Realpolitik of the Smoky Skies - The Reboot

Hmmmm... I have no idea how a realpolitik game works, but I do love the Smoky Skies scenario, so I'll be watching this :3

You can join if you like.

Hmmmm... I have no idea how a realpolitik game works, but I do love the Smoky Skies scenario, so I'll be watching this :3

Yes, please hop in! We need more players!
And don't worry about any perceived "lack of experience" - you'll get the hang of things quickly.

It's ok I don't really know what I'm doing either :crazyeye: I think you should join :)

Turn 0 Election Results

The interim government of Pulias has been established! In completely unexpected results, our new Prime Minister is to be Gurra09, our Minister of the Interior is to be Magnive, our Minister of Culture will be Silverman6083, and Heerlo is to be our Minister of Science!

Our other candidate for Prime Minister had his own theories as to why he lost:

Spoiler :
"I got fewer votes than Gurra."

(That wasn't what you expected, now, was it?)

It is now up to the Interim Government to get the country running. The following questions need to be addressed in the Orders:

1) What technology shall be researched?
2) Which two Social Policies shall we adopt?
3) What shall we commence construction on in Pulias?
4) Where shall we direct our Landships and Scouts?
5) Where shall we settle our next two cities?

I will post screenshots of newly explored terrain as it becomes newly explored, and similarly when we meet other Civs or City-States.

Congratulations to the victors! Let's get things underway!

I would just like to say that Aliens Guy was a worthy competitor and that it will be my honor to lead this interrim government as the first Prime Minister of Pulias.

Edit: I'm a Realpolitik newbie so bear with me and my questions, how independent are the ministers of the government supposed to be? Do I as prime minister present our orders as a whole or does every department work for themselves? Or is that just up to each government?

Edit: I'm a Realpolitik newbie so bear with me and my questions, how independent are the ministers of the government supposed to be? Do I as prime minister present our orders as a whole or does every department work for themselves? Or is that just up to each government?

EDIT: You edited as I was replying. Whoops!

The answer is number 2.

Great! Aren't things like moving units around and settler decisions part of the Prime Minister's job though?

Edit: And now before you edited I edited back to make for less confusion when people read this. Now THIS is getting confusing... :lol: To sum it up what has been said: the government works together and then the Prime Minister present all the orders from the government as a whole.

Number two would be that it is up to each government, right?

If I have understood it correctly it's up to each government how they do within the government but the Prime Minister presents the orders for voting.

Hey, one thing is still not clear to me. Who is in "ultimate control" of the civilian units? Prime Minister or Minister of the Interior? First post states Prime Minister is in control of military units but it also doesn't state that any other minister is in control of civilian units.

If I have understood it correctly it's up to each government how they do within the government but the Prime Minister presents the orders for voting.

This is correct.

Hey, one thing is still not clear to me. Who is in "ultimate control" of the civilian units? Prime Minister or Minister of the Interior? First post states Prime Minister is in control of military units but it also doesn't state that any other minister is in control of civilian units.

Civilian units are controlled by the Minister of the Interior. Military units are controlled by the Prime Minister UNLESS an Officer is in command.

Now, that editing thing has reminded me that, in the future, we should settle ties by online rock-paper-scissors. Or not.

Please Dear God more online rock-paper-scissors that might've been the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.

lurker's comment: I don't have time to play country but I'll pop in once in a while to see how this is going. :)

Here are the orders submitted by the Pulian Interim Government for turn 0.

Order #1
- Begin researching Analog Computing.

Order #2
- Adopt policies Legalism and Planned Economy.

Order #3
- Build order for Pulias is Water Mill -> Hospital -> Factory.

Order #4
Worker orders are as follows:
- Worker 1 (worker on Silver tile): Mine on Silver Tile -> Farm on Grain Tile -> Mine on second Silver Tile. If not possible, Camp on Deer Tile.
- Worker 2 (worker on Forest tile): Mine on Coal Tile -> Plantation on Wine Tile -> Camp on Deer Tile. If this is not possible, build a Trading Post on one of the riverside Forest tiles.

Order #5
Military and Settler orders are as follows:
- Eastern Land Ironclad explores the area to the east where there is coal.
- Eastern Scout and Settler moves two tiles to the east for now, to later investigate settling locations near the coal.
- Western Land Ironclad moves north along the river looking for coast.
- Western Scout moves into the tundra hills near the oil to explore.
- Western Settler moves two tiles northwest to the Wine tile for now.

Order #6
To encourage peaceful relations we should:
- Pledge to protect any city-states we meet.
- Establish embassies with any civilizations we meet.

Order #7
Our goal is to found at least one of the two new cities on the coast.
- When founded, our first coastal city shall be named Haven of Peace.

As there is only an interim government and no legislature elected for the time being, I assume these orders will be executed immediately without any voting on the matters?

You can join if you like.

Yes, please hop in! We need more players!
And don't worry about any perceived "lack of experience" - you'll get the hang of things quickly.

It's ok I don't really know what I'm doing either :crazyeye: I think you should join :)

Well, in that case I'll join as a Savant in Pulias, because I do love the mad scientistry of the Smoky Skies! Only through science can true equality and prosperity be found!

If it's not too late I'd like to join as a Militarist in Pulias. And join the 3P if they'll have me *holds thumbs*

Welcome to the game, new people! I must say that a militarist wanting to join a pacifist party surprised me but if you belive in the 3P's goals we are more than happy to have you, Loki.

I must say that I'm surprised as well. Most of all because we actually don't have a warmonger party yet. In the previous Realpolitiks, they were usually very quick to be founded.

But most of all, huzzah! More players is always a good thing.

Hmm... I suppose for the time being I shall ally myself with the PAU, as I believe their philosophy aligns more closely with my own.

Top Bottom