Red and white checkerboard graphics bug?

Well I need help I don't know what to do recently after playing for like 20min, when I click on my city the hexagons well the terrain have like a red and white checkered color to them. When a great person appears sometimes their little picture is blocked by a red color. Furthermore around this time the leaders screen appears to be buggy their video or scene do not appear but I can hear their voices. I can do everything just that I will see the background of what I was last doing in the game instead of their screen.

Moderator Action: Merged with the main thread about the issue.

And see above for solutions.

None of these solutions don't seem to work the thing bugging me the most is the leader scene where they don't appear just voices and the picture of the terrain i was last looking at. This is recent

Please note that I'm really not sure if this particular problem is related, but you could always take a look here and see if the fix I posted in that thread works for this one too. If it does, please let us know.

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

Possible solutions, which you should try:

Hello, THE_J

I having a similar issue w/ red and white checkerboard graphics.

I downloaded several mods from steam and loved their units models. When making my mods, I "Added from existing file" in "ModBuddy" the files of the models from those mods that I wanted to use for my mod. I placed the models in similar paths in my mod like how those mods did for their models and when using both those mods as well as my own mods the models showed up just fine. However, now that I'm using a new computer (w/ the latest drivers) I see the Red and White checkerboard graphics. The catch is unlike on my old computer I am ONLY using the mods I made and NOT the mods which the models originally came from, this why I have the red and white checkerboard graphics because nothing else seems to be the problem.

How do I fix this? Is there something that I am doing wrong by just "Adding from existing file" in "ModBuddy"? Do I have to use Nexus?... Because I messed up the "Base Path" by choosing to put it in "Documents" instead of somewhere else. I need to correct that and find a good Base Path in order to use Nexus properly.

I downloaded other models from this site like the WW2 models and ancient era models... Do I have to use those files when I "Add existing file" (in ModBuddy) instead of from those mod file locations?

Sorry if I worded any of that incorrectly.

Top Bottom