Realpolitik: Populus Repraesentativum

MY PLANZ!!! ALL MY BEAUTIFULL PLANZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Oh well, I never got to see the flaws this way... :p

As to all you people who want an RP that isn't cancelled: It has never happened. The only RP I would even consider completed was RP1, and that was still canceled because LH couldn't play the save. What it had that the others didn't was a proper ending. :p

Goodbye Presidency, I will miss you so. ;)

DT
Leaving It Here :salute:

The problem with that? Civ 5 sucks.

Civ5 is not so terribly bad in itself really, I just feel that CIV4 is much better.

Main problem to me is that it uses steam...

But that's the thing! civ4 vannila is still like 3X better than civ 5. they should have worked harder on it/released it later. the only civ game that's worse than civ5 is civ rev, where the AI is so bad that anyone can easily win on diety.

I did buy Civ5, soon after release date... Played a couple games at a rather high difficulty level but got bored quickly. I miss the presense of religions and some of those city state bonuses are totally idiot and OP. After I won my last game dominating everyone in a ridiculous way by abusing city states, i just uninstalled it, mostly because i cannot stand Steam.

I always see so much Steam hate on here and I never completely understood why. I guess it's because many on here are older gamers and don't like the idea of downloading from a third-party because you don't technically "own" the game?

Perchance I may have the save? After tomorrow I have winter break until January 6th, so I might be able to run the save once, at least, and then see if I have the time after that to hold elections and everything. I'll have to drop out of the political races, though, :(

I always see so much Steam hate on here and I never completely understood why. I guess it's because many on here are older gamers and don't like the idea of downloading from a third-party because you don't technically "own" the game?

For my part, although i could be considered an "older gamer", its got nothing to do about the third party download. I was actually one of impulse's most zealous supporter for a long time and was really happy to get all my games direct download from them. No, its not the steam store that bothers me, its the Steamworks implementation that is getting more and more ubiquitous in today's new games. Forces you to install and use steam just to play your game, it is utterly evil and i can't stand it, not at all.

For my part, although i could be considered an "older gamer", its got nothing to do about the third party download. I was actually one of impulse's most zealous supporter for a long time and was really happy to get all my games direct download from them. No, its not the steam store that bothers me, its the Steamworks implementation that is getting more and more ubiquitous in today's new games. Forces you to install and use steam just to play your game, it is utterly evil and i can't stand it, not at all.

:agree:

Steam is a piece of Phlomb. I am a young gamer and I hate it. Especially if you have bad internet. I used to have 6 GB per month. Also, you have to download stuff EVEN IF YOU HAVE STEAM ALREADY INSTALLED AND YOU HAVE BOUGHT A FREAKING DISK. :facepalm:

Luckily, I have good internet now. My friend, who has internet as bad as mine was, can't play games that are steam required because of this nonsense. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

But Civ 5 isn't that bad. It has some rather good ideas in it actually.

CiV sucks!

Civ 5 has a couple of good ideas, but they took out more good ideas than they added, and they added more bad ideas than they took out. IMO of course.
DT

I like the Hex tiles actually, the graphics are nice and the animated leaders are cool, Especially Monty :lol:
I also like how you can use your great general to get a bonus to you whole SoD.
But that's about it... CivIV is just way better overall, and add to this the zillion awesome mods for civIV...

Maybe with patches, expansions, a few years of modding, Civ5 will grow into something eventually.

I wrote a rant in the rant's post in the CiV forums a while back, but my internet failed and I couldn't post it.

Basically I wrote that the main problems are Global Happiness, AI behavior, Diplomacy and International Relations, 1UPT, and a whole host of other things.

There are soooo many things wrong with it that they should have known better than to put in that it simply boggles my mind, and can only be summed up with one gesture that isn't appropriate for these forums.

Top Bottom