Capture frames every 25 ms
- Playback rate at 40 frames/second

again I crash when I open the save:(
so someone else needs to take it

You should replace me on the roster and let me lurk -- I'm not worthy. This variant deserves someone more active and someone who actually likes the game. :cringe:

Was looking forward to exploring a new game with SGs but unfortunately I feel nothing but boredom playing the current Civ 5. I stayed in the game hoping that it would change but it doesn't seem likely that it will happen in the short term. I really hope that it can captivate me the same way its predecessors did in the future, but I'm guessing that will require a content change.

Very sorry to have wasted a space for so long.

Lurker's comment :

These two savegames loaded fine in the regular civ5 version with patch 1.0.0.621 :
FURIOUS_0088 BC-0675.Civ5Save
Furious_resave_0088 BC-0675.Civ5Save

But last two savegames in this thread caused a CTD :
Furious_0102 BC-0325.Civ5Save
Furious_0112 BC-0075.Civ5Save

@team: I had hardware issues (internet box dead) since a bit. sorry about that.

I really don't get the issue with the save, it loads fine here... anyway, is someone willing to continue?

@Rusten: no worries ;)

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

I'm still here. I think we need to decide what to do with our money. We have about ~750 gold IIRC. We could Ally a city state with a happy resource we lack (only cultural ones have happy we lack), since we are low. Perhaps it's better to wait till we have 1000 but that won't take long. Alternatively, we could buy a settler and settle another happy.

@team: I had hardware issues (internet box dead) since a bit. sorry about that.

I really don't get the issue with the save, it loads fine here... anyway, is someone willing to continue?

@Rusten: no worries ;)

Cheers,
Raskolnikov
I'm still game to continue but not too motivated to work on technical glitches as Rusten pretty much summed up my feelings about the game:(.

Top Bottom