Realpolitik: Populus Repraesentativum

I wrote a rant in the rant's post in the CiV forums a while back, but my internet failed and I couldn't post it.

Basically I wrote that the main problems are Global Happiness, AI behavior, Diplomacy and International Relations, 1UPT, and a whole host of other things.

There are soooo many things wrong with it that they should have known better than to put in that it simply boggles my mind, and can only be summed up with one gesture that isn't appropriate for these forums.
I'll try to sum it using a gesture that is appropriate for this forum:

(╯°□°)╯ ︵ ʌıɔ

I agree that stacks of doom are unrealistic, but they should have just put in a limit to the number of units per time, like, 5-10, and unlimited worker stacking.

I always see so much Steam hate on here and I never completely understood why. I guess it's because many on here are older gamers and don't like the idea of downloading from a third-party because you don't technically "own" the game?

Perchance I may have the save? After tomorrow I have winter break until January 6th, so I might be able to run the save once, at least, and then see if I have the time after that to hold elections and everything. I'll have to drop out of the political races, though, :(
Its on the first page on the Update 0 post.

And the thing I hate is the way Steam works. It force installs! And it forces you to use it. As to t the rest of CiV, I actually like 1UPT as it increases realistic battle lines. Others, such as resource limitation are good too. But there are too many detractors to the game overall. Such as DLC. Firaxis lost all my trust with that one, and I will not be buying the next Civ until I am assured that Steam and DLC are not part of the package.

DLC and civ don't seem like a good combination all things considered... after all, mods created by the community and expansion packs like Beyond the Sword and Warlords are the sort of thing that the majority of the community wants.

DLC and civ don't seem like a good combination all things considered... after all, mods created by the community and expansion packs like Beyond the Sword and Warlords are the sort of thing that the majority of the community wants.
:agree:

Its as if a classic PC games like Civilization is beginning to catch Consolitis...

:agree:

Its as if a classic PC games like Civilization is beginning to catch Consolitis...

:lol:, DLC is good in some cases but when it's fifteen dollars (for an example of course) for six new civs and four leaders... that's just a bit overboard right there.

I love it how after the RP died, we repurposed the thread for ranting and railing how ciV/steam are terrible:lol:

All the stupid bugs
Steam
DLC
Steam
DLC
Did I mention DLC?
The fact that it takes away the best parts of CIV
Social Policies

All of those are problems, but there are many more.

Also, a question for you. If two years ago someone had told you that there would be a whole thread devoted to CiV rants, what would you have told them? Oh, and what of they told you abut Steam and DLC?

Jump ship! See my sig :D
[/shamelessadvertising]

Top Bottom