[GS] Release at midnight Wednesday? Or . . . ?

Which means I start work the very minute the expansion launches. Oh well I have the next day off so i can sink into it then.

I am taking Thursday (and most likely Friday) off as well. It;s not going to be all fun and games though. We have a 3-month-old puppy (AND a 4-month-old daughter because we are insane) who has to go to the vet and requires a LOT of supervision, so I probably won't be able to play as much as I would like. But I will give it the old college try anyways!

I hope midnight. I'll be off to internet-free areas on Friday to celebrate my 30:th birthday, so I'll only be able to play for a single day :sad:

Of course, since they're releasing it globally at midnight EST rather than at midnight in each time zone, the VPN trick won't work.

I pre-ordered via Amazon awhile back, and my order now states that my Steam code for GS will be available 2/14 at midnight US Pacific time. Don’t know if those who preordered direct from Steam will get it any sooner, but as an East Coaster, I am bummed because there is no way I can stay up until 3am to get the code and start the download...

This. I only ordered on Amazon because I had a $25 gift card but I will fully cancel my order if they're going to make us wait until 2am CST (where I lived). I know it seems impatient but so many people get early access just for using Steam that it feels deeply unfair to me, who works 3 part-time jobs and will barely have Vday to play the game, most of the weekend working.

Looks like there will be a gathering storm for me on release. Thank you, I'll show myself out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190211-143501_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20190211-143501_Google.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 210
So the question is sleep, or play gathering storm? Hmmm. I sleep weird hours anyways due to my working schedule, but it releases right when I'm normally sleeping.

I've got paternal leave 3 days a week for the next half a year or so, and turn based games are pretty much perfect for that. So I guess I'll be able to play some while taking care of my daughter.
However, thursday is the one day I work for 13 hours....so weekend can't come soon enough :lol:

So the question is sleep, or play gathering storm? Hmmm. I sleep weird hours anyways due to my working schedule, but it releases right when I'm normally sleeping.

Didn’t you say sleep was overrated? Maybe someone else said it. My advice is that you definitely sleep. Others will be doing the grunt work for you with GS. :D

This will be one of the few Valentines days im so glad im a divorced single guy with nobody to say, Baby are we going out of Vday? You married guys, you telling your wife your busy? haha

This will be one of the few Valentines days im so glad im a divorced single guy with nobody to say, Baby are we going out of Vday? You married guys, you telling your wife your busy? haha

Nope. My wife knows that Civ is my favorite video game series and is totally OK with me playing.

The baby and puppy on the other hand...

Ah, the advantages of being Retired and having just sent over 20 pages of translations off to my writing partner so My Decks Are Cleared from now 'til the end of the week. . .

Last edited:
Top Bottom