Realpolitik of the Smoky Skies - The Reboot

First of all thank you Heerlo for directing me here :) Secondly I would like to join as a culturalist, if you'll have me of course :)

Uh-oh, it's this guy...well, I dunno...
(Kidding, of course; more than happy to have you!)

Alright!

Btw, I'm gonna be an Economist.

Yeah, I was worried there for a bit that we wouldn't even be able to get the game off the ground...as it is, we still have too few people to have a proper Realpolitik, but I'm hoping that once we have something running we'll be able to get more people in.

With that in mind, I'd greatly appreciate it if people can continue to help spread the word of the existence of this thing. Bring your friends! You two people walking there! You on the motorcycle! Free (virtual) beer :beer:!
Additionally, I will tentatively set the start date of the game as Saturday the 15th!

After some thought I've decided to announce that, for the time being, I will be joining the PPP or the 3P as I think we should call it :)

After some thought I've decided to announce that, for the time being, I will be joining the PPP or the 3P as I think we should call it :)

We're glad to have you, Silverman! 3P is an excellent abbreviation, that should be our short name from now on. Not only does it stand for the Pulias People's Party but also for the 3 Ps we believe in: Peace, Productivity and the People of Pulias!

Edit: I did some advertising in my signature, nobody can resist that king smiley... :king:

Yeah, yeah, I know I said I’d start tomorrow, but…

TURN 0: 1800 A.D.​

It is the new 19th century, and the world has completely collapsed into revolutions. All the old empires have crumbled, and the new Republic of Pulias is an independent nation with a few politicians eager to start running the place. However, someone carelessly was smoking around the maps of the region and burnt them up, and between that and the ever-changing political situation we have no idea what lies beyond our borders. We also have steam-powered junk with pointy metal edges and no OSHA. Fun!
To commence, therefore, we need to elect an Interim Government. The posts of Prime Minister, Minister of the Interior, Minister of Culture, and Minister of Science are open! Start nominating candidates!

Here is the starting situation of Pulias:
Spoiler :

Here is the Tech Tree that our Scientists have worked out:
Spoiler :

Here are possible Production choices in Pulias:
Spoiler :

And here are all the different options for Social Policies (we have a lot, but we also have two available for immediate taking – I unlocked “Republic” for thematic purposes):
Spoiler :

We also have an NPC candidate for Prime Minister, with his own theories as to why the maps got burnt up!
Spoiler :

He’s very popular with the tinfoil hat crowd.

Let’s get going!​

We also have an NPC candidate for Prime Minister, with his own theories as to why the maps got burnt up!

No, don't elect him! He'll devote all of our nation's efforts to proving the existence of aliens!

Can one person be nominated for more than one position? Or can a party of less than 4 people only nominate for as many posts as there are members (and independents only nominate themself to one post)?

I'm 99% certain that a person can only hold one title.

Also, huzzah for coal! Would it be possible to get a tile yield map? I'd like to know what's underneath all that forest.

Can one person be nominated for more than one position? Or can a party of less than 4 people only nominate for as many posts as there are members (and independents only nominate themself to one post)?

Yeah, a person can only hold one post, but because of the few people playing in this case I'll allow people to nominate the same candidate for multiple positions. If said candidate wins multiple posts, he can choose which one to take. We can then either hand the position to the second-place winner or conduct a runoff election.

Also, huzzah for coal! Would it be possible to get a tile yield map? I'd like to know what's underneath all that forest.

Yeah, we have a lot of nice strategic resources about the place! I'll get a tile yield map for you this afternoon; not in a position to do so right yet. I'll also turn on tile yields for all future screenshots.

No, don't elect him! He'll devote all of our nation's efforts to proving the existence of aliens!

Yeah, he got kicked out of Italy and showed up here...

Oh, and a city map that shows worked tiles would be nice to have as well.

Nah he should be prime minister, he has charisma! :king:

The Pulias People's Party are happy to announce our candidates for the upcoming elections:

Gurra09 for Prime Minister and Silverman6083 for Minister of Culture.

May peace and prosperity be upon us all!

On behalf of the Pulian Advancament Union, I am nominating myself for Minister of the Interior and Heerlo for Minister of Science.

When will voting begin?

I have joined the Pulian Advancement Union and will be running for Minister of Science.

As requested, a tile yield map!

Spoiler :

As also requested, a picture showing the worked tiles!

Spoiler :

Voting commences now and runs until 5 PM Central Standard Time on Saturday the 15th!

My votes:
Prime Minister- Gurra09
Minister of Interior- Magnive
Minister of Culture- Silverman6083
Minister of Science- Heerlo

I vote

Prime Minister Gurra09
Minister of Interior Magnive
Minister of Culture Silverman6083
Minister of Science Heerlo

I vote:

Magnive for Minister of Interior
Silverman6083 for Minister of Culture
Heerlo for Minister of Science

And for Prime Minister,
Spoiler :

:joke: My real vote for Prime Minister is Gurra09. ;)

My votes for the interim government:

Prime Minister Gurra09
Minister of Interior Magnive
Minister of Culture Silverman6083
Minister of Science Heerlo

Hmmmm... I have no idea how a realpolitik game works, but I do love the Smoky Skies scenario, so I'll be watching this :3

Top Bottom