• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Regno d'Italia. An Italian AoI Story!

Yes I know, I wonder how well they worked. One round every five minutes, and they were monster from the pics I looked at. I have heard a 16" gun go off on the Wisconsin BB-64, but imagine a 17" gun! :D

The YAmato had 18 inch guns and those re supposedly the largest ever put on a ship.

Hey,

To clear all the 18 inch guns. Here is some info.

BL 18-inch Mk I naval gun
The BL 18-inch Mk I naval gun was a breech-loading naval gun used by the Royal Navy during World War I. It was the largest and heaviest gun ever used by the British.[1] Only the Second World War Japanese 40 cm/45 Type 94 had a larger calibre, 18.1 inches (46 cm), but the British shell was heavier. The gun was a scaled-up version of the BL 15 inch Mk I naval gun and was developed to equip the 'large light cruiser' (a form of battlecruiser) Furious. Three guns were built, but they did not see combat with the Furious, before they were removed from her and transferred to the Lord Clive-class monitors General Wolfe and Lord Clive for coast bombardment duties. Only 85 rounds were fired in anger before the war ended. All three were removed from service in 1920 and served as proving guns for cordite tests. Two were scrapped in 1933 and the last one survived until it was scrapped in 1947.

Japanese 40 cm/45 Type 94 naval gun
The Japanese 40 cm/45 Type 94 naval gun was the largest bore gun ever mounted on any warship. They were actually 46 cm (18.1 in) guns, but were designated 40 cm in an effort to hide their true size.

The built-up guns were mounted as the main armament of the Yamato class battleships that were in service with the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II. The turrets the guns were mounted in weighed 2,510 tons each, which is about the same tonnage as an average sized destroyer of the era.

The Japanese guns were of a slightly larger bore than three British 18 inch naval guns built during World War I, although the shells were not as heavy. Britain had later designed the N3 battleship with 18-inch guns but none were built, leaving no Allied naval guns to compare with the Type 94. Unlike the very large guns of other navies they could fire special anti-aircraft shells (Sanshiki) referred to as "Beehive".

As we see the Yamamoto class battleship had the largest.

Blaze Injun

Well you see I had AoI and I got rid of the raze patch to play multiplayer then I couldn't find it so I uninstalled C3C and then I deleted the email with the download file.. :blush:

Top Bottom